TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Georgia Cyclone will be shorter for sure. They don't have room to really expand.

uhhh, Mean Streak's footprint has not been expanded one single square inch, and yet Steel Vengeance will be over 300' longer, so the certainty of your statement above seems quite premature to me.

Also how come Six Flags didn't use the helix or at least the area where the helix was for Iron Rattler?

probably because Rattler's triple helix was a slow, boring, pace-killer that needed to go, or so i've heard (i never got to ride it myself).

Yep, didn't want to type out a full response, but I agree

Anyone else curious about Steel Vengeance's 27.2 second airtime record? Not that I'm doubting it, but I've never seen roller coasters ranked by seconds of airtime.

It would be interesting to see an RCDB style list of roller coasters with the most airtime.

It really is crazy to think how far RMC has come. I've been out of the coaster game for a while, and the last time I frequented these forums NTAG had just opened. At the time, everyone was amazed by the design, most riders agreed it was the best steel coaster in the US, and I remember how hyped everyone was over its 14 moments of airtime.

Now, NTAG is considered a mid-lower tier RMC, and Steel Vengeance just came out with least 20 moments of airtime, PLUS another 4 inversions, a 30% taller lift hill, AND a steeper drop.

As someone who ranks NTAG in my top 3 and who hasn't ridden many of the newer RMCs, that's pretty insane to think about.

Yeah if you Google "roller coaster seconds of airtime" you'll see it's pretty commonly referred to.

I've seen it in marketing materials, but I've never seen any sort of official rankings for the stat.

It's pretty easy to find lists of the tallest coasters. Coasters with the most seconds of airtime? I haven't seen anything.

Now, NTAG is considered a mid-lower tier RMC

Wait, it is??? From who??? I still think it's one of the best RMC coasters out there!

Most of the newer lists in this thread. But I'm glad to hear the original still holds its own.

I'm going to assume for a lot of people it's the "newness' factor and probably the "most recent ridden" factor. I'd be willing to bet if people went and rode Texas Giant again after riding all the other RMC's they have a difficult time not putting it in the top 5.

Wait, it is??? From who??? I still think it's one of the best RMC coasters out there!

Saying "low-tier RMC" is an oxymoron in itself. All ten RMCs I've ridden are in my top 25 coasters. NTG is definitely in the top half, I'd say - I love how long it is!

Damn...I don't check in for a day or two and it's like a coastergasm around here!

The new additions at the other parks all look great, but this...this is just over the top awesome looking! Holy balls am I happy that this is going to only be 3.5 hours from my house!

Not that CP needed to win me over as one of my top amusement parks, but this definitely knocks it out of the park and into a whole new league of awesomeness in terms of coaster insanity.

Well played, CP....well played.

Wow.

So not to detract from all the talk of Steel Vengeance which by the way looks amazing, can't wait! The middle and last lap will be insane, and the beginning will be no slouch either, looks to be a complete ride.

But I know everyone's fascination with "the boat" on here, and while attending yesterday's announcement event we parked near the marina. Walking back to the car I noticed this.

image1.thumb.JPG.b527d0268e479a825047b3453731250d.JPG

image2.thumb.JPG.6d1718bd085dd6f813742bc383f48e15.JPG

Yup that's the aftermath of the boat fire on Monday.

Am I the only one here who's skeptical on the whole most airtime in the world claim?

People seem to think Diamondback has more, so no, you're not the only one.

But I'm not skeptical at all, I think the back row first drop will make a run for that title without even adding the additional 5000+ feet of track.

Am I the only one here who's skeptical on the whole most airtime in the world claim?

watching the video i don't doubt it at all.

I counted 24 spots where there should be airtime. Add up the crazy amount of sustained airtime you're going to get on the first two big hills, you've got the record.

Also, anything that is a negative force gets counted, so you have to factor in all the inversions.

Pretty great looking coaster, those guys have definitely done what I didn't think was possible (in many ways). Huzzah to RMC, and Cedar Point.

Also, after plowing my way through 30-40 pages, I'm stunned that SVen has not been pegged as the quickest way to type out the name of this beast! I can picture them loading up the first train full of dudes named Sven.

RMC must be very proud of how much they've turned the ride industry on it's ear, it's really impressive.

Saying "low-tier RMC" is an oxymoron in itself. All ten RMCs I've ridden are in my top 25 coasters. NTAG is definitely in the top half, I'd say - I love how long it is!

Agreed! I've only ridden three RMC's so far, but all three are in my Top 10 currently, Top 9, really! (including the most maligned RMC, Goliath!) Maverick is a Top 3 coaster for me, and in constant consideration for my top spot (because as Robb says, really, when it comes to ranking these things, it's all semantics and minutiae anyway, and they're all about the same amount of awesome!), and "SVen" looks like it's going to blow it away come next year!

As someone who ranks NTAG in my top 3 and who hasn't ridden many of the newer RMCs, that's pretty insane to think about.

Ultimately, I still like NTAG the most out of the RMCs I've ridden, largely because it feels somewhat closer to a traditional coaster (it's more than just a sequence of gnarly ejector hills). This one looks like it might strike a good balance of speed and transit alongside RMC's trademark ejector moments.