Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4113 - Updates to Cedar Point Boardwalk
Users viewing this topic: prozach626, ShaneH and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:34 pm

If you're going for 4 days it may be worth it to get everyone a Platinum Pass anyway. You should definitely price it out. Since you live in Jersey you can also use it at Dorney or Kings Dominion so that might be a fun day / weekend trip at some point next year too.

If it makes sense to get the passes then the only benefit to staying at a Cedar Point hotel is the location. That may be all you need, but it makes exploring the VRBO options a little more tempting.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:01 pm

gearbm95 wrote:
CP Maverick wrote:This weekend is PointFest, so there will be extra business Saturday for the concert.

Ugh...

This looks to be a Christian rock concert. When I used to work at Darien Lake we had Kingdom Bound (3 day Christian concert) and it was the worst week of the year. We actually got called in early (lifeguards) to stand guard over the wave pool at 9am while they did baptisms. That water was so vile without the waves on to break up the clouds of hair/weaves/band-aids/hair gel...I felt disgusted watching them dip their heads in. The amount of teens busted for shoplifting and trying to hook up was crazy, security always dreaded that week.

The best part was the park had to cover all the signage for Viper due to complaints from the event organizers about "serpents" in the park. They put a temporary sign out front and changed the name of the ride, it was ridiculous.

Guess I'd rather just deal with the crowds on a busier Halloweekends night than deal with the Christian rock crowd.

Must be a weird kind of Christian that has a problem with snakes. I'm a Christian and have no problems at all with snakes.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby mark549 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm

gearbm95 wrote:
CP Maverick wrote:This weekend is PointFest, so there will be extra business Saturday for the concert.

Ugh...

This looks to be a Christian rock concert. When I used to work at Darien Lake we had Kingdom Bound (3 day Christian concert) and it was the worst week of the year. We actually got called in early (lifeguards) to stand guard over the wave pool at 9am while they did baptisms. That water was so vile without the waves on to break up the clouds of hair/weaves/band-aids/hair gel...I felt disgusted watching them dip their heads in. The amount of teens busted for shoplifting and trying to hook up was crazy, security always dreaded that week.

The best part was the park had to cover all the signage for Viper due to complaints from the event organizers about "serpents" in the park. They put a temporary sign out front and changed the name of the ride, it was ridiculous.

Guess I'd rather just deal with the crowds on a busier Halloweekends night than deal with the Christian rock crowd.

HE made a mistake when he created snakes, apparently.

I've never seen a theme park that served seitan (wheat meat) but if they did, those event organizers might be upset.

Not surprised that repressed teens let loose when unsupervised at a park, sometimes in unhealthy ways, sometimes in ways that their chaperones don't approve of (how many parks still have a Tunnel of Love ride?).

Looking forward to a return trip to CP next year for Sven/Steven/MS 2.0

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Mr.Peabody wrote: Can anyone advise on what the crowds will be like this Sunday?

My favorite day of the year!

This will be the third (fourth?) year in a row we are going to the first weekend of halloweekends on a Sunday. In the past the lines for the rides were minimal all morning and we never waited more than 10 minutes for any of the mazes. Great time to go, for sure. Of course, your milage may vary.

We always hit Maverick/Millennium Force for early entry, and then TTD at opening (front row only!) and we never experience any lines in the park longer than 15 minutes, with most coasters being a walk-on. Let's hope the same remains true this year!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ed Farmer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:20 pm

gearbm95 wrote:We actually got called in early (lifeguards) to stand guard over the wave pool at 9am while they did baptisms.

This is outstanding. Definitely never thought I'd hear about baptisms in a dirty A$$ theme park wave pool. Thank you for the post.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:05 pm

I thought the true way to be baptized at Cedar Point was to wait at least an hour in line for Top Thrill Dragster . . . . only to find out it done broke down, but gamely come back later in the day to wait another hour in line :D

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:36 pm

njcoasterguy34 wrote:
gearbm95 wrote:

Ugh...

Must be a weird kind of Christian that has a problem with snakes. I'm a Christian and have no problems at all with snakes.

Me too. It's a bummer about the festival at Darien Lake, I've been to some really great Christian rock concerts at theme parks.

I'd love to see Skillet at Cedar Point. Does anyone know where the concert takes place? And it appeared that it's an upcharge even for passholders, can someone confirm this?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:06 pm

njcoasterguy34 wrote:
gearbm95 wrote:

Ugh...

Dude, we're apes. Apes hate snakes. That's really all there is to it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:03 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I'd love to see Skillet at Cedar Point. Does anyone know where the concert takes place? And it appeared that it's an upcharge even for passholders, can someone confirm this?

It's usually held in the water park parking lot. Not a great location IMO. Skillet is supposed to be great - report back if you go!

Regarding pricing: You are correct that it's an upcharge. Platinum pass holders, at least at KD, get a significantly discounted rate but I believe you have to call them to get it. They're easy to deal with. Otherwise the price of park admission is included in your regular non-passholder concert ticket. HTH!

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:34 am

I find it hilarious that the park holds their Jesus event on opening weekend of Halloweekends which is nothing but haunted houses full of cannibalistic zombies but people at Darien Lake got upset because a roller coaster was named after a snake.

PreviousNext