TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Overrated coaster?

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expedition Geforce is so rated, it simply HAS to be overrated. No rollercoaster can possibly live up to how Expedion Geforce is seemingly worshiped in the coaster world. My expectations are super high for this ride, so much so that I feel I can only be disappointed, which is annoying. Does anyone have a legitimate crappy review for this ride to lower my expectations to a reasonable level?

I rode it back in 2012. It's a very good ride but just not the best in the world, there are better rides out there imho. I was a bit let down when I rode it compared to all the review. Still one of the best coasters I have ever ridden.

This sounds like SFNE's Superman, which has always been near the top of the Mitch Hawker and Golden Ticket (laugh if you want, but it's still something). It's a great coaster, but it never has been in my top 5. Heck I don't even think Superman is the park's best coaster any more.

Expedition Geforce is so rated, it simply HAS to be overrated. No rollercoaster can possibly live up to how Expedion Geforce is seemingly worshiped in the coaster world. My expectations are super high for this ride, so much so that I feel I can only be disappointed, which is annoying. Does anyone have a legitimate crappy review for this ride to lower my expectations to a reasonable level?

I rode it back in 2012. It's a very good ride but just not the best in the world, there are better rides out there imho. I was a bit let down when I rode it compared to all the review. Still one of the best coasters I have ever ridden.

This! It's a very good coaster, with a fantastic drop and some awesome airtime. But as you said, it's just not the very best coaster out there. Still a top 10 ride though, and my number 3.

Millennium Force. The drop is the only great part of the ride, and it doesn't even land in my top five favorite drops. The ride that is supposedly one of the best in the world barely breaks into my top 10, and I doubt it's even top 100 in the world. The airtime is weak floater at best, it has an annoying rattle, and worst of all, it is utterly forceless. Many rave about the forcefulness of the overbanks, yet I found Woodstock Express to have better positive Gs at times. Also, the design itself is pretty weak. It is very repetitive and there are too many sections of flat track.

El Toro is my number six, but that's it. I find multiple parts of the layout to be quite rough, and despite the amazing airtime on the first drop, following two hills, and the Rolling Thunder Hill, the rest is lacking a bit. The pacing at the end is awful as it kind of dies after the RT Hill. The final transitions are sluggish and rough and the train struggles to crawl over last couple hills. My biggest complaint is the roughness on the turnaround as it leaves me with a headache every time I ride. It does still rank well for me because the airtime is absolutely mental (not on the level of Skyrush though).

^Did you ride it?

Not yet, but I might have to return here and say it is overrated very soon. Hopefully I will not though! I hope so much it lives up to its hype and it is incredible. Also, Stonem, thanks for putting the ride into context.

El Toro is my number six, but that's it. I find multiple parts of the layout to be quite rough, and despite the amazing airtime on the first drop, following two hills, and the Rolling Thunder Hill, the rest is lacking a bit. The pacing at the end is awful as it kind of dies after the RT Hill. The final transitions are sluggish and rough and the train struggles to crawl over last couple hills. My biggest complaint is the roughness on the turnaround as it leaves me with a headache every time I ride. It does still rank well for me because the airtime is absolutely mental (not on the level of Skyrush though).

You haven't ridden on a warmed up El Toro train. I've ridden probably three or four dozen times and experienced "slow" and fast rides, and it's most noticeable after the RT hill. During fast rides it can be the most intense part of the ride and it's actually difficult to put your hands up. I would argue the pacing speeds up after the RT hill on fast rides, and there's a pop of air going into the brakes.

You haven't ridden on a warmed up El Toro train. I've ridden probably three or four dozen times and experienced "slow" and fast rides, and it's most noticeable after the RT hill. During fast rides it can be the most intense part of the ride and it's actually difficult to put your hands up. I would argue the pacing speeds up after the RT hill on fast rides, and there's a pop of air going into the brakes.

I've been on Toro at multiple times in the day on multiple days and never experienced airtime on the final hills. The final transitions are somewhat intense, but not nearly the intensity that it's made out to be. Maybe my expectations were too high. Also, it's by no means a bad coaster; I'm just focusing on the negative aspects that keep it from ranking higher for me. It's still an awesome ride, and easily the best at the park.

Does anyone else feel that Helix is just kind of weird and not nearly as fun as it looks? The layout is expansive yet it rides almost like a compact semi-rough Euro Fighter, the launches have no real kick to them, and overall (to me) feels like one of those coasters that are fast and have a lot of show-y elements to them but little enjoyable physics. To be fair I've only ridden it twice so I should probably give it another chance...

This is surely no biggie here, but the populace loves it: Volcano. All 3 times I've been to KD its underwhelming. Even when I got on with ERT and thus did 3 in a row with no wait, eh.

Alpengeist. OK been a while (2001) but again I found it a bit underwhelming.

This one may hurt but it was simply my personal experience and I think weather may have caused it. I had a great time on Boulder Dash, but I was expecting #1 caliber material from all the massive hype, and it was simply a fun ride that had a bit less air than I expected. Was also like 57 degrees and drizzly, been told cold and rainy makes it run worse. I'd absolutely wanna try again.

On that note: Bizarro at SFNE. This was a case of "too late" for me. Ever since it opened I've heard how it's #1 material and I just never made it up there. When I finally did, have been on Skyrush, I305, Kingda Ka, El Toro. It was great but I think simply wasn't quite up to par with more modern rides, and having experienced those first...

Overrated of course =/= bad as both those are in my top 10

Yep, Expedition GeForce is overrated, but not that much. It is still an insane ride and the best and most intense ride I have ever done. I rode it 8 times, mostly in the back. It may be overrated, but the first drop was not, it was spectacular and everything I thought I was going to die! More themeing and a tunnel would make this ride better.

IMG_5082.thumb.JPG.f9653d6e963eac215a481a04812a706f.JPG

Back row. I guess it is not possible for any ride to live up the the hype this ride got.

^ nah, that is not what I meant by that post. It is an incredibly good ride, and so near perfect, but anything with the tag line 'worlds best rollercoaster' can almost always be overrated. It is overrated, but only slightly. I was shocked by how much it did live up to the hype. I spoke to some other enthusiasts the next day at another park, and one said they hated it, and it is up there with their top worst coasters. It depends on what you like, and I really like the ride. However, I did not come off and feel there was nothing better the world of coasters had to offer.

Really glad I rode it, and did not go on wanting it to be overrated, but it just is kind of overrated. Sky scream on the other hand! That needs to go in the other forum! So underrated.

^ nah, that is not what I meant by that post. It is an incredibly good ride, and so near perfect, but anything with the tag line 'worlds best rollercoaster' can almost always be overrated. It is overrated, but only slightly. I was shocked by how much it did live up to the hype. I spoke to some other enthusiasts the next day at another park, and one said they hated it, and it is up there with their top worst coasters. It depends on what you like, and I really like the ride. However, I did not come off and feel there was nothing better the world of coasters had to offer.

Really glad I rode it, and did not go on wanting it to be overrated, but it just is kind of overrated. Sky scream on the other hand! That needs to go in the other forum! So underrated.

You can't make this up, folks.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Beast. What a complete f**king snore fest.

The Beast is one coaster that I thought there'd be no way it'd live up to the hype, and then I loved it. No kidding! I think it's the best ride in the park, even if it's been trimmed and tweaked over the years. The double-helix at night is a religious experience. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it.