TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Great report!

PS: Not to be graphic but the Steel Vengeance on-ride-photo artwork with that splatter of orange on the lower left NEVER fails to give the illusion that there's a rider slightly ahead of you in the train that just blew chunks and the photo is capturing the last few milliseconds of happiness for the person in the photo. In these images, the faces of the riders ahead of you only add to this illusion.

Great report!

PS: Not to be graphic but the Steel Vengeance on-ride-photo artwork with that splatter of orange on the lower left NEVER fails to give the illusion that there's a rider slightly ahead of you in the train that just blew chunks and the photo is capturing the last few milliseconds of happiness for the person in the photo. In these images, the faces of the riders ahead of you only add to this illusion.

Totally agree! And they need to turn off the video feature at night since it never works when viewing.

SV Video Day.mp4

Daytime video works great!

SV Video Night.mp4

Nighttime? Not so much

Glad you liked it!

I know I would have enjoyed it way more if I hadn't been hurting from the severe bruising on my upper thigh.

(which ended up being a torn quad). Those ejector air bunny hops at the end (not to mention the ejector air into the midcourse) just about made me pass out from the pain, so was a 1 and done for me. but I really really liked the 1st half, and that barrel roll inside the structure on the 2nd half is insanely great.

still. . I rode it once and really liked it, and look forwards to another opportunity to get on it if I ever get back to CP

So here's what I think about the ride (as I hadn't commented yet).

I rode it not long after my first two RMCs (twisted cyclone and twisted timbers, which I loved) and so I was basically expecting a taller, faster and longer version of those with more or less the same level of intensity. My first ride was in the afternoon in the front row and it honestly was a bit disappointing. There was airtime all over the place, no doubt about that, but it just didn't feel anywhere near as intense as the other two. It didn't help that the MCBR was braking fairly hard. I thought this was because I had extremely high hopes (I kind of was expecting it to be my no one ride) but then these expectations had also been set by other much smaller RMCs and not just my excitement.

Later that day we had ERT on it (thanks to an amazing TPR tour) and it was running much better: it was fast, smooth, intense, twisty and the MCBR was barely on! This really made a huge difference.

So, all in all, it's definitely an amazing ride under any circumstances but even though those amazing night rides made me think this could be my favorite coaster I can't really say that given that it's only "that good" sometimes (when the MCBR is on I actually prefer Maverick, for example).

So I'm really curious about what will happen when they start running three trains (assuming they will) and how consistent this ride becomes.

PS: Not to be graphic but the Steel Vengeance on-ride-photo artwork with that splatter of orange on the lower left NEVER fails to give the illusion that there's a rider slightly ahead of you in the train that just blew chunks and the photo is capturing the last few milliseconds of happiness for the person in the photo.

could be this guy picking and flicking whatever is in his nose too!

IMG_6840.thumb.jpg.2eb002288fd72e5f111d8b1211917a06.jpg

Is there early entry with the 2 Day Plus Ticket (includes 2 days of parking, admission, food, drink, and photos)? I didn't see early entry in the description when I purchased the tickets. We also got Fast Lane Plus for both days... Does that get us early entry? I'm assuming not for either, but just wondering. We are heading there this Friday and Saturday and praying to the weather gods that it doesn't storm the entire trip.

No. You only get Early Entry if you stay at a Cedar Point hotel or have a Platinum Pass. Luckily, with Fastlane Plus it's not as important as it would be otherwise.

The weather looks fine. It sort of seems like occasional passing showers and storms but otherwise mostly sunny. The wind speeds are nice and low too.

No. You only get Early Entry if you stay at a Cedar Point hotel or have a Platinum Pass. Luckily, with Fastlane Plus it's not as important as it would be otherwise.

The weather looks fine. It sort of seems like occasional passing showers and storms but otherwise mostly sunny. The wind speeds are nice and low too.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess it really doesn't matter since we have Fast Lane Plus both days. Best places to eat in the park? Chick-fil-a is a no brainer for us, but what are the crowd favorites that are offered with the meal plan?

