TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

Does anybody here know my chances with this ride? I'm planning to vist Movie park soon to ride Star Trek but I fear that with the Soft opening I might end up wasting time and money to get over there. So how big are the chances on a let down so to speak.

Does anybody here know my chances with this ride? I'm planning to vist Movie park soon to ride Star Trek but I fear that with the Soft opening I might end up wasting time and money to get over there. So how big are the chances on a let down so to speak.

I still think they will officially open the ride this upcoming weekend. I'd just wait a week or two to be sure.

I still think they will officially open the ride this upcoming weekend. I'd just wait a week or two to be sure.

Yes, that's what I am going to do. I am just going to wait a couple more weeks. If I visit the park, I want to be sure that the ride is open. So I am not going to take the risk of driving 2+ hours, and ST:OE being closed all day. Because you know, the other coasters aren't that great to be honest

Okay so this is strange. I was just going by all my usual forums when this came by in a ST:OE threat was posted:

18813365_1512833205428595_1301207499668273320_n.jpg?oh=b22a5f46f63bd6b11d74b4800c84050b&oe=59E6D1C9

Source Facebook Movie park Germany.

AB Jetzt Geöffnet means Open now. So either they are really confident or this is media suicide. I know you're thinking this might be a mix up on Facebook. So I went digging and here's a link to the official site http://www.operation-enterprise.de/en/ . Again open now.

So the park has not confirmed the test phase is over, so what do you guys think? Official opening on the horizon or just confident?

Also thanks for the tips I will take it into consideration.

Edit 5/30/2017: So the park has confirmed it's open. http://movieparkgermany.de/movie-park-backstage/star-trektm-operation-enterprise-ist-ab-jetzt-geoeffnet This might be the weirdest opening I ever witnessed as an enthusiast. But at least I can plan a visit now maybe even this weekend and focus on the next thing.

So rode Star Trek today. A fun ride, really the best in the park. It's nothing too special keep that in mind, but if you're already planning to go it's defiantly worth a ride.

Theming is great for Movie park Standards, it's not top notch but it's detailed enough. I have nothing with Star Trek and most coaster has a story, so I was fearful I wouldn't get the story but even with my 0.00% knowledge I understood it. Sure fans might get a reference or two in names or numbers but I think they kept the story simple enough for everybody.

Last tip: Ride it as late as possible, in the morning it crawls through the track at the end of the day it really has some speed to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Movie Park Germany renews Mystery River

250118runde5.jpg.da80f2e53ff34f99926b004302eb7806.jpg

Movie Park Germany will give their rapid river Mystery River a new theme. Next season, the 1996 attraction will be dominated by King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Wizard Merlin sends visitors on a quest for the legendary sword Excalibur.

"This is one of the oldest and most popular attractions in our park", says director Thorsten Backhaus. "We want to give this veteran the pride it deserves and therefore give it a fresh upgrade, including a new name." Mystery River is now called Excalibur - Secrets of the Dark Forest.

The ride consists of "dangerous maneuvers through enchanted forests and dark caves". Backhaus: "Every part of the attraction will get new decorations, but the layout remains the same."

The renovation has been planned for more than six years. Until now, however, there was no budget for it. For the metamorphosis, Movie Park works together with a number of well-known names in the theme park industry: the Dutch Leisure Expert Group, the German media companies IMAscore and IMAmedia and the Danish company Tema Design, part of MK Illumination.

Mystery River opened in 1996 as "Die Unendliche Geschichte", based on the movie The NeverEnding Story. When Warner Bros. Movie World was renamed Movie Park in 2005, the movie license disappeared and the attraction had to be adapted. As a cheap and quick solution they chose for cheap dolls of dwarfs, trolls and witches.

250118runde1.jpg.734c53f70b68d7fd2e0ea084db6fbf43.jpg

250118runde3.jpg.69e80b727c06797bc9b1d3c9213881b5.jpg

250118runde4.jpg.4002d11c6230cf61ac251092e7dcab0c.jpg

250118runde2.jpg.8b0e1af1298f5533a8700fc9f8ff9105.jpg

Source