TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Interesting development...

No longer are you able to get near mean streak to get pictures as it's fenced off. Also, notice the yellow markings on the cement?

On a side note, there are a LOT of closed food and souvenir shops closed this weekend.

It was fenced off like that last weekend (from what I remember). Still, the best photos that can be taken right now are from Maverick's exit stairs on top of the station.

^^ & ^^^ FYI, if the storm's a brewing, I am NOT going to "be standing next to him" outside Breakers Hotel,

taking photos of the park. Heck - it's going to be a very long COCKTAIL HOUR!

streakCP2016.jpg.6a60fda2f16d96f1db9b24395ea97c06.jpg

Early Streak - posted back in 2016.

:nina:

Have fun guys! But that's a long way to go just for a photo. Better make it worth the trip and ride some coasters. You know, while you're in the neighbourhood.

we don't have park tix, that 1st night. . . so 3 days from now, will be outside looking in.

now, Coastermania! Friday morning?. . that's a very different story, thank yew verra much

I'm exited for you, Bert. You guys are going to have a blast.

my friend Don, who we likely will get to see on Sunday, already mentioned to me that the whole week is full of rain forecasts. . .but then admitted that the forecast will probably change 30 times between now and Friday.

but he suggested rain gear. . LOL

Last year the weather was beautiful on the Point while a huge line of storms went through just to the south. Had I been at Kings Island that day, I'd probably not have ridden much due to lightning. Lake weather is its own pattern, and it's hard to forecast. Don't worry about it; just go, hope for the best, and roll with whatever happens.

3 Days!

at this time in THREE DAYS!, I will be standing next to Nrthwnd, outside of Hotel Breakers, taking a picture of Cedar Point.

simpsons-homer-woo-hoo.gif

My trip is only slightly shorter, but I'll be right on your tail. My wife and I haven't been since 2009 and it will be the first visit for my 3 kids. They don't have a clue we're going either and we're not telling them until they can see the park.

Wait, doesn't that mean that the train station is inaccessible now? Or can you still get to it by Maverick? I can't remember lol.

The train is open. We rode it yesterday. This blocked off area is sort of over to the right.

Interesting development...

No longer are you able to get near mean streak to get pictures as it's fenced off.

Probably its closed off from that restaurant fire. I believe it was from that restaurant that's in the foreground of the picture on the left.

3 Days!

Count me in with the excited folks!

Same here, been waaaay too long since I've made a pilgrimage to the point. New creds, and with the ERT I expect a jam packed day.

Speaking of, I am trying to figure out a game plan, and I am curious how the lines, in early June, usually are for Rougarou and Valravn.

I was thinking of getting Gatekeeper out of the way, then Rougarou, Valravan (which knocks off all new creds) then spend the rest of ERT on MForce.

I then would go to Maverick for park opening to beat the crowds, then take the day from there.

Question being, is it worth putting Rougarou in there during ERT or should I just wait until during the day? Also, is it worth being at Maverick or TTD for park opening ie better to try and beat the normal crowds for?

My trip is only slightly shorter, but I'll be right on your tail. My wife and I haven't been since 2009 and it will be the first visit for my 3 kids. They don't have a clue we're going either and we're not telling them until they can see the park.

Awesome! All the way from Texas without a clue. Good job pulling that off up to this point. Have fun!

Speaking of, I am trying to figure out a game plan, and I am curious how the lines, in early June, usually are for Rougarou and Valravn.

I was thinking of getting Gatekeeper out of the way, then Rougarou, Valravan (which knocks off all new creds) then spend the rest of ERT on MForce.

I then would go to Maverick for park opening to beat the crowds, then take the day from there.

Question being, is it worth putting Rougarou in there during ERT or should I just wait until during the day? Also, is it worth being at Maverick or TTD for park opening ie better to try and beat the normal crowds for?

I think you have a good plan. In my experience, Rougarou's line was short all day, so I don't think it's absolutely essential during ERT. However, if it were me, I would definitely do it early anyway. I know it's super reliable, but if it's one you want to ride and have never ridden it before, I'd make sure. It's practially right next to Millennium Force, so it won't take much out of ERT to go ride it. Front row for the smoothest ride, back row outside is always the go to for B&M's most intense seat.

I think Maverick is the better choice, since TTD doesn't always open for resort ERT but Maverick does. I went to Maverick and rode it from 9 to 9:45, then ran to TTD at 10, when it opened with the park.

Awesome! All the way from Texas without a clue. Good job pulling that off up to this point. Have fun!

I think you have a good plan. In my experience, Rougarou's line was short all day, so I don't think it's absolutely essential during ERT. However, if it were me, I would definitely do it early anyway. I know it's super reliable, but if it's one you want to ride and have never ridden it before, I'd make sure. It's practially right next to Millennium Force, so it won't take much out of ERT to go ride it. Front row for the smoothest ride, back row outside is always the go to for B&M's most intense seat.

