Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4032 - Steel Vengeance Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 pm

boldikus wrote:
gearbm95 wrote:This looks to be a Christian rock concert. When I used to work at Darien Lake we had Kingdom Bound (3 day Christian concert) and it was the worst week of the year. We actually got called in early (lifeguards) to stand guard over the wave pool at 9am while they did baptisms. That water was so vile without the waves on to break up the clouds of hair/weaves/band-aids/hair gel...I felt disgusted watching them dip their heads in. The amount of teens busted for shoplifting and trying to hook up was crazy, security always dreaded that week.

The best part was the park had to cover all the signage for Viper due to complaints from the event organizers about "serpents" in the park. They put a temporary sign out front and changed the name of the ride, it was ridiculous.

I'm a Christian and had the same response!!! :lol:

njcoasterguy34 wrote:Must be a weird kind of Christian that has a problem with snakes. I'm a Christian and have no problems at all with snakes.

:nina: :nina: :nina: I actually LOVE snakes!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 am

CP Maverick wrote:
coasterbill wrote:I find it hilarious that the park holds their Jesus event on opening weekend of Halloweekends which is nothing but haunted houses full of cannibalistic zombies but people at Darien Lake got upset because a roller coaster was named after a snake.

You would have liked when my Bible study group took a trip to Mansfield Haunted Reformatory. You know, Christians are allowed to enjoy various types of entertainment.

Sorry to derail CP conversation more but my parents have always been more traditional and I remember one time when I was a kid going to Six Flags during Fright Fest and them making it very clear they were not happy about it being Fright Fest and we were leaving early and we wouldn't get to do the 3D IWERKS theater because it was showing an Elvira movie. Now, I'm a huge Halloween/haunt fan and decorate my house and my parents still do not like Halloween. Just another thing Christians cannot agree on, but I digress...

Speaking of Haunt...
I don't know if anyone would know the answer to this, but we are returning to Cedar Point tomorrow for opening of Halloweekends and to use our dumb free FL+ they wouldn't let us use on Labor Day weekend. I assume now it is okay to redeem our FL+ since it is after Sept. 10 and not a Saturday, but is there any chance they're going won't let us because it's Haunt? I know I could call but we've had bad luck in the past with calling Cedar Point.
It's a bummer we have only 6 hours to use our FL+ while still trying to do all the haunts, but it's still free and we don't know if we'll return again this year (we weren't going to return after Labor Day except for not getting to use our free FL+!!).

Also, how are crowds on the first Friday of Halloweekends? Do I need to purchase FL+ to get all the credits? Just kidding...
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby bluestreak » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 am

Tomorrow will be dead as far as rides. Don't waste it.
The Sunday before Columbus day is the best day to use it. Yearly tradition for us.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I Love Donkeys!

Postby BitterOldHag » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:12 am

Not sure how dead the park will be tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be quite nice. Also add in the return of "Midnight Syndicate Live" and two new mazes and there might be more interest than usual. I went last year on opening Friday and MF and Maverick both had 30-45 minute waits (I used my free FL+ so it wasn't an issue) and Valravn being the new kid on the block was constantly posting over an hour wait.

I'll be there tomorrow mainly to see the new Midnight Syndicate show and to check out the scare zones. Looking forward to it!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby bluestreak » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:47 am

Interesting... I was there last year (which had bigger than normal crowds I would think thanks to mean streak) and didn't wait more than 10-15 minutes for anything all night. Maverick was posting a 35 minute wait at like 10 but that was about it.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I Love Donkeys!

Postby gearbm95 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:05 am

Anyone know if you're able to reach the Fridays at Breakers if you're not staying at Breakers or going to the park that day. We're coming in tomorrow night and only going to the park Saturday but wanted to have a couple drinks at the restaurant tomorrow night.

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:38 pm

gearbm95 wrote:Anyone know if you're able to reach the Fridays at Breakers if you're not staying at Breakers or going to the park that day. We're coming in tomorrow night and only going to the park Saturday but wanted to have a couple drinks at the restaurant tomorrow night.

when we stayed at Breakers in June, we had a friend of mine drive up to meet us for BarbQue, and he just told them at the front gate he had come in for the restaurant, and they let him thru without charging.

i'd imagine it's similar for TGI Fridays, tho wouldn't surprise me if you had to pay the $20 parking, and then just after eating go to front desk at Breakers to get reimbursed (I say this because they had told us that my friend would be charged, and that's what we would need to do, and to just show them restaurant receipt at front desk).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CP Maverick » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:04 pm

I should be there tomorrow evening as well. May not get there until 8pm though.
Original Maverick '99

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby ElectricUncleSam » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:23 am

Guys, I'm heading to CP on Saturday. In addition to all the usual stuff, plus the beginning of Haunt and finally getting an FL+ this year, I'll be seeing Skillet and maybe Casting Crowns. I'm considering doing a photo+TR, but all the pictures will be coming from my cell phone. Mind you, my phone's camera takes some pretty nice pics (I went to a car show, took about 40, didn't even have to break stride to get crystal clear stuff). Any advice or tips?
Been Riding For: 4 Years
Coaster Count: 80 (63 steel, 20 wood) at 14 Parks (9 states, 1 country, 1 continent, 1 planet)
Steel: 1: 1: Skyrush 2: Millennium Force 3: Storm Chaser 4: Goliath 5: Maverick
Wood: 1: Outlaw Run 2: Voyage 3: Great American Scream Machine 4: Georgia Cyclone 5: Mystic Timbers
Add me on Coasterbuzz: MohawkWarrior

Postby DILinator » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 pm

ElectricUncleSam wrote:Any advice or tips?

Don't go to CP on any Saturday during Haunt! (Especially if there is also a concert at the park that day!) ;)
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext