Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 3709: 2017 Season details announced!
Users viewing this topic: Casual Observer, Infinity and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby dchang11 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:27 pm

bluestreak wrote:Before it picture gets taken down and the poster is banned, Maverick definitely looks like it got a much needed repaint.... but maybe that's just because of the lighting.

I think its the lighting. I think Millennium Force could also use a tuneup.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby dchang11 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:32 pm

CedarFanboy wrote:I guess you guys are right about it being a personal choice. I have a relatively small window to be able to go this year (no later than July), so it all just depends on how much free time me and my parents have before that time. I'm really just stuck on the whole Mean Streak thing. Make the long trip to Ohio this year only to want to go back a year later, or just save up all my excitement for next year. I guess I could stick with just Dorney and Kings Dominion (and possibly Carowinds) for another year, but I'm worried that I will miss the opportunity to ride/do something at Cedar Point if anything closes this year.

I'm on the same boat with you. I was planning a weekend trip for May-June, but me and a friend decided to wait until 2018. If I was in your shoes, do the pilgrimage next year. If you think you don't have the chance after next year, go for it.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby JRice92 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:35 pm

bluestreak wrote:Before it picture gets taken down and the poster is banned, Maverick definitely looks like it got a much needed repaint.... but maybe that's just because of the lighting.

It's just the lighting in the photo. I was in the park working today and can confirm Maverick has not gotten painted.
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:43 pm

JRice92 wrote:

It's just the lighting in the photo. I was in the park working today and can confirm Maverick has not gotten painted.

You're currently working at the park?! Tell us every detail you know about Mean Streak now!!!

/s

But seriously, if I was working at CP right now, I know exactly where I'd be spending my 15 minute breaks!
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby RollerManic » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Not like many of you care, except for those like myself, but Cedar Point posted a new water park update on their FB.

https://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint/posts/10154497746986463

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Ohiocoasterman » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:Seems like Coasterman missed the memo. . . So, for those who have forgotten:

robbalvey wrote:I am just going to post this again as it would appear there are more stupid people in the world that we didn't get a chance to filter out. (Don't worry, they are gone now...)

robbalvey wrote:Ok so I should just make one thing pretty clear here..

ANYONE WHO POSTS A CONSTRUCTION PHOTO OF MEAN STREAK, REGARDLESS IF IT IS YOUR PHOTO OR NOT, WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR FOREVER.

Is that clear?

Good.

The only exception to this would be if Cedar Point themselves releases official construction photos or if someone from Cedar Point takes you to the construction site and makes it VERY CLEAR TO EVERYONE that it is ok to take said photo.

We got permission from Tony Clark before we posted any of those photos. He said you can post as long as it's not taken on park property.
Trips to Cedar Point in 08= 3 Other Parks = 3
Have Ridden Top Thrill Dragster 176 times overall
RIDES ON MAVERICK = 29!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:01 pm

RobbAlvey wrote:The only exception to this would be if Cedar Point themselves releases official construction photos or if someone from Cedar Point takes you to the construction site and makes it VERY CLEAR TO EVERYONE that it is ok to take said photo.

Still walking a thin line here... Oh well,

----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, about those Pinks hotdogs at the park!!! :br

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CP Maverick » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:15 pm

I'm glad someone copied Rob's post. I was going back though pages looking for it, as I couldn't remember how his restriction was written.
Original Maverick '99

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Ohiocoasterman wrote:We got permission from Tony Clark before we posted any of those photos. He said you can post as long as it's not taken on park property.

First of all, no you didn't. Second of all, Tony Clark doesn't run our forums.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 pm.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby bluestreak » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:46 pm

JRice92 wrote:

Darn. Well hopefully it's in the cards soon. It would be a good idea to make Maverick all nice and shiny for when Mean Streak opens. And I agree with another poster that MF could use some paint too.... Actually come to think of it so could Magnum and Wicked Twister.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

PreviousNext