I think Maverick is the better choice, since TTD doesn't always open for resort ERT but Maverick does. I went to Maverick and rode it from 9 to 9:45, then ran to TTD at 10, when it opened with the park.

Ah excellent, thanks! Glad this is in agreement, in my experience getting to TTD fairly quickly still kept line pretty short. Also I did have a brain fart...just because our ERT is Wicked Twister/Blue Streak from 9-10 doesn't mean we're excluded from Maverick during that time. I mean right? No way/they wont keep coastermania and resort guests separate?

Correct. To ride Blue Streak or Wicked Twister, you must have the Coastermania lanyard, but every guest in the park at that time can ride any other ride that's open, whether they are there as a resort guest, a Coastermania guest, or a platinum passholder.

I don't know if you saw my post about my trip there coasterbill, but you would have been proud of my son's stance on the Sky Ride!

I am, I'm glad he talked some sense into you. Skipping Sky Ride because it had a "long line"... I've never heard such a ridiculous idea in my life

Anyway, as everyone probably knows by now we were on a coaster road trip this weekend and ended it at Cedar Point. We got there around 4:00 on Sunday and went back yesterday from Early Entry until about 4:30 when we had to head home. As with the other parks, I'll have a full report eventually but I wanted to share some quick thoughts.

Despite having a limited amount of time, we got a TON of rides in (many more than we expected). This was thanks in part to the scattered showers and storms on Sunday night which did impact us a little but at the same time whenever they cleared up we basically had free reign of the park and every single ride was a 5 minute wait or less. Most of the time it wasn't raining at all between storms or was just drizzling so aside from a few random storms where we would pop into a gift shop for a few minutes and rain that started around 9:15 and didn't let up (causing us to leave a little early) we managed to stay dry and have a great time.

In essentially one full day we managed to get on every major coaster in the park except for Mine Ride, Wicked Twister, Blue Streak, Iron Dragon, Corkscrew (because it sucks) and Dragster (despite 2 attempts). We managed multiple rides on Millennium Force, Maverick (we didn't even have to get off the train on Maverick on Sunday so we just kept riding), Gatekeeper and Valravn and we also managed to ride Power Tower, Maxair, CP&LE Railroad, Skyhawk and Sky Ride. Brit also rode Witches Wheel while I rode Magnum because she hates Magnum.

Anyway, a few random thoughts / observations

- The Frontier trail changes look nice. I like the placement of Fantasy Fling and the cool Professor Dilbert thing out front and the Pony Rides are cute too. They really enhance the feel of that area a lot.

- The new gate by Magnum looks great. It really freshens up that whole area. I like how Magnum wraps around it too, it makes it look like it was there forever.

- New Mean Streak looks great. I didn't take any pictures (there are a million of those floating around already) but I'm really happy with it. I love Iron Horse coasters but can't deny that they're generally pretty ugly rides (at least with the two I've seen, Wicked Cyclone and Storm Chaser). I was sort of bummed that Mean Streak (which love it or hate it is one of the most beautiful coasters in America) would turn into some weird looking Franken-coaster like Wicked Cyclone but not only does this ride look like a ton of fun but it's really aesthetically pleasing and we were really happy to see that.

- Dragster wasn't a priority for us but with no lines on Sunday we had to give it a shot. We saw them testing after a storm and hopped in line, we waited about 10 minutes and were next for the front row when it went down for weather and never reopened. One glance at the radar made it clear that it wouldn't reopen so we bailed pretty quickly. The next day we tried again but it broke down and we decided to bail after awhile. 0 for 2 on Dragster but we have Kingda Ka at our home park so I can't complain... plus we've ridden Dragster a ton over the years.

- This new Cedar Fair drink plan with the throwaway cups is amazing and everyone should buy it. I hate souvenir cups because they're annoying to carry around but I LOVE this plan.

- Finally, it was great to see JRice92 again and meet blakelemay23 at Sky Ride. you guys are awesome, keep up the great work.

Correct. To ride Blue Streak or Wicked Twister, you must have the Coastermania lanyard, but every guest in the park at that time can ride any other ride that's open, whether they are there as a resort guest, a Coastermania guest, or a platinum passholder.

Excellent. This changes my plans, and in a good way. Thanks everyone, as always you've helped make my trip planning way better. This is gunna be one helluva day

Brit also rode Witches Wheel while I rode Magnum because she hates Magnum.

Does she know your trick for riding it?

Finally, it was great to see JRice92 again and meet blakelemay23 at Sky Ride. you guys are awesome, keep up the great work.

Is JRice92 on Valravn this year? I remember seeing him kicking ass on Millennium Force the last two years but thought I remembered reading that he was moving rides this year.

Sounds like you guys had a good trip!