Six Flags Agrees to Sell Seven Parks for $312 Million

Magic Mountain Not Being Sold
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:48 am

^Wes, don't give up on your dream. There is always hope. ;)

Carnage wrote:^ La Ronde could be your cheapest option.

Though it's also considerably out of the way.

Yeah, I'm going to Laronde next year, but I'll be going to SFKK and possibly SFGAdv before that. SFKK's pass is the same price DL's was.
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

Insert Clever Title Here

Postby TheArchfiend » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:02 am

Who and what is Parc 7F? I searched online to see if I could find out if these guys own and opperate any other theme parks but found nothing. Anyone know or heard of this group?
Jersey Girls rule!!

Aqua Trax Count: 0 :cry:

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby fakestar » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:08 am

krouvi wrote:SFMM is the core of Six Flags so I don't believe they can lose it to anyone else.
We can never now what is REALLY behind this step. They can tell us all kind fo stories but in 5 years we will be all wiser with the truth behind it all.

No, SFoT, oG, and STL are the core of Six Flags, being the original three parks.

SFMM is more like a symbol of what's wrong with Six Flags as a company.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:14 am

fakestar wrote:
krouvi wrote:SFMM is the core of Six Flags so I don't believe they can lose it to anyone else.
We can never now what is REALLY behind this step. They can tell us all kind fo stories but in 5 years we will be all wiser with the truth behind it all.

No, SFoT, oG, and STL are the core of Six Flags, being the original three parks.

SFMM is more like a symbol of what's wrong with Six Flags as a company.

And in recent years SFGAM,SFGADV, and SFoG have pretty much taken over as the flagship parks.

SFMM hasn't been Six Flags prime asset for quite awhile.

Insert Clever Title Here

Postby TheArchfiend » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:15 am

^^
I dont think a core for the company can be determined just by which are the original parks. Some or many would argue your core assets of any company are those that draw the most money. Thus parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure could be considered the frachise core.

Also, Six Flags is a franchise known for good to great coasters. I think Magic Mountain more than symbolizes that more than whats wrong with the franchise.
Jersey Girls rule!!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby speedracer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:25 am

TheArchfiend wrote:Who and what is Parc 7F? I searched online to see if I could find out if these guys own and opperate any other theme parks but found nothing. Anyone know or heard of this group?

I take back everything previously said, here's their website, does sound legit:

http://www.parcmanagement.com/

More on their plans:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/sit ... ewsLang=en

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:32 am

A trip to Elitch Gardens suddenly rocketed to the top of my things to do list. That property has always been FAR more valuable as just about anything but an amusement park. Lakeside, once they get word of this will be awfully happy to hear about this!

How long until Elitch is the new Astroworld? Anybody want to start a pool?

Insert Clever Title Here

Postby TheArchfiend » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:34 am

speedracer wrote:
TheArchfiend wrote:Who and what is Parc 7F? I searched online to see if I could find out if these guys own and opperate any other theme parks but found nothing. Anyone know or heard of this group?

I take back everything previously said, here's their website, does sound legit:

http://www.parcmanagement.com/

More on their plans:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/sit ... ewsLang=en

I still don't see any list of parks this company owns. Do they just serve as a staffing agency for theme parks? That's what it looks like from their website... unless I'm missing something.
Jersey Girls rule!!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby speedracer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:42 am

^ They appear to be a park management company, sorta like how SF only manages SFMW and Paramount/CF only manages Bonfante Gardens, they don't own, only hired to manage. I assume once the debt is paid off to CNL they'll outright own these parks.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:45 am

Hopefully this means there will be some changes for the better!Are all the parks going to stay open,atleast for 2007?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!