Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4032 - Steel Vengeance Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby TBpony414 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:24 pm

dreynolds1982 wrote:Looking forward to some of the views and layout highlights with MF that others have talked about. I've watched the POV and the first shot of the lake as you crest the lift looks awesome, then the trees whizzing by, random tunnels and fly by the station all seem like they would add some fun elements to the ride. It's definitely one I'm super excited to try.

Take note: Ride MF on the left side at night. Going up that seriously skinny lift hill with complete darkness surrounding you in that tiny open train and a massive drop off just off your shoulder is truly frightening. I'll fight every time for that left seat, especially at night!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CP Maverick » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Maybe I made the mistake of riding Fury on preview night, I don't know. It was good, but I wouldn't put it ahead of most other B&M hyper coasters. Then again, it was cold and operations were terrible. It seems to have gotten better reviews since then.

I-305 felt like an odd child of MF and Maverick. It had the speed, and the transitions, but felt like it could have done a lot more.

But, knowing that my favorite rides are Millennium Force and The Beast, those long-duration speed elements tend to score higher than pure intensity for me.
Original Maverick '99

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:06 pm

kenban wrote:My guess at this point it is Tony Clark doing it himself. The park opens for guests in a month. There is little point at this stage to not start leaking pictures. It cannot be someone working construction at the park since they have too much access. It almost has to be a full-time employee. Considering the newest picture I have seen appears to have been taken from the top of Millenium Force because you can see Skyhawk in between the camera and Mean Streak, it almost has to be someone with permission to take the photos. If you have permission to take and "leak" the photos then it might as well be done by marketing.

From what I'm seeing, we are discussing more than one different source of pictures (which have both been attributed to Tony). It's possible, but it's starting to feel a little unlikely that it can all be him.

Just wanted to mention one thing I thought was funny. One of the Social media accounts has "liked" only one other external post, and that post is none other than a previous TPR member complaining that he got banned for breaking TPR rules and sharing something from that page. Ha! :lol:
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby williamj2543 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Mossed wrote:It's easily better than Leviathan, but I put Millennium well below the other two.

Agreed completely. My friend likes Leviathan just due to smoothness but I prefer layout, location, views, and train type much more than smoothness (I never notice it anyways). But I think both Leviathan and MF would be far below the other 2 gigas
Top 10: 1. Twisted Colossus 2. X2 3. Maverick 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. El Toro 6. Millenium Force 7. Montu 8. Tatsu 9. Magnum Xl-200, 10. YOLOcoaster

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mjollner » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:29 am

Thanks for all the responses to my question a few pages back. Much appreciated.

I'll see if I can make it out... If I can get someone from my travel-party to join, I definitely will.... But if I have to go alone, and there's a big chance as none of the others are very big on roller-coasters, I probably won't.

I don't necessarily mind doing stuff by myself. But this one is a little bit tough, especially since I'll be at the end of a 4 week tour and I know I'll be tired as hell as it is. I'll decide on short notice...

It's good to know what the whole thing entails tho... So thanks again.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby coasterkid21 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:27 pm

It's looking like that first inversion will be at least as tall as Maverick, which is pretty crazy.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby JGuy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Obviously, this picture of Mean Streak construction is exempt from the "No Mean Streak Contruction Photos" rule because it was taken off-property.
/End Sarcasm :roll:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby PVA62 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:02 pm

boldikus wrote:Image

:nina:
tumblr_nc772ddoai1tm0eroo4_250.gif

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CedarFanboy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Rest In Peace, Ohiocoasterman.

I have a question for you Cedar Point people. I would really enjoy going to Cedar Point this year for the first time, but the chances of that happening are looking rather slim at the moment. Would it be better to just wait for next year to attempt to visit (especially since Mean Streak will probably be open next year), or should I try hard to go this year?

PreviousNext