Thanks! Yeah, I guess it really doesn't matter since we have Fast Lane Plus both days. Best places to eat in the park? Chick-fil-a is a no brainer for us, but what are the crowd favorites that are offered with the meal plan?

best place to eat is just outside the park - thru the Marina Gate by BlueStreak (under Valravn).

not on the meal plan, but well worth it to walk across the street, to eat at Famous Daves. great food.

Honestly I'm looking at the list of things on the meal plan and I can't recommend any of them aside from Chick Fil A and (I guess) Subway by process of elimination.

That said, I have no tolerance for greasy fried food. I LOVE it and I wish I did but I know better than to eat it. If you're open to splurging and trying something not on the meal plan I've heard great things about Melt bar and grilled (though I haven't been there for reasons stated above). Personally I LOVE Famous Daves in the marina. If you get a table outside and sit on the water it's really, really nice. The food is good, but it's more about the location.

Edit: Beat me to it.

hey, we walk the talk here at TPR

tho should point out, there IS another really good option in the park (also not on the meal plan, but it serves alcohol):

Melt! - over by Wicked Twister, across from Planet Snoopy (be warned tho the sandwhiches are HUGE.. . better to share).

IMG_5432.thumb.JPG.bbbe36eb8fda3eb51210970a547e8b06.JPG

IMG_5434.thumb.JPG.e65c8aa69077b30b456373560c93b08c.JPG

IMG_5435.thumb.JPG.40104a1c4e49c8c11b1f143aa89fb781.JPG

IMG_5361.thumb.JPG.8777ba85a8889a4e9cf7dc1b1d7be62c.JPG

Melt!

IMG_5362.thumb.JPG.9f85fd062c78857c42846efc0794981e.JPG

Melt!

IMG_5363.thumb.JPG.dcd2e0aa21ca894ca251481361f5981f.JPG

Melt!

Edited by bert425

Melt looks amazing and I am definitely going to get that this weekend!!! Every Famous Dave's pretty much went out of business in Richmond, VA (where I'm from). Never thought that place was that great, but Melt looks right up our alley. I saw someone post a pic years ago of some restaurant across the way from Cedar Point and it had a patio right on the water with an amazing view of the park. Anyone know that place and if the food is legit?

I saw someone post a pic years ago of some restaurant across the way from Cedar Point and it had a patio right on the water with an amazing view of the park. Anyone know that place and if the food is legit?

is that not Famous Daves?

I saw someone post a pic years ago of some restaurant across the way from Cedar Point and it had a patio right on the water with an amazing view of the park. Anyone know that place and if the food is legit?

I have no idea... The pic was across the waterway with CP in the far distance... Is that Famous Dave's? LOL

I have no idea... The pic was across the waterway with CP in the far distance... Is that Famous Dave's? LOL

taken from Famous Dave's patio last year:

IMG_1828.thumb.JPG.c9941f762fe1f840cb69999853f7d5a2.JPG

The park had a publicity shoot for SV this morning and I got picked to attend. Got 5 rides in before 9am, and hopefully the shoot will launch me into stardom! Lol.

Really cool of the park to involve fans into something they can use for promotion.

As far as food goes, I've been to Melt twice and thought it was great. Sharing is a good idea though, because like mentioned earlier the sandwiches are enormous. I like Chickie's & Pete's for the crab fries, but I haven't been impressed at all with any of the three entrees I've tried there. Chick Fil A is good of course, but the line gets crazy long around lunchtime.

I always want to go over to Famous Dave's but I've never actually been to that one. Seems like a great idea though.

We had an awesome server at Melt that suggested us to order the "Kindergarten" aka half sandwiches aka kids meal(?) if we weren't starving and warned us how huge the sandwiches are.

So my bill ended up being a kids meal and two beers

Do you remember if any of the sandwiches can be a kids meal? That's great to know if that's true! Both times I've been to Melt I was super hungry and still couldn't finish my whole sandwich!