Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1326: Race Through New York Grand Opening Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby PVA62 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:16 pm

^^^Great report! I enjoyed my first trip to the resort last year, even the Harry Potter areas (which I'm not a huge fan of). It's really a nice looking pair of parks, but until they add something really really spectacular, I don't find myself really itching to get back. It's been 15 years since I've been to WDW so that is much higher on the list of parks to get to. Thanks for the report again though!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sixflagsgadv1000 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Thought I would mention something in regards to Volcano Bay (which looks like it might be the best water park ever built).

Did anyone take note of the Ko'okiri Body Plunge slide. Universal hasn't really announced this, but it's pretty clear that this will be the tallest water slide in the United States. Maybe I'm crazy, but after Verruckt permanently closed, there aren't any slides that are taller. Universal states that it will be a 125 ft plunge straight down from the top of the Volcano. With Deep Water Dive at Kentucky Kingdom at 121 ft and Summit Plummet at 120, this thing will hold the record. Not to mention that you will start in a drop capsule. This thing will be insane.

With this and all of the other fantastic looking slides, river rides, pools, complimentary fast pass (TapuTapu), and the fact that Universal created a whole story and theme for the entire park, I am honestly looking forward to Volcano Bay more than anything else in the amusement/theme park industry for 2017. It's genius and the whole concept is brilliant. I feel it will be right up there with both Aquaventure Parks at the Atlantis Resorts, Yas Waterworld, and Siam Park as one of the best themed water parks out there. Anyone else as syked as me?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby storms555 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:10 pm

A waterslide that tall seems epic! Id like to go on one that tall one day....The tall straight down speed slides are my favorite type of waterslides. Just like my favorite coaster element is the steep straight down drop. Now imagine they made Hyper and Giga waterslides :omg:
:airtime: =) :airtimer: yay rollercoasters!!! :b

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Legocraft » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:34 am

CrazedZooChimp wrote:Thought you guys might be interested in this in case you hadn't seen it. One of the other writers over at Coaster101 did a break down of how the boom coaster works (based on the patent) including some of the physics and CAD simulations. And he does compare it to the "cantilevered" coaster from like a million years ago :lmao:

www.coaster101.com/2017/01/04/boom-coaster-vs-cantilevered-coaster/

So could that be a donkey kong type ride maybe?
Is that a banshee screaming? Oh wait that's me...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sixflagsgadv1000 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:16 am

Legocraft wrote:
CrazedZooChimp wrote:Thought you guys might be interested in this in case you hadn't seen it. One of the other writers over at Coaster101 did a break down of how the boom coaster works (based on the patent) including some of the physics and CAD simulations. And he does compare it to the "cantilevered" coaster from like a million years ago :lmao:

www.coaster101.com/2017/01/04/boom-coaster-vs-cantilevered-coaster/

So could that be a donkey kong type ride maybe?

Mine Cart Madness!!!! I was actually hoping for a multi-launch RMC called DK's Barrel Blast, though the odd's of that happening are slim to none.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sixflagsgadv1000 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:19 am

storms555 wrote:A waterslide that tall seems epic! Id like to go on one that tall one day....The tall straight down speed slides are my favorite type of waterslides. Just like my favorite coaster element is the steep straight down drop. Now imagine they made Hyper and Giga waterslides :omg:

That would be moderately terrifying, though I would probably ride all of them.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:54 am

Making a day trip to both parks tomorrow... anything I should know about?
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:26 pm

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:Making a day trip to both parks tomorrow... anything I should know about?

Yea...call before you go. Apparently the power at the parks and city walk is out.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:45 pm

^From what we're seeing it's really mostly CityWalk.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 am

Jimmy Fallon's Race Through New York has soft opened apparently.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!