Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: SLCHeadache and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby PVA62 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:58 am

I am here now. Steel Vengeance is only running 2 trains.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:20 am

PVA62 wrote:I am here now. Steel Vengeance is only running 2 trains.

Well yeah... because it's open now. Getting it to the point where it can open with 3 trains is probably going to take more than one day of morning testing.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby PVA62 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:49 pm

coasterbill wrote:

Well yeah... because it's open now. Getting it to the point where it can open with 3 trains is probably going to take more than one day of morning testing.

Yes, but everytime I went by, it was only 2 train testing. There was a train on the transfer track.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:01 am

CedarFlags wrote:
4. The Country Rocks show was fabulous. The new Lusty Lil show was a very weird hodgepodge, but the cast did a great job. It boggles my mind that their live shows have one cast and one tech, and everyone just works 6 days per week for months on end.

Yes. I played piano at Cedar Point from 1986-1990. We did 6 25 minute shows a day, 6 days a week. Once you get into the groove of doing it, it's not that bad.

I still play piano professionally (Walt Disney World for 19 years) and when the kids I am working with complain about having to do 5 20 minute shows a day, I just laugh.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:18 am

PVA62 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:

Yes, but everytime I went by, it was only 2 train testing. There was a train on the transfer track.

They need to get the 3rd train certified.
Original Maverick '99

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Just got off Digger. Chess is still running and Blackjack parked. Had an issue yesterday around noon riding 2nd row right side on Chess, my nephews restraint released just before launch after being secured and cheched. They reset and re-locked with no issues, but had that row closed the rest of the day.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby appel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:23 pm

pfalcioni wrote:Just got off Digger. Chess is still running and Blackjack parked. Had an issue yesterday around noon riding 2nd row right side on Chess, my nephews restraint released just before launch after being secured and cheched. They reset and re-locked with no issues, but had that row closed the rest of the day.

I cannot believe that the restraint came loose after they checked it, what would have happened if they had not noticed that and sent the train off? Sounds like a serious issue.....I hope we will never experience such a thing during our visit this coming August. I remember hearing a report earlier this season when the restraint came loose after they launched the train and the guy screaming and shouting to stop the train......I am not sure how accurate these reports are or if there is a real safety concern...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 pm

I didn’t believe these reports the first 5 or 10 times I heard them this season but after awhile it’s hard not to believe that this is an issue.

Still, it’s highly likely that the computer wouldn’t have allowed them to dispatch the train.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:04 pm

I never believe stories like that about restraints coming open, so it was a little surreal when it actually happened. Even stranger was that his seat stayed green on the board until they lifted the restraint completely back up.

Needless to say, the nephew didn't do that run with his hands up!

Another weird thing happened when we got out of the train, the restraints refused to stay up once we pushed them up, the left restraint (the one that wouldn't lock) came back down as I was stepping out and trapped my foot. Darn Chess was getting in one last shot.

Our second ride today was back on Chess and those 2 seats were still not in use and showed grey in the board.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Probably good lesson that even after a ride op checks your seat, it's not a bad idea to check it yourself while you're still in the station, and again while the train is pulling out just in case. Can never be too safe.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

PreviousNext