What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

Which of their roller coasters is the worst?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

Postby dippindotsguy8 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 pm

I'll start with what I've been on:

GCI- Gwazi, Renegade, Prowler
B&M- Montu, Kumba, Raptor (CP), Mantis, Patriot, Silver Bullet, Batman the Ride (SFOT)
Intamin-TTD, Millenium Force, Steel Venom, Xcelerator, Disaster Transport

For GCI, it's easily Gwazi. Though I did enjoy that ride with the PTC's, it's still the least impressive one I can think of

For B&M, it's a tie between Mantis and Silver Bullet. Mantis for the pain, Silver Bullet for how boring/underwhelming it is. I did like the overbank though...

For Intamin, I'd have to say disaster transport. I don't hate that ride, like some do. I actually find it really enjoyable. However, it's easily at the bottom of my list as far as intamin is concerned.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Note: As with most, this is just out of what I've been on.

Intamin: Half Pipe (Elitch)-This thing is an evil little machine. I had such an unpleasant experience on it that it put out of commission the day I rode it for longer than the Volare, the SLC, TwisterII, and the Boomerang *combined*.

GCI: Of the three I've been on, Apocalypse is probably my least favorite. Not because it's a bad ride or anything, but it simply doesn't measure up to the savageness of SFDK's Roar or (my #1) Thunderhead.

B&M: Now, I really should be putting CGA's Vortex here, but I feel that this dubious honor really deserves to go to SFMM's Scream. Whereas Vortex is rather old, a standup, and...at CGA, Scream has absolutely no reason to have deteriorated as much as it has, especially considering how the other B&M's in the park and even the three-year-older floorless in the same state are so much...better. And its a pity too, as it started out as a really good ride, but has progressively become so unbearable that I've avoided it for several consecutive visits.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 24, 2012 7:59 am

Intamin: Either the Impulse coasters or Fahrenheit at Hershey Park. I find both to be incredibly boring (I'm not counting Jr. Gemini or Skull Mountain because they're designed to be family rides so it wouldn't be fair). Impulse coasters look impressive but do nothing for me, and Farenheit falls into the same category. That's one of the most disappointing coasters I've ever ridden.

B&M: Vortex at Carowinds. Not a bad ride, but not on the same level as most of their other coasters.

GCI: Wildcat at Hershey. It's a beautiful coaster but it's pretty rough.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coasterbear30 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 am

Out of the one's I have ridden:
Intamin: It would probably be La Vibora, but for a real Intamin I would say Fahrenheit (it just has a boring layout)
B&M: I would say maybe Vortex at CGA/Carowinds (they are both bad)
GCI: Gwazi for roughness and Lightning Racers for boring

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rai Fox » Thu May 24, 2012 10:29 am

Anyone else notice the SIX YEAR GAP between posts on page six? I think this is the worst thread necro I've ever seen..

but since it's already been re-animated...

Intamin: Skull Mountain. There's just nothing to it at all...
B&M: It hurts me to put down any B&M ride, I love all of them I've ridden, but out of all of 'em, I think Batman: The Ride just doesn't hold up as well as its newer family.
GCI: Gwazi. Great layout, so much potential, but like everyone else has said, it's just -so- rough, and I have a pretty good tolerance for rough rides.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu May 24, 2012 10:59 am

coasterbear30 wrote:Out of the one's I have ridden:
Intamin: It would probably be La Vibora, but for a real Intamin I would say Fahrenheit (it just has a boring layout)

How could I have forgetten about Fahrenheit? I guess that speaks volumes about how memorable the ride is. I'll add it to my earlier selection of Cheetah Hunt. They both suck equally- impossible to pick a winner here.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 24, 2012 11:12 am

Here's my two cents.

Intamin: Shockwave (stand-up coaster at Drayton Manor, UK). Jupiter, an Intamin woodie in Japan, is quite bad, as well.
GCI: Gwazi (BGT--I actually liked it a bit better with the old PTC trains)
B&M: Iron Wolf (now relocated to SFA and renamed Apocalypse)

Two stand-ups--yeah, I'm not a big fan of that type of coaster.
Last edited by cfc on Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 am.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Thu May 24, 2012 11:21 am

Intamin: Volcano: The Blast Coaster. Yes, I know it's loved around here, but I find it to be uninspired, slow after the first inversion, and just a few heartline rolls. Nothing to it, and short as hell.

B&M: Tie between Hydra and Carowinds' Vortex. Hydra was kinda dull and Vortex was really rough and rattly.

GCI: Only been on SFA's Roar, Wildcat, and Lightning Racer. Out of those, I'd go with Roar, though I still liked it.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu May 24, 2012 11:26 am

Least Favorite Intamin - Mick Doohan's Moto Coaster at Dreamworld, AU. It was just boring and uncomfortable. I highly doubt I'd wait more than 5 minutes for any moto-coaster.

GCI - Thunderhead? It was rough later in the day when I rode it. I liked Rumbler better.

B&M - I've had some TERRIBLE Mantis rides. I still liked Iron Wolf over Mantis.
Cincy -> Chicago

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Werner » Thu May 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Like others i will first make a list of the ones i did ride.

Intamin: Alpine Bobsled, Balder, Bizarro, Bobbaan, Cobra, Colossos, Colossus, Cop Car Chase, Desert Race, Disaster Transport, Dragon, El Toro!, Expedition Geforce, Fahrenheit, Furius Baco, Goliath, Indiana Jones, Intimidator 305, Jr. Gemini, Kanonen, Kingda Ka, Maverick, Millennium Force, Mine Train Ulven, Pegasus, Possessed, RC Racer, Rita, Rolling Thunder, Skull Mountain, Storm Runner, Top Thrill Dragster, Tornado(Madrid), Vulcano, Wicked Twister.

Intamin's worst by me: Pegasus(Efteling) - Always felt like a slow and painfull ride for me, even as a kid. RC Racer(WDS) - Just not for me...

B&M: Air, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Batman La Fuga/the ride, Batman: the dark knight, Bizarro, Black Mamba, Daemonen, Dominator, Duelling Dragons :angel: , Dragon Khan, Goliath(La Ronde), Great Bear, Green Lantern, Griffon, Hydra, HULK, Kraken, Kumba, Manta, Mantis, Monster, Montu, Nemesis, Nitro, Oblivion, Raptor(CP), Sheikra, Silver Star, Superman ADA, Superman UF, Talon, Vampire,

Worst B&M's by me: Goliath(La Ronde) - Hill after hill is just boring!

GCI: Gwazi, George and rhe Dragon, Lightning Racer, Troy, Wildcat.

Worst GCI for me: Gwazi(BGT) - Need to?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!