TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

Since B&M, Intamin, and GCI are great coaster builders, which of their roller coasters do you think are the worst?

Think about airtime, roughness, ride time, ride ops, safety, and overall experience.

Sadly, I'm only 13 and have been on only 1 intamin, no B&M or GCI. The 1 intamin I was on was Halfpipe at SF Elitch Gardens. It was awesome!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intamin = Le Cobre at La Ronde (I actually liked Flashback). It was painful, though I still thought it was a decent ride.

B&M = Umm....Vortex at Paramount's Great America, though it was still a decent ride.

GCI = Wildcat at Hersheypark. Again I thought it was a good ride, just the most lackluster of the the ones I've been on. I don't get the hype on this coaster at all.

I have only been on 1 Intamin, Skull Mountain, and 2 GCI's, Lightning Racers and Wildcat. Worst B&M I have been on is Hydra but I like the ride a lot, it's just that every other B&M I have been on is excellent and I consider Hydra to be very good.

2012 Update

Worst Intamin: I have yet to ride a bad Intamin coaster but my least favorite is Possessed

Worst B&M: Hydra, the ride is ok but the ride rattles almost the entire time now and I can only tolerate 1 ride per trip to Dorney now because of it

Worst GCI: Gwazi, I only have ridden the Tiger side but it was horrible. The entire ride was rough and gave me a really bad headache and that was with the new trains.

Edited by YoshiFan

The worst that I have ridden are:

Intamin- Wicked Twister (What a lackluster ride it is)

GCI- N/A (Havent ridden any yet)

B&M- Mantis (It's more those [painful] trains than anything else)

GCI - Gwazi (the only saving grace was the PTCs)

B&M - Apollo's Charrit, ya I know i'll get beatten up for this, but i've just never been a fan of it, (followed by Hydra, but those are the only two of the 33 i've been on that i've disliked, I even liked Iron Wolf)

Intamin - Can't think of any, maybe the the juniors but even they weren't really bad (or really Intamin cause they were just the middle-man back then).

GCII-

Gwazi would be fantastic if both sides were retracked simultaneously, and the millennium flyer trains would be added. BGT should have bought them in the first place instead of the PTC box car trains.

Intamin-

Steel Venon (Superman) It was the first of the impulses. It was MEH at best.

B&M-

I haven't had a bad ride on a B&M yet. I know guys probably despise the stand-ups. But, I love them.

Intamin - I would have to say the impulse rides. They are just blah.....(honorable mention goes to TTD, so fast, so stooopid, so "what just happened???") BTW Storm Runner kicks A**

GCI - I have to agree about the Wildcat at HP. Very rough and no real airtime or anything.

B&M - Hydra was pretty lame, as much as it was slow, I think Hercules should've been reworked and kept there!

Intamin-

Steel Venon (Superman) It was the first of the impulses. It was MEH at best.

Yeah.. First not named Linear Gale.......

Anyways... I have only been on 5 GCIs... And none were "bad" but I guess I liked Roar at SFA the least of them (Wildcat ,Roar ,LR(2), Ozark Wildcat)

B&M - HYDRA AND BDK! Both are just such bad rides... The 3 SUFs would come in second for just being lame.

Intamin - Cant really think of any I hate... Maybe Shockwave? But thats more because of the park it was at an its nazi rules...(only 3 people on a ride and zero in the station. but you CANT wait for the next train...)