Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby BitterOldHag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:17 am

Actually, Mine Ride is open again this year. Last year they added a Mystic Timbers-like theme of #WhatsInTheShed (and what an incredible surprise that was :lmao: ). It's listed on the Friday Night Rides page, but the Mystic theme is not mentioned. The Blue Streak apparently has a Halloween theme this year according to the website, as does the Sky Ride... hmmm..... ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:34 am

Oh, I totally missed Mine Ride but you're right.

And yeah, Sky Ride was supposed to have a theme last year too but it basically just stayed closed for staffing for the majority of the event. Personally I think riding with a scare actor would be super awkward after the first few seconds where I guess it would initially be sort of cool. You won't stay scared for the whole ride, so what do you do... sit there and talk about the weather? Do they break character and talk about their insane hours and the rampant under-staffing? :lol:

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby BitterOldHag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:41 am

coasterbill wrote:so what do you do... sit there and talk about the weather? :lol:

Perhaps discuss the brilliant genius of Von Roll Conveyances across the globe? Or share a laugh about how incredibly awful the Darien Lake thread is on TPR? :b

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Airboss » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:54 am

Accidental post

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:25 am

coasterbill wrote:You won't stay scared for the whole ride, so what do you do... sit there and talk about the weather? Do they break character and talk about their insane hours and the rampant under-staffing? :lol:

"Yo...uhhh...you want to do something later? Like as long as you're old enough to drink, I have to have some limits."

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:34 am

HavenHamilton wrote:Very excited to be headed to CP tonight for my first ever Halloweekends (but third trip overall). I'll be there Friday night and Sunday, with early entry on both days.

What's the best way to balance coasters, scare zones, and mazes? Are there better times to focus on each of them? Thanks for any pointers...

Interested to hear how the crowds are this weekend, I'm going next Saturday (might add Friday not sure yet) with early entry. Still planning on getting FastLane for rides but if the houses have reasonable waits I wouldn't mind checking some of them out.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby bluestreak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:35 pm

So, I've done every haunt tonight and it's really been disappointing. I get that they're short staffed but the actors they have just don't care. A lot were just sitting/standing around waiting for their shift to end. Hopefully it's just an opening weekend thing and they'll get it up to par soon.

Otherwise though it's been a great night here. Only ride with any line to speak of was SV which was about an hour. Everything else a walk on.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby coasterbill » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:12 am

From the webcam... I’d kill to ride Dragster or Millennium in this.

PS: Power Tower is actually casting a shadow on clouds
8F961AD8-DB87-42A4-9DE6-9E1F23A5CB73.png
CDE5D451-5492-4368-9069-24619FD92EB1.png

Postby bert425 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:25 am

^ that's similar to how I got to ride Gatekeeper in 2017. it was awesome zooming thru the clouds!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby bluestreak » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 am

I have some cool foggy pictures from the park last night that I'll share when I get home from work!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

PreviousNext