TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Everland Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Everland have closed down the Charactorium which is quite surprising considering it only opened a year ago with a whole new building made for it http://www.everland.com/web/everland/now/news/1215185_10436.html

Scroll down to the bottom of this post for pictures of the charactorium: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68491&p=1585733#p1585733

In other news, both parks has been surprisingly empty lately even though we are now in Gold season: it's when the hours are extended to ridiculously long opening times and because the hot weather normally pushes people into the water park, Everland becomes free in the evening for water park ticket holders. I've mentioned quite often that weekends can actually end up being quieter than weekdays, on Sunday with a very slight chance of rain and with Caribbean Bay open 8:00am until 10pm, and Everland 10am-11pm, the slides were mostly walk on until mid-afternoon and never seemed to get higher than 40-50 mins (our visit a year or two back we saw 2-3 hour waits) and T Express was only a couple of train waits and same with the Safari Rides.

• 4 weeks later...

Granted the weather has been really hot this year with no rain, but the crowds have been shockingly low this year, would be a great time for people to visit. This was taken on a Saturday during a 3 day holiday weekend (Saturday-Monday) during gold season. Granted the cheapest season passes are on black-out dates during these weekends but the water park was at capacity which means that quite a few people who were in Everland were actually there for free until they could enter the water-park which makes the walk-ons even more shocking.

I'll be at the park this weekend, will maybe finally do a TR on stuff that's changed around the park and the new panda exhibit but I'm playing tour guide to my family since it's their first time in Korea and they're mainly here to see their newborn grandson so not sure how much time we will have.

image1.thumb.PNG.78b2e55febd04068855095f28ea45860.PNG

image2.thumb.PNG.d84909815bf03f7be7fffe4900c9da05.PNG

image3.thumb.PNG.bbcf9226a36bf6dffdada19c893a4913.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Source

This article mentions a VR of the SBNO ferris wheel and Thomas Train opening at Everland. Looking at the height restriction (and the fact that the ferris wheel doesn't turn) I'd assume these are movie additions to the new VR Attraction I mentioned in my TR which already includes T Express, Mega Storm, Safari World and Horror Maze: Shameless plug to my latest TR here but there's always a slight chance it could be a VR add-on to the train and an experience outside of the SBNO ferris wheel, the publicity pictures here are confusing me a little.

P1180679.thumb.jpg.041cfe1ffe3097088b21042cf02085ef.jpg

Edited by Garet

I was wrong, seems they are two new additions elsewhere on top of the VR adventure next to T Express and the VR area of Pride in Korea.

Samsung Everland has applied virtual reality (VR) technologies to revive its landmark Universe Big Wheel, which stopped operating in August 2010.

It is not that the nation's largest theme park in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, will make the wheel rotate again. But it is to enable visitors wearing VR goggles to view the landscape as if the wheel is actually rotating.

The company will open the ride to the public this Saturday, allowing users to get into four cars that are parked just above the ground. When they step into the cars while wearing the VR goggles, they will feel as if the wheel is rotating, according to company officials.

"We decided to bring the wheel back to life using VR technologies to give good, old memories back to our customers who once rode the ride," a Samsung Everland official said. "The Universe Big Wheel, one of the most popular rides until it was stopped from operating in August 2010, offered memorial experiences to a total of 20 million users for 28 years. Even though we don't actually run the wheel, we can at least let our visitors experience what it was like when going on the ride, with the help of the VR device."

For about three minutes, the users view the landscape as the wheel rotates 360 degrees in virtual reality, he said. "We believe that this will emerge as a must-take-ride, attracting large numbers of visitors. We have and will continue to apply VR and other technologies to our rides to provide unique experiences."

Celebrating the "reopening" of the Universe Big Wheel, Everland began receiving photos and essays, Thursday, from those who reminisced and learned about the ride via Facebook and other social media outlets.

Over the past few years, Everland has been working to become an information technology-oriented theme park to meet the rapidly changing needs of all its customers.

The company installed the VR program on its Thomas Train, a popular ride for families, as well as opening a 4-dimension VR experience hall.

Source

• 4 weeks later...

