TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I would love to do a Halloween event-haunt at Cedar Point!

The forest/woods where the petting farm and old wood buildings are.....woot!

Great haunt site. Thanks for the awesome FREEKY report. Boo.

IMG_3746.JPG.b71377e09bc66fb00dab92d3f05cedc4.JPG

Loved this part of CP. Should be great during Boo Time! Taken June 2/17.

IMG_3747.JPG.be1d6c6ef07b212ccb86e117375d630b.JPG

...Reeeeally loved this part of CP...once I found a bar inside one of the log cabins, Yes! (And no, it's not a mask.)

Those Raptor sunset pictures are fantastic.

When I first read your post I forgot for a minute that that is the name of a coaster at the park and thought there was raptor track on site. I was so confused lol!

Still sucks they removed the engines on the back of the Dragster cars. I guess queue times take priority.

Are the scareactors really apt to jump in the Skyride next to you this year?

I didn't see Skyride running but maybe it's just a Friday thing.

I would love to do a Halloween event-haunt at Cedar Point!

The forest/woods where the petting farm and old wood buildings are.....woot!

Great haunt site. Thanks for the awesome FREEKY report. Boo.

We always love walking through that section after dark! We actually didn't spend as much time around there this trip besides rushing through to get from Slaughterhouse to Maverick and of course walking back through that area after closing. One scareactor asked where we were going and when we replied "Maverick!" she said we were going the wrong way. Actually threw me off for a second.

And at least we planned it right this time so we were somewhat near Maverick around closing. Last time, we finished Hexed (by Gatekeeper) about a quarter 'till 12 and then had to basically book it to the back of the park to make it to Maverick before 12. Love me those Maverick night rides.

Great report! Looks like we've got a bad a** photobombing over here

I didn't even notice that

Little late on my TR from last Saturday (9/16) but here's a "quick" version:

Ended up getting to the park at 10am (no early entry, camped at KOA in Sandusky) and the crowds didn't seem too unbearable YET. We had free passes due to an issue I encountered earlier in the season, so ended up splurging and buying the $149 FL+.

Almost immediately Raptor had a 90min wait upon the park opening at 11am, ended up getting on in less than 5 mins with FL. Just as intense as ever, also, have the red/white lights always been there under the ride during one of the inversions near Valravn or are they only for Halloweekends? Anyway, lights looked awesome at night. Ended up grabbing a ride on the Sky Ride for a quick assessment of how busy the park was, didn't seem too bad at this point.

Ended up heading over to Windseeker after Sky Ride...here's where I ran into my one real complaint of the day. It was roughly 1130ish at this point, I'm sure WS had probably cycled 6-7 times at this point, however when we went to go sit down I sat in a PUDDLE of dead bugs. Not just 4-5, literally 20, and I didn't realize it until my friend noticed it on her seat before she sat down. I said something to the ride op and asked for a napkin/paper towel, he told me they didn't have anything like that. So we went to move to an empty seat and EVERY single one had a bug puddle on it. I ended up having dead bugs smeared all over my shorts, which was gross but whatever, had it been someone else I'm sure they would've caused a scene. Still unacceptable that they'd open the ride in this condition.

Went out the beach entrance and decided to walk the boardwalk to the Magnum entrance to check out the expansion progress at breakers, looking good! However, there was a group of probably 6-7 20 somethings on the beach, sitting down, openly smoking weed. Not that it bothered me but I thought this was a little shocking, is there no security patrolling the beach?

Ended up getting quick rides in on Magnum and Pipe Scream then went back to check out SV. Damn,that ride is going to rule! Decided to just take it easy and went over to the tavern in Frontier Trail for a couple beers. The Rougabrew and Frontier Trail lager were damn good, and not bad at $8 for a bottle. Hit up Rougarou with a slight buzz, 45 min wait, about 15 mins with FL. Walked back towards the front of the park and decided to do WT (1hr wait, 20mins with FL) and Gatekeeper (1hr wait, 10 mins with FL) and by this time it was 2:30. Also, it says a lot when a non-enthusiast gets off GK and says "Thats it?"...this ride is so damn pretty but the lack of forces and speed is just shocking.

Walked over to Blue Streak(20min wait, 5min with FL) and had a solid ride there, funny how my friend remarked that BS felt more intense than GK. Next went over to Valravn (1hr 45min wait, 5mins with FL) and this was my first ride on the coast, and I came away impressed at the first drop, but after that it just felt kind of meh. Guess i'm not as fan of newer B&M's. The ride is quite beautiful though.

Walked back to Power Tower (20min wait, walk on with FL) and Dragster (1hr 30min wait, 15min with FL) and both still delivered. Took a couple bugs to the face on Dragster but that's part of its charm, right? Headed over to Melt for dinner...FANFUCKINGTASTIC! They had vegan options, I was floored...usually I'm stuck with fries all day at parks. Had a phenomenal portobella melt that was huge and only $13! Maybe the best park meal I've ever had. Took our time and had a couple drinks with dinner and it was now approaching 8pm.

