TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Skycycle at Washuzan Highland Park in Okayama

Has anybody here ever had the pleasure to ride this thing? It's a pedal powered roller coaster. I saw it on someone's list of coasters that they would never ride. It looks pretty cool and yet frightening at the same time with those little bitty seat belts. It'd be a fun way to exercise at least

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/03/treehuggerstyle.php

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rode this "coaster" back in September of '05. Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but this is in no way, shape. or form a coaster! You sit in a bicycle-like seat, there is a basket in front of you(to hold loose articles), and you just pedal.....and pedal.....and pedal....

But let me tell you....the view was absolutely amazing! You are on top of this mountain, overlooking the water, hanging off the edge of the mountain, just pedaling! Great for taking photos.

But why is there all this talk about this ride lately? I know it was in the "10 coasters you wouldnt ride" but.....this ride is so obscure in such a random park in Japan! Well, I rode it....do my friends feel special...now we do!

385817454_DSC02541(Medium).JPG.5727a621e144298170a5c19a78c81a3e.JPG

You would pedal you fat @ss around that track too if you could get this view!

1038290738_DSC02540(Medium).JPG.624a8999d54604854b17b9bbefe74ed8.JPG

YUP! simply amazing!

That one looks really cool! I've been on one at LaQua.

Me and my sister on it.

That's me and my sister up front, and my brother behind us. He was pissed because my sister kept stopping and screaming, "E-STOP!" Hehehe, it was fun! And not that hard. The line moves, and it's more of a monorail than a coaster. Though the track could of been identical to Intamin track. But honestly, it wasn't all that special!

-Dainan "I will admit, it was a little nerv racking at first" Rafferty

Ahhhhh, i see now. The way they have the pictures situated makes it look like it's an actual coaster instead of a monorail type ride. It looks like there are hills and stuff but those aren't actually part of the skycycle ride. It would still be fun to ride just for the view.