Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 3709: 2017 Season details announced!
Users viewing this topic: Cj1990, WayCool64 and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby JJLehto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 am

Anywho, assuming you're at the park at opening, will this really be that much of a hold up? I assume for ERT it'd be largely a non issue. Is it just walking through after you've already presented your ticket? I just don't see this being a big deal at all, and if you beat the crowd I never had a problem at Great Adventure, and cmon at CP or any major park you wanna beat the crowd regardless
Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Skyrush, I305, El Toro, Bizarro (SF:NE), Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Maverick, Storm Runner
2017 trip plans: BGT. (Cedar Point, Kennywood, Waldameer). (SF:MM,SF:DK, Knotts) OR (SF:GA, Dollywood, Carowinds)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:30 am

JJLehto wrote:Imagine the backlash if something tragic was to happen and "they didnt even bother to try and keep the patrons safe".

CP is already trying to keep their guests safe. They have security. Metal detectors don't increase security; they just increase its visibility. This is a CYA move, plain and simple. They're avoiding lawsuits, not incidents.

bgtlover wrote:They basically give an overwhelming sense of security to those who are worriers. If someone wants to get in and so something, they will. At least the parks are covering themselves should something happen...while making us all wait more and more...

Bingo.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Wildfire
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Silver Dollar City 3. Holiday World 4. Knott's Berry Farm 5. Cedar Point

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:39 am

JJLehto wrote:Anywho, assuming you're at the park at opening, will this really be that much of a hold up? I assume for ERT it'd be largely a non issue. Is it just walking through after you've already presented your ticket? I just don't see this being a big deal at all, and if you beat the crowd I never had a problem at Great Adventure, and cmon at CP or any major park you wanna beat the crowd regardless

Depends entirely on how many people are there and how many security guards they have working. If you arrive 20 minutes before opening but the "secured zone" is already full, you'll have to wait for the park to open before you can go through metal detectors, possibly still in a line of other people, and then you can move to the line to get in.

To put this another way: Does anyone here want Knoebels to move to a single gate w/metal detectors to make themselves feel safer? Meth is the drug of choice in those parts and there's a whole lot of guns around. If you do want that from Knoebels, I kinda want you out of my hobby forever.

Postby JJLehto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:26 am

And of course no one wants that or any of this, it was more a purely "we get why they feel they need to do this" and it's sad that's the case, but as it was said that's the world we live in today. Just figured all we can do is plan best we can accordingly and hope CP gets a handle on it so it moves smoothly as possible
Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Skyrush, I305, El Toro, Bizarro (SF:NE), Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Maverick, Storm Runner
2017 trip plans: BGT. (Cedar Point, Kennywood, Waldameer). (SF:MM,SF:DK, Knotts) OR (SF:GA, Dollywood, Carowinds)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:30 am

DirkFunk wrote: Does anyone here want Knoebels to move to a single gate w/metal detectors to make themselves feel safer? Meth is the drug of choice in those parts

So that's why the pierogis are so good...
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick / El Toro / Skyrush / I305 / Phantoms Revenge /
Millennium Force / Storm Runner / Nitro / Volcano / Griffon

TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / Hershey / SFA

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 am

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby bert425 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:03 am

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby prozach626 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:15 am

tdaun wrote:what is the best plan of attack? I plan on having fast lane plus just because of the ticket I'll be purchasing and to not leave things to chance.

You're going to get several different formulas, but my advice is to go at your own pace, have fun, take re-rides when you want as opposed to worrying about riding everything. Other than that, the food suggestions seem to be good. Stick to places like Famous Dave's, or if you're going outside of the park, I suggest Thirsty Pony. You're already getting a Fast Lane Plus, so you really can't screw it up too bad from there.

JJLehto wrote:I just dont get why there's such a backlash against this. Weren't there metal detectors at Great Adventure? Maybe it was the fact I was always there at opening but I recall just walking through, and since you were at the gate you already were at a stop?
I don't know will this really have such a negative impact on entry?

People want something to bitch about, especially when it's any kind of inconvenience. Ironically, these are also the same people who would point the finger a Cedar Fair when an incident does happen and blame them for not having metal detectors in place.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jonskinny12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 am

prozach626 wrote:
tdaun wrote:what is the best plan of attack? I plan on having fast lane plus just because of the ticket I'll be purchasing and to not leave things to chance.

You're going to get several different formulas, but my advice is to go at your own pace, have fun, take re-rides when you want as opposed to worrying about riding everything. Other than that, the food suggestions seem to be good. Stick to places like Famous Dave's, or if you're going outside of the park, I suggest Thirsty Pony. You're already getting a Fast Lane Plus, so you really can't screw it up too bad from there.

This is good advice. I have a specific way that I like to go about the park, but that's because I don't get Fast Lane Plus. Since you are, just do what you feel like doing when you feel like doing it and have fun. You'll have a great time.

Postby JJLehto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:42 am

Yeah never had fast lane, I do it over 2 days instead and with hotel early access its always been enough to be totally satisfied, go at your own pace is indeed the best advice

PreviousNext