Decided to head towards the back of the park for the haunts and such. Hit up Gemini (30min wait, walk on with FL) on the way for a walk on, still a solid ride. Went back to ride the Mine Ride (30min wait, no FL option) just to see the "mystic" part...ummmm, it was a spider projection and music you couldn't even hear when riding through the "shed". Skyhawk (20min wait, walk on with FL) gave an amazing ride, seemed like an extra long cycle too! Checked out the scarezones, the lack of wind and warm temps def helped the fog stick. It was very difficult to see where you were going, however the packed midways really made it hard for any of the scare-actors to "get" anyone. The lines for most of the indoor haunts were now about +90mins so we decided to skip all of them.

Took a lap on the train from the back station, the Halloween-ized lighting on the skeleton scenes actually looked great! Ended up hitting Maverick (2hrs, 10mins with FL) after and a night ride with the fog from the haunts made it one of the best rides I've ever had on it. Also, the warm evening temps def had the trains flying around that track! Started to make our way to the front of park for rides on Millennium Force (1hr 45min, 15mins with FL) and Iron Dragon (walk on, No FL). By this time it was now 11:55 and we decided to start heading out.

Overall, had a REALLY fun time at the park, however, I don't think I'd ever attend a HW saturday without having FL+. Even with a FL+ we didn't have any time to do any of the indoor haunts or Cornstalkers. It's honestly not worth it, the crowds are unbearable and the lines for food are pretty crazy considering most of the employees seem to be of the volunteer type during this time of the year. Speaking of volunteers....can we have the Bluffton University Baseball team be the greeters at the coasters all year round?! Talk about eye candy...

I saw that too, and thought... "Oh, look... A fine example of lack of education in our society." Like, do people not know how to be civilized??

Oh, my thought was “I hope he was removed from the park for making obscene gestures towards the cameras”

Wow I couldn't imagine being there without a FL+. Great summary!

Went back to ride the Mine Ride (30min wait, no FL option) just to see the "mystic" part...ummmm, it was a spider projection and music you couldn't even hear when riding through the "shed".

Hmmm.. when we rode during the day we didn't get that. Which of the "sheds" had that?

Spoiler alert

The buildings had various "shed #1" "shed #2" "#whatsintheshed" signs to add to the disappointment of what wasn't inside. I didn't see anything in shed #1/#2 but at the end of the ride before going into the station there was an actual 'Coke cooler' that was infested /broken by tree roots / or maybe they were snakes... with the mystic timbers tree on top. It was small and looked ridiculous. And that was it!

I really hope nobody was expecting them to go all out. It's like a roadside tourist trap... they might be dumb but you gotta see it! I think having a projection and music for the shed would have made it more disappointing and ruin the joke, so I'm glad I didn't see/hear that part. Obviously Tony was going to be trolling all of us with this... I think he succeeded and I got a laugh out of it. *shrugs* -- but knowing they actually did a projection and music at night kind of ruins the stupidity of it, lol. Call me crazy. Originally I thought the joke was going to be that there wasn't ANYTHING but the signs.

End spoiler

Edited by anonymouscactus

**Spoiler**

Not gonna lie, last Saturday I rode Mine Ride 4 different times throughout the day to figure out what was in the shed. Idk why I was expecting something cool, but when I finally rode it at night and saw the spider projection I cracked up and that was easily the funniest moment of my trip! What made it even better was that two kids in front of us in line who were super amped up about the shed ended up behind us on the train, and their faces were priceless

I saw that too, and thought... "Oh, look... A fine example of lack of education in our society." Like, do people not know how to be civilized??

Oh, my thought was “I hope he was removed from the park for making obscene gestures towards the cameras”

Y'all have zero sense of humor. I agree that the gesture is offensive, but come on... look at his face...

I posted this here also, but anyone in the Cleveland area who wants cheap tickets to Cedar Point and enjoys NFL Football (or whatever it is the Browns are doing lately, good lord they suck) should buy a ticket to next Sunday's game. All fans in attendance get free tickets to Cedar Point next season and since the Browns are so awful, tickets are only 27 bucks on Stubhub so it's way cheaper than actually buying a Cedar Point ticket and you get to go to a football game (sort of).

They're playing Cincinnati too which you'd think would be a big rivalry game if the Browns weren't so ridiculously terrible.

Edited by coasterbill

A friend of mine who is a huge Browns fan (bless his heart) just sent me that, pretty good deal all things considered if you're going to the game anyways, and a nice incentive to if not.

Also, note that the offer is for NEXT week's game, October 1st against the Bungals, who are also terrible right now so that game should be awful.

Cincinnati hasn't looked much better this year. This Sunday is going to be like watching a cripple fight. (South Park reference)

I mean, come on'.

That's a great deal. Also, unrelated to the Browns, but Cedar Point has the big crane on site!

ESPN Power Rankings:

28. Cincinnati Bengals

2017 record: 0-2

Week 2 ranking: No. 25

The Bills fired their offensive coordinator following an 0-2 start last season and then averaged 31.0 PPG in their next four games (all wins). The firing of offensive coordinator Ken Zampese could kick-start Cincinnati's offense in a similar fashion.

29. Cleveland Browns

2017 record: 0-2

Week 2 ranking: No. 30

Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco are a combined 37-4 against the Browns in their careers, so an 0-2 start against those veterans with a rookie quarterback at the helm isn't that surprising. Cleveland's next three games are against the Colts, Bengals and Jets, who are a combined 0-6, so wins or even a win streak could be right around the corner.

Seriously, it's such a good deal because of these two teams this year. Get Ohio people excited for Cedar Point next year and encourage people to come to the football game.