Pororo 3D has closed down, that's not really a surprise since it hasn't run in a while, at least from my trips and looking at the app periodically and needed quite a few staff to run. Considering the other building involving Korean children's tv shows, the charactorium, also a staff heavy ride closed earlier in the year it's not a surprise. The notice mentions something new but the same thing happened when Global Village (small world boat ride) closed down and that was replaced by a garden.

Considering the new mascots, and the pandas close by who just had mascots made, I wonder if they could have a film made involving them, there was a mini cartoon I posted a few pages back with them. The last time Pororo closed was for a new Pororo movie but this time it's been removed completely from the app and a notice posted on the site about it closing.

Source

^ Good catch, just guessing but I think probably not for Everland since the main focus there is the 2017 hotel on Eagle's Fortress's old site. Although there has been surprisingly little news and progress for it when I last visited so who knows, I'd definitely love a new coaster there. The Pororo theater is located on main street between buildings so I'm not sure how much space there is there, I think they'd probably just put in a new movie.

It could honestly go anywhere in Korea but if i were to guess for the Thunderbolt, i'd say E-Land since they just brought 2 thrill rides from Zamperla and seem to be one of the only parks expanding.

There's also Gyeongju World who have a construction site and station for a "2016 dive coaster" with drawings of a B&M ski lodge type ride that's on the construction walls for their snow park.The snow park just opened this week but the new site shows the park having a more Mystical theme and now mentions a diving coaster coaster for 2018 called Dragon: http://www.gjw.co.kr/amusements/information/04_noticeVw.asp?pMode=A&pMenu=6&pTab=4&idx=1368

I was excited for a potential Sheikra/Griffin clone and the site does still say diving coaster but it could just be marketing speak for a Thunderbolt's first drop.

^ Good catch, just guessing but I think probably not for Everland since the main focus there is the 2017 hotel on Eagle's Fortress's old site. Although there has been surprisingly little news and progress for it when I last visited so who knows, I'd definitely love a new coaster there. The Pororo theater is located on main street between buildings so I'm not sure how much space there is there, I think they'd probably just put in a new movie.

It could honestly go anywhere in Korea but if i were to guess for the Thunderbolt, i'd say E-Land since they just brought 2 thrill rides from Zamperla and seem to be one of the only parks expanding.

There's also Gyeongju World who have a construction site and station for a "2016 dive coaster" with drawings of a B&M ski lodge type ride that's on the construction walls for their snow park.The snow park just opened this week but the new site shows the park having a more Mystical theme and now mentions a diving coaster coaster for 2018 called Dragon: http://www.gjw.co.kr/amusements/information/04_noticeVw.asp?pMode=A&pMenu=6&pTab=4&idx=1368

I was excited for a potential Sheikra/Griffin clone and the site does still say diving coaster but it could just be marketing speak for a Thunderbolt's first drop.

I don't think it's going to Gyeongju World because the Thunderbolt model was just sold at IAAPA and the dive coaster was announced before I'm pretty sure. It could be going to E-LAND though!

• 4 weeks later...

There's a construction wall between Hurricane and Championship Rodeo and it's going to be another VR ride and..... yea, I'm just not excited. I didn't really enjoy the VR I tried. I know Samsung owns Everland and VR is the thing they are trying to sell but this will be the 5th addition in a row when we've seen a few other physical rides and areas close lately.

If I was to guess, since we already have two static VR's nearby with the ferris wheel and Pride in Korea and the VR simulator of T Express (not to mention the train has a VR option) I wouldn't be too surprised if this ended up being one of these versions of the 360's they showed off at CES 2017.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 2 weeks later...

http://cafe.naver.com/lastar/65763

I just got important news for everyone who wants to visit Everland.

South Korea is now available in Pokemon Go, a famous game that shocked the world.

Now, some pokemons are appearing in the Everland, and it's heard there are 90 pokestops in Everland.

Everland just released imporant messages for anyone who wants to catch pokemon.

1. Turn on 'AR' to see where you're going.

2. Catch pokemon, but be caerful not to go off from the waiting line.

3. Some attractions won't allow phones like T-Express. Take some rest when you ride it.

4. Stop catching pokemon when there is parade, performance and fireworks show.

5. Be sure to watch where you're going.

6. Even there is pokemon, you can't go into restricted areas, such as ride area, performers' backstage, employee area etc.

