TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Does anybody know when Cedar Point opens up applications for 2018 ride ops? I want to get back into working in the industry (and out of the 9-5 I have currently) but there's no listing on the cedar fair job site for any ride-related jobs (yet)

^I just got an email from Valleyair that they're now accepting 2018 applications after making some changes to the site and application process. I would imagine that CP's doing something similar and will be up within the next couple days.

I got the same email from Dorney, which is what made me want to apply /tonight/

I've been mulling over the pros and cons of staying in my current job vs going and working another park for a while, finally sat down and wrote out a list and realized I'd be much happier working at a park than I am in my current 9-5, even though I'll be taking quite the pay cut. Money isn't everything maaaaaan

^I just got an email from Valleyair that they're now accepting 2018 applications after making some changes to the site and application process. I would imagine that CP's doing something similar and will be up within the next couple days.

I've been mulling over the pros and cons of staying in my current job vs going and working another park for a while, finally sat down and wrote out a list and realized I'd be much happier working at a park than I am in my current 9-5, even though I'll be taking quite the pay cut. Money isn't everything maaaaaan

Working at Cedar Point is one of my favorite things I've ever done. I'm in the application process for my second season and can't wait. I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have any! And yes, applications should open sometime in the next week in all likelihood.

Working at Cedar Point is one of my favorite things I've ever done. I'm in the application process for my second season and can't wait. I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have any! And yes, applications should open sometime in the next week in all likelihood.

Will you be my reference, random internet stranger? I have 2 solid references, one from my current job, and one from my old team lead at Dorney

But seriously, what else is there to do in Sandusky other than Cedar Point? I trust there's at /least/ one good dive bar. That's all I ask for really.

Thirsty Pony is your bar... Kalahari, Ghostly Manor, and other tourist trap type places.

As long as they have cheap drinks and good company, I'll be happy. I'll be moving from Philly, so I'm currently used to dollar drafts and 2.50 mixed drinks with mostly homeless or near homeless people as company. Great attitude, those guys have.

Will you be my reference, random internet stranger? I have 2 solid references, one from my current job, and one from my old team lead at Dorney

But seriously, what else is there to do in Sandusky other than Cedar Point? I trust there's at /least/ one good dive bar. That's all I ask for really.

Sure, there are a few places here and there. From my experience, given that the standard work week is six days, I'd usually spend my time off hanging out with friends (which you'll meet a ton of people, and probably half of them are enthusiasts), sleeping in, or on pre-planned or spontaneous trips. There honestly isn't a lot to do in Sandusky outside of the park, but I never really noticed. There's enough to go out to eat, go to the movies, etc. but I haven't really heard of anyone not having anything to do on off-days. It's more about the people than the location for me, and the people are why so many people return to the park year after year.

It's seriously so much fun and you can make a decent chunk of money if you're accountable with where you spend it (and you can ask your Supervisor/Team Leader to give you longer shifts when possible). Blowing $20 after a 13 hour shift at Buffalo Wild Wings is probably the most common thing anyone does there lol.

Great pictures.

I'm so glad that ugly stadium is gone.

Please replace it with a beach bar and outdoor seating on the lake side. Please. Please.

True! The tables outside at Fridays are pretty good, but they can do better.

Let's not forget they put in the swim up bar in the waterpark this year! Did anyone visit that this year/take pictures? Let's see em

Great pictures.

Please replace it with a beach bar and outdoor seating on the lake side. Please. Please.

Let's not forget they put in the swim up bar in the waterpark this year! Did anyone visit that this year/take pictures? Let's see em

Oh man, the swim up bar at Cedar Point Shores is so good! There's no children allowed and they ID everyone going in. It's right on the water and has a great view of Magnum's turnaround. They sell beer and mixed drinks. Our crew had quite a few margaritas! Best place to take a break from the park in the middle of the day, cool down and have some drinks.

Great pictures.

Oh man, the swim up bar at Cedar Point Shores is so good! There's no children allowed and they ID everyone going in. It's right on the water and has a great view of Magnum's turnaround. They sell beer and mixed drinks. Our crew had quite a few margaritas! Best place to take a break from the park in the middle of the day, cool down and have some drinks.

The swim-up bar has actually been there for several years now. I didn't get there this past season, but have spent plenty of time there in years past. I know many might find that surprising.

Great pictures.

Good to hear! Sounds like the perfect break from the park (and people) if you can catch a slow 2/3pm hour.

The Fastlane information has been released. Steel Vengeance is obviously a Fastlane Plus ride. Gatekeeper will remain on Fastlane Plus only (which I find a little surprising) along with Steel Vengeance, Valravn, Dragster and Maverick.

I think it's more baffling Millennium isn't on Fastlane Plus than GateKeeper being there.