TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GRIFFON thrills lucky visitors earlier than scheduled...

Was anybody at Busch Gardens Europe yesterday for Mothers Day? I guess not as I would think we would've already seen a thread! But anyway, Griffon had a soft opening and was operating all day with approximately 20 minute waits with a three train operation -- two weeks ahead of its scheduled official opening. The ride looks spectacular! I'm envious of every person that will have the opportunity to ride it this season!

Here are some photographs courtesy of Anthony Ferguson and BGEscape.

splash.thumb.jpg.64493590eb81cb1b77e89cfff9b21d48.jpg

Griffon, wetting itself from all the excitement.

entrar.thumb.jpg.1bb08a6aeac6720c93158c7368c6910f.jpg

Guests piling into the queue entrance.

widetrains.thumb.jpg.6748fbb8f2d120691564efdb4cf34b8b.jpg

Wide load...

griff.thumb.jpg.6acbf75758395554a8604244cc690f23.jpg

Wow.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great pics! Great logo, great theming, what more could you ask for? And not only are those trains huge, they look as comfortable as my living room recliner!

If they are anything like the B&M hypercoaster trains, they will be the comfiest seats you will ever have the pleasure of sitting in. Unfortunatly I'm betting they are more like the slightly less comfy floorless coaster seats.

I can't wait to come out to VA in August (drop off my brother at W&M for college) and ride this thing. Being out there when it was testing was so frustrating and awesome at the same time!

Wow... I still cant believe how big those trains are! How does the floor work? Does the middle section of the floor stay attached to the train?

The two large platforms pull away into both sides of the loading platform and the middle platform lowers into the track. Nifty!

Wow... I still cant believe how big those trains are! How does the floor work? Does the middle section of the floor stay attached to the train?

To give you some idea you can see how it works here... ->

~Matthew

The floor on Griffon isn't exactly the same as on other Floorless coasters. Griffon has no "drop, split and fold" sequence like other Floorless coasters.