Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Texascoaster89 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Raptor is good, but I really enjoy Montu down at Busch Gardens in Florida. That was one great invert! Toss in Kumba in the same park...man...they don't build them like that anymore.

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Steel Vengeance won Best New Ride at the GTA tonight. Also worth mentioning is that it took the #3 spot for best steel coaster. That’s pretty high up for its first year. Do you think it will move up next year or the year after, like fury325 did?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CoasterInk » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:08 am

smartestcoasterkidever! wrote:Steel Vengeance won Best New Ride at the GTA tonight. Also worth mentioning is that it took the #3 spot for best steel coaster. That’s pretty high up for its first year. Do you think it will move up next year or the year after, like fury325 did?

Woah woah woah... lets not forget about Millennium Force which took #2!! :lmao: I'd say that's more impressive than Steel Vengeance's #3 because it's been around for almost 2 decades. It's like the "Old Ironsides" of the Coaster World.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:18 am

The only notable gta to me, is that Phoenix at knobles won "best wooden coaster". And it's been around since 1985. :b :b

It just goes to show that a coaster does not have to be the biggest or fastest to be the best.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:13 am

thrillrider wrote:The only notable gta to me, is that Phoenix at knobles won "best wooden coaster". And it's been around since 1985. :b :b

It just goes to show that a coaster does not have to be the biggest or fastest to be the best.

It's been my #1 woodie for years now! I loved it so much I even moved to Phoenix! :lmao:
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Postby Airboss » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:34 am

A reddit user is reporting that Steel Vengeance is a walk on right now! And it's only running one train - looks like the rain really scared people away.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:16 am

I just got notice that the park has closed early due to weather.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby CoasterInk » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:46 am

thrillrider wrote:I just got notice that the park has closed early due to weather.

Yes unfotunately. However they're allowing anyone who came today to come back another day for free. Nice of them to do that!

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:01 pm

CoasterInk wrote:
thrillrider wrote:I just got notice that the park has closed early due to weather.

Yes unfotunately. However they're allowing anyone who came today to come back another day for free. Nice of them to do that!

I wish parks got more credit for this kind of stuff. They don't have to do it and it's enormously generous.

thrillrider wrote:The only notable gta to me, is that Phoenix at knobles won "best wooden coaster". And it's been around since 1985. :b :b

Did Ghostrider at Knott's make the list? I'm not a fan of award for coasters, but come on, that's gotta be up there, right? Or The Voyage @ Holiday?
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Texascoaster89 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:05 pm

It's too bad it couldn't have stayed open a little longer. Myself and the 500 or so people in the park were having a blast! But I understand why they did. It was awesome though to only have 1 train wait for SV! Even if it was only for a few hours! :b

PreviousNext