7. Did you know that fountain located in the middle of Four Season Garden is extremely crowded with players?

8. Want to hatch the egg? Try riding Royal Jubilee Carousel.

9. At the price, you can charge phone battery in Service Center in main gate and Grand Stage.

I'm thinking it will be hard to visit Everland without bumping into random people walking around to catch pokemon.

• 3 weeks later...

New attraction coming based on a popular Korean kids tv show will open March 11. Not sure where until maps update but with Pororo 3D (another popular cartoon) recently closed down and the characterium that used to be filled with little areas based on other popular tv shows, either locations seem like likely candidates.

T Express and the water attractions have just finished their winter rehab and March 1st will kick off the tulip festival, however the Everland resort hotel opening Spring 2017 is still just dirt and there's been no mention anywhere if it's postponed or cancelled, although I'm sure Samsung have bigger issues right now....

Edited by Garet

• 2 weeks later...

So It seems as I guessed the attraction based on a kids tv show will replace Pororo 3D which itself was a 3d movie of a kids cartoon.

everland.thumb.jpg.8a8784721fbf8537e57ca6aad3fe8470.jpg

Everland have also released artwork for the 4th VR attraction going near Hurricane, it's still unclear what it will be but I'm still leaning towards the 360 VR I posted above.

20170307_VR_1.thumb.jpg.c02d3c421303cc3b4a6b971b97e9d7f0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So Everland's new VR ride is a robot arm with VR attached: http://witheverland.tistory.com/1678

It will be a paid add-on made by reservation outside the building. It's also interesting to note this is yet another article with mention of Everland becoming an I.T. park: Everland accelerates transformation into 'IT theme park' What with this being the 4th VR ride installed in a row with all other additions to the park recently being hologram shows, 3D movies or updates to the simulator and the removal of a dark ride for a garden it will be interesting to see what direction they take the park.

• 3 weeks later...

On top of all the recent VR additions Everland have updated their original VR attraction the moving seats VR next to T Express with new films: http://www.everland.com/web/everland/now/news/1216242_10436.html

Umm.... Yay. It's really hard to keep this thread alive when the only new attractions are mostly media/VR based and the last big coaster was 10 years ago. I haven't even bothered getting new pictures for a TR since VR doesn't really interest me either.

It's kind of buried at the bottom but Space Tours which has been hosting Rio 4D for the last couple of years is changing to Happy Family 4D which apparently is a movie coming out later this year according to IMDB.: http://www.everland.com/pick/kids/kids_week.html

As I posted above the closed charactorium recently opened a disaster experience center on the second floor. The first floor will now be a kids village with more interactive opportunities.

• 2 weeks later...

Some great 4K video of the night entertainment. 12 minute medley of musical numbers for the summer fireworks show. Out of all the ones they rotate, this one is probably my favorite and I'm always amazed how close you can sit (you can see how close the people areat the start):

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

And though this parade is all year around, this video shows off what I talked about in my last TR. I really like that the parade has a finale when the first float hits the end of the route, with the other floats spread further down the path so a lot more people can see it (Around the 9:20 mark)

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 1 month later...

So after the knock off it's a small world was removed and replaced with a garden, it seems this is now also what is fated to replace Eagle's Fortress. The construction walls don't mention the hotel anymore but a new garden. To be fair to the park, it's a huge site so it could be a case of part of it will be a garden and the rest is for future development (please don't let this be where the Korean Zamperla Thunderbolt ends up)

• 2 weeks later...

The Thomas train will finish operations at the end of this month, like Pororo, Madagascar and Rio 4D, it could just be a case of letting the license expire and getting a new theme in to replace it and the nearby cafe. If not it could always revert to the original festival train.

P1140869.thumb.jpg.79412ddb4d5a41c8b3304a8cdf51c4ec.jpg

Old train

P1170025.thumb.jpg.09acf2b33497c945810530be4aeb863d.jpg

P1170028.thumb.jpg.49d3ef2279efb3510f5c2e9ca8d41705.jpg