Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: aboo2oo, LiftThrill, Zand and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm

bobbie68 wrote:Hi I just want to thank everyone who gave me information on the bug situation. It helped me a lot with some decisions. We will be there Wednesday thru Saturday with two new friends, so I am hoping everything will be running okay.

have fun!

coasterbill wrote:Lightning Rod’s trains never make it to the brake run. They just push them back from the lift slowly and put up the “Closed for the Day” sign. :lol:

:lol:

Lightning Rod has one thing on SV, at least it didn't crash on opening day (but only because its opening day still hasn't happened yet).
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:22 pm

boldikus wrote:
grsupercity wrote:Hopefully everyone's wet dream of a coaster SV doesn't start becoming a problem child for Cedar Point

Start becoming? :lol: It literally crashed on opening day. :lol:

:lmao: :lmao:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Doppel Looping » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 pm

I ran into a friend the other day on SV!

hah!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:20 pm

My goodness, all of this talk of bugs, major rides with significant downtime, staffing issues, huge crowds all the sudden late in the season, ridiculous waits for food and beverage, and absurd loose article policies is kinda making me not look as forward to my trip.

(just kidding, I'm totally excited to get back up there.)

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Most of it is exaggerated. You'll have a good time.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 pm

coasterbill wrote:It’s great to hear about those huge crowds after their rough Q2 and slow start to July. In the long run this is a good thing for us and for the park since the park had mentioned potential ride removals for cost cutting on their Q2 calls AND if they built two giant RMCs in the chain and they don’t draw any gate the chances of the chain adding more is essentially zero. People should be hoping for crowds at Cedar Fair parks.

I don’t get people.

I certainly hope this isn't said in regard to me! :|

I am glad CP is drawing crowds, as I don't ever visit during the Summer (due to crowds and the heat), and obviously, I like my favorite park making capital improvements. That being said, I will NEVER hope for a crowd on a day I visit a Cedar Fair park (or any other park), and that's why I only go to amusement parks prior to mid June, and after late August, usually.

Another important thing to know about me: Just because I love Cedar Point, and many Cedar Fair parks, doesn't mean I'll EVER be a blind CP or CF fanboy, or shill. I call them on it when they blow it, and just because they overall run their company better than SF, doesn't mean they're perfect. Far from it!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Yep. According to Sandusky Register and a contributor to the paper that I'm friends with and I know is speaking the truth, a drive tire decided to literally just fall off. Tony Clark said it should be open soon though.

This is literally such a Steel Vengeance thing to happen that I'm not even surprised. And, knowing CP, it'll probably open by tomorrow night.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dragsterguy21 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 pm

The ride is already open. These maintenance guys don’t get paid enough.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:49 pm

... God I love Cedar Point.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby thrillrider » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:39 pm

prozach626 wrote:Most of it is exaggerated. You'll have a good time.

Some....not most.

You will have a great time as long as you go in not expecting Disney type service for everything.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext