Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: operative_me, Prof Kaos, scooterdoug, smartestcoasterkidever! and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby AndrewA86 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:01 am

^ yeah this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:17 am

coasterbill wrote:I don’t get people.

That is because you are not a moron. Drop 30 IQ points and understanding may come your way. :lol:

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Airboss » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

Wanted to give an update on SV operation. As I stated before, prior to opening they were testing with all three trains. Before Early Entry they took one off. They were consistently dispatching when the other train hit the third inversion. This seemed to be the dispatch interval, as even if the train was secure and checked, they would wait for the train to hit the third inversion to dispatch. The lift hill would start slow and speed up when the other train cleared the FBR, which confirms that the Mid Course is not a block. The Mid Course trim hit at different levels all day.

I don't see why the coaster can't run three trains right now. They could run it like Magnum, consistently dispatching at the dispatch interval, stacking 1 train for a short period of time. There was so much downtime between dispatches, which would be solved with the third train. The crew is quick, but not quick enough to require the Mid Course to be a block, from what I observed. My guess for why they aren't running three trains currently is that they haven't gotten certification to run all three trains yet, since it's been open daily for the last 2-3 months. The regular line moves quick as it is, the third train will be a game changer. Once there's no downtime between dispatches, the grouper will be constantly assigning rows, and fhe line will fly. Can't wait for that :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:21 am

I feel like it's not too far away. It's never going to be a super high capacity ride but it would be perfectly respectable with that third train. It would be great if they could break out that third train by Halloweekends.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:40 am

Three trains will come. Just be patient. As in any situation, we're on the outside looking in.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:42 am

coasterbill wrote:It’s great to hear about those huge crowds after their rough Q2 and slow start to July. In the long run this is a good thing for us and for the park since the park had mentioned potential ride removals for cost cutting on their Q2 calls AND if they built two giant RMCs in the chain and they don’t draw any gate the chances of the chain adding more is essentially zero. People should be hoping for crowds at Cedar Fair parks.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Yep, all of this. Crowds after investing a lot of money is a good thing for everybody. I know it sucks to have to deal with large crowds but there are ways to avoid a lot it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Phant0mF1re » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Anyone at CP today see anything happen with Steel Vengeance? Rumor floating around the internet is that a "wheel" came off a train and it came to an abrupt stop?? I have zero evidence on the validity of this, just curious if anyone saw / heard anything who is there today!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:14 pm

b.JPG
The bugs definitely heard us talking.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:22 pm

I can't confirm it but there are a ton of sources. I don't know... it sounds like something Steel Vengeance would do. It'll probably be open in like 2 hours. :lol:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Hopefully everyone's wet dream of a coaster SV doesn't start becoming a problem child for Cedar Point
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

PreviousNext