TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Does that mean required fluffy bunnies?

I don’t think it’s been confirmed yet, but I’d say you could expect that.

As someone who operates rides with sometimes massive queues, no loose article policies make things way better for the park and guests as a whole. Sure it sucks to have to pay $2 (I don’t like it either) but if Millennium had bins (which it couldnt because of the unload platform) there’s no way we’re hitting 1200 ever. More like 800. That difference makes 2 hours 3, plus the additional chance the ride goes down before you ride since you’re in line and under the sun longer.

...but that discussions been had countless times. No reason to go further into it.

^ If you rent an all day one, and the ones we found were to the right, after you enter the park, at least you can use it all day, w/o

having to pay by the hour etc. But - the ones located near or around the coasters are hourly I remember, so you could

just pick one, mid-park, stick a couple of hours' money into it, and then reuse it, if you think you need to. Easy!

^ If you rent an all day one, and the ones we found were to the right, after you enter the park, at least you can use it all day, w/o

having to pay by the hour etc. But - the ones located near or around the coasters are hourly I remember, so you could

just pick one, mid-park, stick a couple of hours' money into it, and then reuse it, if you think you need to. Easy!

you should point out that we rented the all day one, and then only you went back to it once (and that was to empty it out when you went back to the room for a break).

so all in all, it was kind of a waste. (hats just went down front of shirt, and no problem riding anything).

I'm wondering if I should invest in a fanny pack type thing for the next time I'm at CP, since saw lots of folks riding with those strapped on, and just not even bother renting Fluffy Bunny.

Bert, about two seasons ago, I purchased a GoBelt from Target for $9. It is much thinner than the bulky fanny packs from years ago and has that stretchy material with 2 zippered pockets. I put my car key fob and debit card in the smaller pocket and my mobile in the larger one. It sits on your waist and under your shirt so you can ride anything at the both KI and CP with no issues whatsoever.

#nofluffybunnies

The world is not in need of more homophobic chicken restaurants. Fortunately, there are enough places to eat at Cedar Point that don't involve hating about 700 million people.

Well with a company so successful like chic fil a is, there is a reason its coming back.

Oh and I am welcomed in there with zero problems everytime. (I'm gay)

The world is not in need of more homophobic chicken restaurants. Fortunately, there are enough places to eat at Cedar Point that don't involve hating about 700 million people.

Well with a company so successful like chic fil a is, there is a reason its coming back.

Oh and I am welcomed in there with zero problems everytime. (I'm gay)

You're supporting a company that donates to causes that want to take away your rights.

small steps in the recent past have improved, but for the most part their viewpoint has not changed.

I'll never spend a penny there, and it's a shame you view it as "they haven't affected ME so it doesn't matter attitude" but hey, more power to you.

I’m not concerned about my rights being taken away lol it’s 2018. People can support whatever the hell they want to.

I’ll continue eating their delicious chicken

Thanks social justice warrior

Also what is everyone thinking about that stadium plot? I think a splash battle would fit absolutely perfect there.

“battle for Lake Erie” lol

Edited by ScreaminNewEngland

I’m not concerned about my rights being taken away lol it’s 2018. People can support whatever the hell they want to.

I’ll continue eating their delicious chicken

Thanks social justice warrior

you're welcome, "self hating homosexual"

(I guess we're giving each other nicknames now?)

(and if you think your rights aren't in danger of (or currently) being taken away, you simply haven't been paying attention).

I don't eat chicken so chick fil a doesn't concern me. But what does concern me is what they plan to do with that empty space by Wicked Twister. Just a guess...But I'm gonna say a new coaster in 2020. Wicked Twister will probably head to CGA and Cedar Point will install a RMC TRex there. They'll have four entrances with a coaster at every one. This is just a fun guess...I have absolutely no idea...But it's fun to think about.

I don't eat chicken so chick fil a doesn't concern me. But what does concern me is what they plan to do with that empty space by Wicked Twister. Just a guess...But I'm gonna say a new coaster in 2020. Wicked Twister will probably head to CGA and Cedar Point will install a RMC TRex there. They'll have four entrances with a coaster at every one. This is just a fun guess...I have absolutely no idea...But it's fun to think about.

would be nice if they put in a dark ride there, but if they want to stick with the boardwalk theming, I could absolutely see them moving some of the carnival type games over there, and then dropping in a flat (or maybe dark ride) across from MaxAir, where they pulled the games from.

most likely, I suspect we're looking at a flat tho. . maybe a Scrambler. not recalling, but does CP have a scrambler?

EDIT: oh yeah, they do. . near Matterhorn. What else does one find on a boardwalk. . maybe a Trabant?

Edited by bert425

I hope WT isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but my speculation is that area will involve an ongoing boardwalk expansion, culminating in a smaller wooden coaster on or very close to the beach. Possibly even a modern wild mouse or spinner coaster, and/or dark ride as well.

would be nice if they put in a dark ride there, but if they want to stick with the boardwalk theming, I could absolutely see them moving some of the carnival type games over there, and then dropping in a flat (or maybe dark ride) across from MaxAir, where they pulled the games from.

most likely, I suspect we're looking at a flat tho. . maybe a Scrambler. not recalling, but does CP have a scrambler?

They do. It’s by the Matterhorn and Corkscrew.

They do. It’s by the Matterhorn and Corkscrew.

LOL. .yep, I remembered and was editing my post when you responded.

thanks.

thinking maybe a Trabant then?

I truly can't think of any rights being taken away, unless you wanted to ride the original Mean Streak but the mean executives at Cedar Point removed your right to do that.

Can't wait to see what these changes look like after they come to fruition. I'll be watching this thread like a hawk after opening weekend. Frontiertown looks like nearly all the food and beverage places are being upgraded, hopefully that includes a new look that fits the theme. Maverick adding the tunnel effects back is another bonus I wasn't expecting. That area around Wicked Twister is going to be an interesting follow, I'm assuming 2019 addition will be going there.

I truly can't think of any rights being taken away, unless you wanted to ride the original Mean Streak but the mean executives at Cedar Point removed your right to do that.

Can't wait to see what these changes look like after they come to fruition. I'll be watching this thread like a hawk after opening weekend. Frontiertown looks like nearly all the food and beverage places are being upgraded, hopefully that includes a new look that fits the theme. Maverick adding the tunnel effects back is another bonus I wasn't expecting. That area around Wicked Twister is going to be an interesting follow, I'm assuming 2019 addition will be going there.

Don't forget, they still have all that space where Shoot the Rapids was to work with too. so I'd expect something to happen there too. . maybe.

as to C-F-a . . hey, there are plenty of other place in the park to eat, so if they wanna bring them in as a vendor, I have no problem w/ Cedar Fair doing so. But yeah, i won't be eating there, and pretty much have explained why.