TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Good idea

Once while riding Raging Bull at Great America, someone in my row actually had their shirt fly up, luckily it didn't leave the train, but it covered the guy's face the whole ride, it was hilarious to watch! His face was covered even in the on ride photo. I'd imagine something similar would happen on SV.

Magnum XL was my favourite coaster at Cedar Point, that probably makes me crazy right?

Not at all, I totally approve of this statement. Both the correct spelling of favourite and the love for Magnum, which is usually underrated. It's my second favourite there after Millennium Force. Nothing like a super tall, super fast coaster with plenty of big drops.

note to self.. wear a onesie to ride SV

I never thought of that option. I was just going to tuck my tee-shirt in.

That's ridiculous.

Steel Vengeance is taking clothes off people?! Reminds me of Top Thrill Dragster. Solid mammaries of that ride.

My new favorite pastime is putting live stream camera 1 and camera 2 on each of my two monitors just before weekend early entry opens to watch people get their morning exercise as they try to sprint to SV. I especially like the ones the slow to a walk and then sprint several times before they get off camera 1. (FWIW that would be me if I attempted it).

It was brutal this morning. Ran/jogged from resort entrance. Got on the 7 or 8th train this morning after they had an issue first thing. Then rode it again around dusk where the app said 150 minutes and it ended up 75 minutes

Steel Vengeance is a really good coaster, but pretty tough on the thighs when you're over 6ft tall. The layout, the area it sits in and everything about it is visually stunning.

Magnum XL was my favourite coaster at Cedar Point, that probably makes me crazy right?

Everyone has the right to pick their favorite. I think the second half of Magnum has great air time moments. But that is the ride that beats me up due to the restraints not steel vengeance. Of course I am used to RMCs

A wonderful weekend at Cedar Point! While Saturday had storms, if you found yourself at the right place at the right time, most rides were walk ons. SV ran almost all day with about 1hr wait (that’s how dead it was). The Coaster Campout people had a great ERT session on SV from 10:30pm to 12am. Sunday was overcast, but lightly attended. Managable wihout Fast Lane as only Dragster, Valravn and Maverick had 45 minute waits. SV peaked around 3hrs. I can confirm CP app is not accurate, mostly due to lagging behind.

I managed 4 rides on SV. 2 in the back seat, 2 day, 2 night. I struggled all weekend where to rank it in my favs, but after Sunday’s back seat night ride, I can say it’s my favourite coaster, narrowly beating El Toro. While I think El Toro’s first drop and hills are only slightly better, SV just goes on and on preforming incredible elements with so much airtime. The hype is real and that’s so awesome to be true. We rode “Digger” on Sat and “Chess” on Sun, so it shouldn’t be long before 2 trains return.

Yesterday I was Cedar point as well and here were my highlights.

App was not accurate over than Maverick and Dragster. Those times were pretty much dead on. I got a front row ride on dragster after it reopened after being down for a while. Nice to only have a 30 minute wait. Maverick was about 40-45 for a good part of the day. I did manage 3 rides on it in the last 45 minutes. The line for Millennium was about 5-10 minutes. I got 9 rides on it. Only time I waited longer was for the front which added 15 minutes. There were times you didn’t have to walk around and you exited right back in line near the station. Gate keeper was 5 minutes. I got 5 rides on it. Caught raptor at the correct time it was a walk on twice. Since I rode Valravn twice Saturday night I skipped it on Sunday. Need a front row day ride on it either today or Tuesday. Like I said in a previous post I went to SV right away during early entry. Something happen with it and caused a delay of about 15-20 minutes. I got a ride at about 9:40. Great ride but I wanted a ride later in the day. Jumped in line at 7:45 and got on right before 9. That was one of the best rides I ever got on a roller coaster. I highly recommend late day rides on this one. I ate at Melt for a late lunch. Thought the food was good. All in all great day. I got in like 34-35 rides. I have hit every coaster so the focus today and Tuesday will be quality over quantity so I imagine I will hit up SV, Maverick, MF, and Dragster. Weather is a bit iffy for about a 2-3 hour window this afternoon so let’s see how this works out.

I love Magnum and everyone’s entitled to their opinion but I never thought I’d see the day that someone said they didn’t like a coaster as much as they anticipated because it was rough on the thighs and in the next breath said that their favorite ride at Cedar Point was Magnum Xl 200.

I was also at the park yesterday, but unlike you guys I always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maverick, Gatekeeper, Raptor, Gemini were all closed when we got to them. Steel Vengeance opened at 9:30, Maverick didn't open until way later.

Besides that, lines were manageable when I showed up. TTD @ 15 min, Valravn @ 15 min, Rougarou walk-on, Magnum walk-on, Skyhawk walk-on, Millennium Force 5 min (!) that was the biggest surprise of the day. Fiancee wasn't feeling well so we didn't stay all day and I went solo for some rides.

On Steel Vengeance we rode in rows 2 and 3 on separate occasions, and the ride later in the afternoon was significantly better/wilder in both of our eyes. The bucking bronco at the end was definitely more forceful. I guess this is one of those rides that "warm up" though both rides were still awesome. Hopefully I'll get back near the back row sometime soon.

One thing I thought was interesting was row 3 the lapbar was not staying completely up when unlocked it kept "falling down" a little bit so when they locked it, it ran into some issues but they kept people in that row anyway. The op knew there was an issue with it because she kept trying to push it up and it wasn't staying, but she shrugged it off. Another row was closed off/disabled all day while we were there.

For food I ate at the new BBQ place and the chopped pork was pretty tasty (though I didn't care for the BBQ sauce they used), and I also tried Chickie's and Pete's but the cheesesteak was a huge letdown (bread was a weird texture and the meat was overcooked with little to no flavor) and the fries I don't think were the real thing (just regular cut fries with a little seasoning rather than the crinkle cut ones we got at Dorney one time). Luckily I have the Dining Plan, but I probably wouldn't eat there again unless I was at the bar to have some drinks. I thought Melt was the only location with a bar within the park for liquor but I guess that isn't true.

Great day and the weather held out the entire day, despite it literally raining our entire drive from Buffalo until we got to Sandusky.

Don’t worry my luck ran out after a great start this morning. Did well on the 1k run back to steel vengeance this morning. I ended up front seat on the second train out. Went to maverick. Got two rides in and was on the last ride when that broke down so my good luck was great. Went over to Dragster and rode front row and then got back in line. Was on the train when everything shuts down. They slowly roll us back and we get off. I guess I just got the full cedar point experience.

Don’t worry my luck ran out after a great start this morning. Did well on the 1k run back to steel vengeance this morning. I ended up front seat on the second train out. Went to maverick. Got two rides in and was on the last ride when that broke down so my good luck was great. Went over to Dragster and rode front row and then got back in line. Was on the train when everything shuts down. They slowly roll us back and we get off. I guess I just got the full cedar point experience.

not until you get the triple breakdown in Maverick, Mister!

(once in the line, once while you're on stairs to station, then the final time when you're actually sitting in the (2nd) train, and everything stops because the idiot in the train before you pulled out a cell phone on the launch, and everything stops and messes up the sensors).

THAT is the full CP experience

I thought Melt was the only location with a bar within the park for liquor but I guess that isn't true.

I think that originally when it was called the Game Time Bar and Grill, they had liquor and then the next time we went, they only had beer and wine.

When it turned to Chickie and Petes, it was still just beer and wine. It looks like a full service bar, but when I went to get Michael a mixed drink a couple of years ago, they said that they didn't have hard liquor.

Perhaps that has changed?

...not until you get the triple breakdown in Maverick, Mister!

(once in the line, once while you're on stairs to station, then the final time when you're actually sitting in the (2nd) train, and everything stops because the idiot in the train before you pulled out a cell phone on the launch, and everything stops and messes up the sensors).

THAT is the full CP experience

And a protein spill cleanup on one seat I remember too, that stalled us for a while.

It was a busy, busy time when we were in line.

They had an assortment of cocktails on the menu. Not too many but there was definitely an alcoholic vs not alcoholic section and they were themed to different rides. Fiancee wanted to get a "Blue Streak" but forgot her ID. I guess they might not have had a full bar persay, but they definitely had cocktails at the very least. I would assume they would sell other drinks if that's the case, but maybe not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