Journey to Japan

Trip Follow-up is now online!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Journey to Japan

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:04 pm

This Thanksgiving, I went with my school to Japan (to stay with host families in Orlando's sister city, Urayasu [home to Tokyo Disneyland]). I was able to experience two of Japan's parks and more of the cool and wacky that is Japan. My pictures will basically explain it all, considering that there are over 100 to load-so this might take a while! I'll have any left over reports added after all of the photos are uploaded.

(Edit: I forgot to add a thank you to Robb and Elissa for doing a segment on La Qua. I wouldn't have known about it without you guys!)
IMGP7406.JPG
My first day to explore Japan, my host family was willing to take suggestions, so I asked about La Qua and they worked to get me there.
IMGP7408.JPG
Unfortunately, due to rain, all of the outdoor rides including Thunder Dolphin (but excluding Big O) were closed.
IMGP7409.JPG
Walking through the parking garage, I found my first exotic soda machine. This one serves you your drink in a plastic cup with ice. I was really amazed!
IMGP7410.JPG
In thanks for my families graciousness in taking me to La Qua (and in a desperate attempt to wait out the storm so I could ride the outdoor rides), I decided to take my host family to Bubba Gump's. This was my sixth location around the world that I had be
IMGP7411.JPG
Needless to say, they like it...alot!
IMGP7413.JPG
Next, we decided to ride Big O, the world's only hubless ferris wheel...

The car actually have mp3 players built in (along with heated seats).
IMGP7419.JPG
It was a really smooth ride. Both relaxing and time consuming...
IMGP7424.JPG
But to no avail... it rained... and rained... and rained... and then the deluge!

(Those of you that remember the original Living Seas will get my reference...)
IMGP7425.JPG
The cars were extremely comfortable.
IMGP7429.JPG
La Qua...In the rain!
IMGP7430.JPG
No Thunder Dolphin'y goodness!
IMGP7436.JPG
Here is an exclusive "in-the-rain mechanics" shot of Big O...
IMGP7442.JPG
Still lamenting the fact that I can't ride Thunder Dolphin...
IMGP7446.JPG
Here are all of the attractions at La Qua.
IMGP7441.JPG
So, my first credit of the day was the Spinning Coaster. It was actually pretty fun!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:14 pm

Wow! What a cool experience!

I'm looking forward to more of this--thanks for posting it!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:17 pm

^Thanks! I have plenty more to share, it is just going to take a while so...

Here are the second half of my La Qua photos.

Tomorrow comes DisneySea!
IMGP7448.JPG
Next, we walked down to Geopolis to ride Geo Panic.
IMGP7452.JPG
The ride's placement is great, but with compact looks comes compact feel...
IMGP7455.JPG
It was a fun coaster with interesting light effects, creepy cage restraints and a bang-your-head-around ride that all I really remember is feeling like my ears were about to fall off.
IMGP7453.JPG
Next, we hit the fun house... Not bad for my first fun house in 10 years... So that was basically my day at La Qua.
IMGP7465.JPG
The next day, we took the bullet train to Kyoto. Here I am eating my breakfast that my host mother made me, rice balls and Mitsuya Cider!
IMGP7475.JPG
The bullet trains should be considered credits (they are powered and they reach speeds of up to 150 mph)...
IMGP7477.JPG
Here are Adam and I (I am also Adam) on the bullet train. Of course, we were watching Eurotrip on the ride-it is only the best travel movie ever!
IMGP7547.JPG
Is there something wrong with this picture?
IMGP7654.JPG
More of the soda machine goodness. Today I tried Melon Fanta!
IMGP7660.JPG
I guess the green color it has means that it is really good, because I went back for four more cups over the rest of the trip!
IMGP7726.JPG
Pocari Sweat anyone?
IMGP7727.JPG
What!?!
IMGP7728.JPG
Again... what?!?
IMGP7782.JPG
My first sign of DisneySea that I saw at the bullet train station. Those photos are in the next update!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:28 pm

I miss Japan... :(

Can't wait to see the rest of your photos. Don't worry about missing Thunder Dolphin...it's not that great anyways!

One of the things I've noticed about Japan is that it takes several visits sometimes to get all your credits. It took us 3 visits to La Qua to get Linear Gale!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:32 pm

SharkTums wrote:I miss Japan... :(

Can't wait to see the rest of your photos. Don't worry about missing Thunder Dolphin...it's not that great anyways!

One of the things I've noticed about Japan is that it takes several visits sometimes to get all your credits. It took us 3 visits to La Qua to get Linear Gale!

Well I am set to go back in two years. And, my host family has promised to take me to Fuji-Q Highland when I come. Plus, they will be coming to Orlando in a few years so I will get to give them a tour of the city.

On this trip, I only got four credits- Raging Spirits, (The little mermaid themed roller scooter in Mermaid Lagoon-forgot its name), Geo Panic and Spinning Coaster.

Worship me or fell my

Postby zaneymon » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:36 pm

I miss fanta melon :(

Also Eurotrip is THE best movie ever.
COASTER COUNT: 23 (21 steal 2 wood) Yes i no its nerdy

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:06 pm

AWESOME report so far! Can't wait to see more! :b :br :b

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Adriel » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:15 am

AH, I miss Japan! Can't wait for my next trip net year.

Do you also go to Universal Studios Japan??? And TOKYO DISNEYSEA!!! Oh, the most-themed park in the world!!!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:27 am

^^^The Melon Fanta was amazing!

^I didn't get to go to Universal Japan because we were limited on time. Maybe next time...

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:17 am

Of course, we were watching Eurotrip on the ride-it is only the best travel movie ever!

Negative. The answer is National Lampoon's European Vacation. ;) Still, nice report.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!