Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 3920: Iron Dragon VR & new augmented game debut 6/9/17
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby CP Maverick » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:02 pm

MartinU wrote:^^ Robb, had they started the dismantling? haha, I guess that's how the haters tried to do you in.

Let me try...

Robb, you look scared. Is that because they already started dismantling Mean Streak while you were riding? :lmao:

I think that's how that works.
Original Maverick '99

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ToNC » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm planning a trip to CP on the last week of May into the first week of June. Specifically May 30th to June 2nd. Does anyone have an Idea of how crowded the park will be on these days from personal experience?

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm

^You'll be fine. It's a great time to visit.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:17 pm

ToNC wrote:I'm planning a trip to CP on the last week of May into the first week of June. Specifically May 30th to June 2nd. Does anyone have an Idea of how crowded the park will be on these days from personal experience?

6/2 is Coastermania!.. I expect it to be packed, but no idea how the "special" stuff for Coastermania! attendees works. . .

(do they close off certain rides to the GP for ERT for Coastermania! attendees?)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby agerikson » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:50 pm

bert425 wrote:
ToNC wrote:I'm planning a trip to CP on the last week of May into the first week of June. Specifically May 30th to June 2nd. Does anyone have an Idea of how crowded the park will be on these days from personal experience?

6/2 is Coastermania!.. I expect it to be packed, but no idea how the "special" stuff for Coastermania! attendees works. . .

(do they close off certain rides to the GP for ERT for Coastermania! attendees?)

Most of the ERT is before/after operating hours. I think the only exceptions are during Passholder/Resort Guest early entry although even that seems to not be the case this year. You should be fine.
Last Park: Great Adventure
Last Ride: El Toro

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ToNC » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 pm

How long are the ERT sessions? Might just look into signing up for the event.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:37 pm

agerikson wrote:
bert425 wrote:

Most of the ERT is before/after operating hours. I think the only exceptions are during Passholder/Resort Guest early entry although even that seems to not be the case this year. You should be fine.

Getting a hotel (off-site) might be trickier than usual due to Ohio Bike Week, which is based in Sandusky and runs all of that week (figured that out two years ago when we weren't able to find any hotels on booking websites and then was able to get in the Breakers by going on CP's official website). The Point should be fine (Friday might be a little busier than the other days due to Coastermania)
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Incredible Hulk, Maverick, Banshee, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken, Rougarou
Top 5 wood: Shivering Timbers, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Mean Streak (RIP)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:51 pm

So excited to say that I will be an intern at the park this summer!!!! Can't wait!
Yankee Cannonball <3

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:19 pm

ToNC wrote:How long are the ERT sessions? Might just look into signing up for the event.

ERT can be anything from 15 minutes to a couple of hours. I think at the Cedar Point site, they had
a schedule of some kind there (subject to change, of course).

Found it. https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/coastermania Go here, and then look for the
first FAQ there... "What is the itinerary?"

:)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:32 pm

ToNC wrote:How long are the ERT sessions? Might just look into signing up for the event.

note, you have to be a member of a certified club to be able to buy a Coastermania! ticket.

(have you joined clubTPR?) :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext