Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1418: Halloween Horror Nights 28 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: jedimaster1227, PKI Jizzman and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Demon Baby stole my heart... AND OUR SOUL!]

Demon Baby! Oh no! Could it be?? Say it ain't so. It looks like: MAN-CHILD! Now THAT's scary! :lmao: ;)

(GREAT report and photos. Lots of works of art in those characters and costumes! So much to see!)

Alice

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:06 am

It is absolutely incredible to me just how different Orlando and Hollywood's HHNs are. Orlando always seems to be at the top of their game, throwing a ton of money into the event and really getting into it. Hollywood just seems like a pure cash grab with a ton of empty space in the haunts. Such a shame.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:18 am

So we went to HHN and USO/IOA last weekend, and it was a great time!
HHN was alot of fun, the fast pass was absolutely worth it, did all the houses and had time for rides and a show, still made it back to the hotel at a reasonable hour to boot.
We did make a mistake of doing the parks during day, then HHN at night. We were destroyed the last couple of hours, and the last few houses were not as enjoyable. Lessons learned for next year.

That said, was a fun time. HHN was good and the parks are still fun. Great detail on the houses, good selection of themes/movies and the scare zones are always a blast.

As for the parks I recall last year thinking the Mummy was surprising, and it did have some legit airtime. Last year the Hulk beat my head to a pulp. This time, did 2 rides on 2 diff days and it was perfectly fine. So who knows. Glad it was smooth, because that could be a top 15 ride, what an intense experience!!! The Harry Potter worlds are still mindblowing even having seen it a few times already, and I really love those rides, esp the Forbidden Journey.
So, nothing new really, just was glad the Hulk is either back to smooth (or maybe I just had a bad day last year) and we tackled HHN in a much better manner.
Oh, got my coaster hating gf to ride Hulk once, and shockingly she didnt hate it. Didnt care for it, but "I didnt regret it"
Progress?
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:02 pm

Mmmmmm cake made of clown. =)

And Fast Passes seem to be The Way to do everything
without getting tired, kranky, etc. (kranky?)

Great TR of the Media Event. Thanks for sharing it.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby parkjunkie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:00 am

First teaser poster has appeared. Numerous sites posted this yesterday with short articles talking about the announcement being in early 2019 and still leaning towards the theming being of Hagrid's motorcycle and the Forbidden Forest.
HPTeaserCoaster.jpg

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:34 am

parkjunkie wrote:First teaser poster has appeared. Numerous sites posted this yesterday with short articles talking about the announcement being in early 2019 and still leaning towards the theming being of Hagrid's motorcycle and the Forbidden Forest.

My sister and I visited USO/IOA on Sunday and we could see track for the new coaster. Looks like Intamin or Mack track. My guess is that Universal will try to beat Disney by opening this a few months before Galaxy's Edge is supposed to open.

Also, I found Hulk to be enjoyable. I was actually able to ride it twice back-to-back (the same can't be said for Rockit next door, which isn't easily rerideable). Is the refurbished Hulk a new credit compared to the old one?
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 am

Does anyone else find this poster to be "thematically" a little odd?

Hear me out...

Putting aside that the whole point of this image was to send the message of "we are building a ROLLER COASTER in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter... yes a ROLLER COASTER is what our next attraction will be..."

Put that aside for a moment....

Does this poster seem a little odd "thematically?"

As far as I am aware, there weren't any roller coasters in the Harry Potter universe so seeing an image of roller coaster track with nothing else taking center of attention in this image is really strange to me. The roller coaster track represents the "technology" and the ride system in which the new attraction will be built on, not the actual theme of the ride vehicle itself.

Unless of course the theme of this ride is going in the direction of "Harry Potter built a roller coaster in his backyard," seeing an image of what is obviously roller coaster track seems to completely break the theming that Universal and JK Rowling have been so strict about.

For example, when Disney released concept images for Flight of Passage, they showed this:
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 11.08.53 AM.png

They didn't show the ride vehicle or the screen or anything "behind the scenes" of what the attraction or ride system is because that would break the theming of the world it is set in.

So why do we have a picture of roller coaster track for this new Harry Potter attraction? Unless it literally is a roller coaster themed to a roller coaster in the Harry Potter land! :lmao: :lol:

Do you see why I think this is. "thematically" a little strange?
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:14 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:21 am

Hmm--that's an interesting point. A coaster track in the middle of Hogsmeade/Hogwarts does look a bit odd. Why not use an image of what the ride vehicle is supposed to look like flying through the air, or along a path?
Last edited by cfc on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:22 am.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:23 am

I totally get what you're saying. JK is so strict about the way the IP is presented and seen I'm surprised this is the first thing we're given for the new attraction. Didn't she even outlaw Coke, pizza, and other "non canon" Harry Potter universe items to be in that part of the park? I don't remember a canon coaster :lol:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Chiselphane » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:04 am

Maybe it's just simply a reassurance that it's an actual coaster and not a screen ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!