TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Oh man... That's CGA, KBF, CP, KD, and SDC all on 8/16... Enthusiast Christmas is coming strong this year

Truth. We should have a lot to look forward to and follow during this off season.

And honestly, I think and end to the exhausting and baseless speculation (for all these parks) will be just about as nice as the announcements themselves!

I didn't know Kings Dominion also announced the 16th as announcement day?

A Kings Dominion fan site administrator has confirmed it will be 8/16, but no official word on social media/media announcements yet from KD.

Also, considering that the 3 other Cedar Fair parks getting coasters next year are announcing on August 16, I don't see why Kings Dominion would be any different.

That day can't come soon enough.

^ Besides that...

August 16, 2017 - Today's holidays are National Airborne Day, National Bratwurst Day, National Medical Dosimetrist Day, National Roller Coaster Day

Yum! (Besides National Roller Coaster Day)

I didn't know Kings Dominion also announced the 16th as announcement day?

A Kings Dominion fan site administrator has confirmed it will be 8/16, but no official word on social media/media announcements yet from KD.

Yes, but if you look at all of the information it's pretty obvious the announcement for the RMC conversion to Race For Your Life Ishmael will be announced for Kings Dominion on 08/16.

On Friday I was at the park and got to check out Mean Streak 2.0 progress, it's really coming along! It's been almost a month since I was last at the park and the lift hill is looking amazing. I can't wait to see it completed, it will stand out so much in the back of the park and look incredible from the midway. There's also ledgers being constructed for the 3rd and final lap of the ride layout. They're pretty low to the ground where the former queue entrance was so I'll be curious to find out where the new entrance will be, hopefully it still involves going underneath the structure like before.

August 16th (and the 2018 season) can't get here soon enough! I wrote up a full trip report with pictures from my trip, but here are a few Mean Streak pics.

http://thrillsawait.weebly.com/trip-reports/theyrecoming-thrills-and-maverick-marathons-back-to-the-point-721

IMG_5516.thumb.JPG.61de218ecea2079f3fc82465b8d7d6d4.JPG

IMG_5519.thumb.JPG.4ed1e0e0a03b5ab486ed424570e762f1.JPG

IMG_5520.thumb.JPG.83b9645c72232b1c7d7847434dbc019c.JPG

IMG_5521.thumb.JPG.0549382639de87f5efc7e630fc3d1464.JPG

IMG_5523.thumb.JPG.fbffafdd0975349f4c1608ba3c534263.JPG

IMG_5528.thumb.JPG.c6024a5ca5e280527f11af9dc17effd1.JPG

Considering most coasters CP has added have been added mostly in the spirit of adding something visually impressive/record breaking I imagine a huge RMC can easily squeeze into the parks top 2 coasters

I have ridden one RMC before (twisted colossus), so if this is ANYTHING close to that it will probably be my new #1 and would probably beat out maverick (like TC did)

Just popped in here to make sure this didn't go unnoticed:

Yes, but if you look at all of the information it's pretty obvious the announcement for the RMC conversion to Race For Your Life Ishmael will be announced for Kings Dominion on 08/16.

Some guy on the Coasterforce forum suggested that it seems like with all these teasers it's setting up for some type of shootout. I like where his head is at and I was thinking a name like "Gunslinger" would be an awesome name for the RMC Mean Streak. Just thinking that would be a very cool theme to a ride