TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday Park Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Movie Park Germany, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. TPR's Park Index

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

April 7th, 2007 - Holiday Park selling parts of Intamin cable - SEE BELOW!

March 26th, 2010 - Wild Mouse is being built for 2010

April 28th, 2010 - Accident shuts down Expedition G-Force for months

August 5th, 2010 - Expedition G-Force re-opens (without trims)

November 3rd, 2010 - Studio 100 (owner of Plopsa Parks) purchases Holiday Park

April 22nd, 2012 - Plopsa invests in Holiday Park improvements

May 1st, 2012 - Holiday Park improvements continue

August 26th, 2013 - Holiday Park announces new launched Premier coaster for 2014 (similar to SFDK's Superman)

April 12th, 2014 - Sky Scream opens

August 15th, 2014 - Girl dies after Spinning Barrels accident

October 4th, 2014 - Park sells three rides (Spinning Barrels, Condor and Wild Mouse)

February 7th, 2015 - Gertslauer Sky Fly announced

October 30th, 2016 - Holiday Beach Area to be added, big ride addition teased for 2018

July 25th, 2017 - $7.5 million euro investment in new indoor area for 2018 with a Zierer coaster

Original Post

Holiday Park www.holidaypark.de

is offering parts of last year's lift cable for sale. It costs 40 euro's and you get the 6 or 7 inch piece of cable with a stand and a certificate. There were only 3 left yesterday and I bought one. You can see the pictures at the below website and you'll be able to see some onride photo's of what we did yesterday.

Heres the on ride photo-

Another on ride photo-

AND PICS OF THE CABLE

Edited by larrygator

• 2 years later...

Roller Coaster: Holly's Wilde Autofahrt

Amusement Park: Holiday Park (Hassloch, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany)

Classification: Roller Coaster

Type: Steel - Sit Down

Make / Model: Maurer Söhne / Other / Wilde Maus Classic

Designer: Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH

Track layout: Wild Mouse

Capacity: 900 riders per hour

Length: 1213' 11"

Height: 49' 3"

Inversions: 0

Duration: 2:00

Trains: 8 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 4 riders per car.

Etymology: "Holly's Wilde Autofahrt" is German for "Holly's Wild Car Ride". "Holly" is the park's mascot.

Link

Edited by Airtime&Gravity

This is actually really good, the park needed a more 'junior' coaster. Something less destructive then the Vekoma Corkscrew and slightly less intimidating than GeForce!

Oh, and Bonus Credit for the TPR Europe Trip!

That's disappointing. I'm sure they held an event a couple of years ago where they got a bunch of enthusiasts to discuss ideas for a future coaster. Pretty sure I read that they wanted to create something to compete with GeForce. When I was there last year recording a piece for BBC radio they were asking lots of questions about wooden coasters.

Perhaps the mouse is a stop gap for something bigger next year.

^^^^ Hope so, because the park needs some more interesting attractions like GeForce. I did prefer to stay there for some rides on GeForce while traveling to Europapark. The spinning coaster will make the park more attractiv.

^^Shocking that enthusiasts suggested another giant coaster.

I fully believe (and we told park management in 2008) that they needed a junior/family coaster as they didn't have anything for that demographic.

Hopefully this will bring more families and money into the park to then build something bigger in the future!

Maybe I did phrased wrong.

Hopefully this will bring more families and money into the park to then build something bigger in the future!

I meant, I hope they build a new coaster - like mentioned above a spinning coaster - to get more attractive and get more families and guests to grow to something bigger, like you mentioned. So I want totally agree in your opinion. This park needs to get more family attractive and needs some interesting rides for them.

But a spinning coaster is attractive to both, families and those who likes thrill rides, they all will ride it. If they will ever get enough money after doing that and other things in the park, it would be joyful to see there a new great attraction.

• 1 month later...

First of all, I'd appreciate it if one of the mods could update the thread-title, because I couldn't find the right words.

According to several press articles, Expedition GeForce in the German Holiday Park stalled today at a height of 20 meters. The train got evacuated and apparantly several people got slightly injured, although I doubt that.

What's remarkable is that it seems that the 4th car of the train got off the track.

I know accidents happen all the time, but I definitely think this is quite a remarkable accident, so i thought I'd share it.

Some articles (in Dutch):

http://www.gva.be/nieuws/buitenland/guid/1be0b266-e386-4797-a9c9-a18171a739d3.aspx

http://www.destentor.nl/algemeen/buitenland/6614598/Mensen-bevrijd-uit-Duitse-achtbaan.ece

The before mentioned Bild-Zeitung has posted a new report with two pictures on its webpage.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/leserreporter/aktuell/nachrichten/2010/04/29/achterbahn-entgleist/in-holiday-park-hassloch.html

The interessting part (roughly translated):

What happend?

Rudi Mallasch (43) from HolidayPark: "Waggon 4 has lost it´s tracking. Thereby the ride stopped. At no time were any passengers in mortal danger."

There is another newspaper article: Rhein-Zeitung (German local paper)

Technischer Defekt Ursache für Achterbahn-Panne

Haßloch Nach der Achterbahn-Panne im Holiday Park Haßloch in der Pfalz ist nach Angaben des Betreibers noch ungewiss, wann die «Expedition GeForce» wieder fahrbereit ist. Park-Sprecher Rudi Mallasch sagte auf dpa-Anfrage am Freitag, der TÜV sei noch vor Ort. Die Anlage bleibe bis zum Abschluss der Untersuchungen außer Betrieb.

Nach bisherigen Erkenntnissen führte ein technischer Defekt an der Achse eines Wagens dazu, dass dieser bei dem Vorfall am Mittwochnachmittag aus der Spur sprang. Der Zug mit 26 Fahrgästen an Bord blieb daraufhin in etwa 20 Metern Höhe stehen. Die Feuerwehr befreite die Besucher mit Hilfe von Drehleitern aus der Bahn.

It´s been told, that it seems to be a technical issue on the axle of the car. It seems to be proved, that the axle derailed, while the coaster was on the ride, so it caused the accident. The TÜV (Association for Technical Inspection) keeps going on the tests at the coaster and the ride stays closed, until the analysis completely finished.

Here are pictures:

01-achterbahn-bild.jpg.8a7f83ce8358e16476f362a5a5410d46.jpg

02-achterbahn-bild.jpg.d0f18811bf7e27627d5a098b321e956e.jpg

geforce_accident_1.jpg.81f22a4bbd0283327e078a1887ca579a.jpg

geforce_accident_2.jpg.397487093c7f831349ec98ddba06b37e.jpg

geforce_accident_3.jpg.b66368bd8784bef06b66371bf93b8fae.jpg

Edited by SharkTums

Holy cow!

This looks pretty dangerous. As far as I know, GeForce has never had an accident since it was opened in 2001!

By the way, I wonder why I didn't hear anything about that incident. I just live half an hour away from that orange awesomeness, I can almost see it in the distance at clear sky. However, I just hope, no one was injured..

^While I realize it's really premature to jump to any kind of conclusions, I hope this isn't something that shines poorly on Holiday Park's maintenance crew. After the snapped cable (don't know what the issue was with that, either), GeForce has had a rough go of it the last year or so. For their sake, I hope this hasn't been a couple huge missteps on the maintenance staff's part.

Actually, from what I see here, this is worrisome. If the train had a similar failure out past the lift hill, I imagine this could have been far worse. Did they bust an axle or something?

OMG that's true. Imagine a bursting wheel or something like that on the open track.

The horror of every theme park visitor

Yeah, it just looks like the entire wheel assemblies just incenerated

I'm sorry, but I'm just kind of getting slightly annoyed with the 'everyone is an expert' when it comes to accidents lately.

How would you even POSSIBLY be able to make that claim based on the very blurry picture that has been released so far???

Stop be so dramatic and making stuff up. Seriously, it's REALLY annoying!!!!