Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: DavidB, JeromyL, Sawyernlsn44 and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 pm

^ Budget for Fastlane lol!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Chasehat » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:22 am

So I’m planning on going tomorrow but looks like there’s going to on and off storms during the day. So I was wondering should I chance it and go tomorow and hope for light crowds or go Tuesday where it’ll be very nice but maybe more crowded?
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance
3. Superman the Ride 4. Maverick
5. Millennium Force 6. Storm Chaser
7. Boulder Dash 8. Wicked Cyclone
9. Fury 325 10. Diamondback

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:26 am

Chasehat wrote:So I’m planning on going tomorrow but looks like there’s going to on and off storms during the day. So I was wondering should I chance it and go tomorow and hope for light crowds or go Tuesday where it’ll be very nice but maybe more crowded?
replyhazy.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:14 am

Chasehat wrote:So I’m planning on going tomorrow but looks like there’s going to on and off storms during the day. So I was wondering should I chance it and go tomorow and hope for light crowds or go Tuesday where it’ll be very nice but maybe more crowded?

Honestly, I'm not sure if Cedar Point changed their policy about the rain, but enthusiasts used to joke that they'd close any and all rides pretty much IMMEDIATELY once a rain cloud even appeared. I don't think that's the case any more, or if it was a one off but:

I'd go on the on and off storms day with lighter crowds.

When I was there at the end of May, I don't think anything but TTD closed because of the rain. They kept dispatching trains on I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool, none of the B&M's went down, and we got an end of the day double ride on Millenium Force when it was raining. It kinda hurt going 90+ MPH sitting in the front seat, but there didn't even seem to be a mention of the ride being closed by the OPS. I think we even got a double ride on Valravn without even getting out of our seats, and it was definitely raining.

Get a poncho if you need to!
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:08 am

The Lake Erie area forecast is gonna change every three seconds anyway, go ahead and go tomorrow. The crowds will be lighter and you'll get the true Cedar Point Rain Roulette experience.
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby trainplane3 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Vonni wrote:^ Budget for Fastlane lol!

I doubt I'll need it. The only truly "bad' Halloweekend is Columbus day weekend. Friday will get us on a bunch of rides, we'll have an hour before it opens on Saturday, and then once the haunts start that'll bring some of the wait down for the rest of the night.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:08 pm

trainplane3 wrote:
The only truly "bad' Halloweekend is Columbus day weekend.... once the haunts start that'll bring some of the wait down for the rest of the night.

Good luck with that. Columbus Saturday typically hits the record, but Saturdays in October are not a fun time. FP+ is needed if you want to ride any big rides and have any sanity left.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby john10693 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:12 pm

I take it that you have never been to a Halloweekend Saturday before. I have not seen any thinning crowds after the haunt starts. Even early September. Fast lane it Saturday or do as the wife and I do and see how many bars you can find on Saturday. Sunday September Halloweekends die around 3 P.M. and most rides are walk ons until 8 P.M.
Last edited by john10693 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:19 pm.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby trainplane3 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:16 pm

john10693 wrote:I take it that you have never been to a Halloweekend Saturday before. I have not seen any thinning crowds after the haunt starts. Even early September. Fast lane it Saturday or do as the wife and I do and see how many bars you can find on Saturday. Sunday September Hallowekends die around 3 P.M. and most rides are walk ons until 8 P.M.
anonymouscactus wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:
The only truly "bad' Halloweekend is Columbus day weekend.... once the haunts start that'll bring some of the wait down for the rest of the night.

Good luck with that. Columbus Saturday typically hits the record, but Saturdays in October are not a fun time. FP+ is needed if you want to ride any big rides and have any sanity left.

I've actually been going to Halloweekends the weekend after Columbus day weekend for the past 5 years and this is my first September trip. Saturdays do suck but the way I've done it is to take advantage of the early entry on Saturday and ride until noon since the waits start to get high around then, head back to the concierge room and snack out for a while. Then we'd just walk around to see what (if anything) was less then an hour till 4/5ish then get dinner. And finally head back out around 7/8ish, hit the "spooky" trails/walk around, then the crowds thinned out (hour or less waits) around 10pm and hit anything that would be worth it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby gratteciel » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:13 pm

I have a bizarre question! With Cedar Fair platinum passes, can you visit two different parks in one day? We’re in Mason right now visiting KI, and we were thinking of going tomorrow for a couple hours tomorrow before driving up to Sandusky for the second leg of our trip. Does anyone know if our platinum passes would work at CP if they’ve been scanned at KI earlier that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PreviousNext