TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Has construction slowed down on MS? Haven't seen much of an update since Coastermania.

I've seen and heard workers doing their thing around the ride but not much track has gone in. I very well could be wrong but they may have added more supports to the lift.

Definitely not cool to break rules.

But did you see that footage!? It was beautiful. Looking straight at the first drop, head-on and straight down. And an excellent geometry lesson looking at the structure, especially in that complete vertical orientation.

It almost look like pro-shot B-footage the park would pay to have done. Maybe they did.

...Geez, I never thought something so wrong could feel so right...

Try being gay and being raised in an overly religious family.

Story of my life...lol

Fortunately they've come around for the most part.

Now that I've posted it in Bert's and my TR, here's a neat ornament I found at the park's "Emporium" (it's along side the sky ride at the front - I think it's the Pagoda Gift Shop). Bert found them also available at the Hotel Breakers' Gift Shop, too. Other coasters in thin brass, as well as a few carousel horses, too. Pricey (mine cost me $22 plus tax), but I think it's a very nice unusual ornament to have for the Holly-Daze

Maverick01.JPG.8333443aae0e7b6de6744143fd2d8cae.JPG

In it's box.

Maverick02.JPG.6573f90a4eb3ffbf7623d459ac222900.JPG

Out of the box!

Maverick03.JPG.da59cb955ff70b8945e9bbb3ff689c7b.JPG

Side view, of a few 'layers' of brass.

Maverick04.JPG.273bccb4f4c3c133dfa72bd672032455.JPG

Pretty. And I loved Maverick! With all it's maintenance....quirks. (o;

Now that I've posted it in Bert's and my TR, here's a neat ornament I found at the park's "Emporium" (it's along side the sky ride at the front - I think it's the Pagoda Gift Shop).

Oh DANG. That is a thing of beauty! I hope they have some stock left when I get there in August. My wife's only souvenir request from any amusement parks I visit without her is usually to bring back a Christmas ornament. Haven't found many that look as nice as that, though.

Now that I've posted it in Bert's and my TR, here's a neat ornament I found at the park's "Emporium" (it's along side the sky ride at the front - I think it's the Pagoda Gift Shop).

Oh DANG. That is a thing of beauty! I hope they have some stock left when I get there in August. My wife's only souvenir request from any amusement parks I visit without her is usually to bring back a Christmas ornament. Haven't found many that look as nice as that, though.

they had many in the Breaker's Gift Shop (on the way into the main lobby, over by the wall with the books), and where Bill found his was at the main gift shop on the right as you come in the front gates.

they did NOT have them at the Pagoda gift shop (that I saw).. Breakers and the main promenade gift shop were the only two places I saw these ornaments (and Breakers had the more choices. . several coasters, carousel horses, and, I think, the train)

^ Okay, they're not at Pagoda. But, the gift shop the ornament was in, was I guess closer to the main entry of the park. My mistake.

IMG_4325.JPG.f0be6dd62aad822cddfd41cf2c743e1d.JPG

Somewhere there, is a gift shop that sells ornaments. (o;

^ I thought I did see it there, when we came off of Maverick the first time. But I later found it in that main gift shop on the "Midway."

But I did return for The T-shirt I wanted! Even though that was also available in other general gift shops, including Breakers Hotel GS.

But getting it at the coaster's gift shop itself, meant a bit more for the memory.

Tshirts04.JPG.7ab9db7c0942217da942e21e8ac0cfd5.JPG

Whoever is designing the merchandise that CP has been dishing out recently has been doing a fabulous job. Where at some parks I visit I have trouble finding something I would even consider wearing, CP has me struggling to not buy everything.

^ I thought I did see it there, when we came off of Maverick the first time. But I later found it in that main gift shop on the "Midway."

But I did return for The T-shirt I wanted! Even though that was also available in other general gift shops, including Breakers Hotel GS.

But getting it at the coaster's gift shop itself, meant a bit more for the memory.

I remember pointing out this particular shirt to you, and saying how much I liked it.

you went back on Monday to get it, right?