TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If you win a stuffed animal take it to the car.

What is the policy on this at most parks? I thought I read somewhere that you get a hand stamp at CP and other CF parks but I've never tried it. We usually hire a locker to keep jackets or other warm clothing in for when the weather turns or sun goes down, but I'd rather not if I have a close parking space.

If you win a stuffed animal take it to the car.

What is the policy on this at most parks? I thought I read somewhere that you get a hand stamp at CP and other CF parks but I've never tried it. We usually hire a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo to keep jackets or other warm clothing in for when the weather turns or sun goes down, but I'd rather not if I have a close parking space.

Every park I have ever been to offers some sort of reentry if you go to your car, with the exception of some Halloween events. You usually have to get a handstamp even if you have a season pass as they generally only scan once per day per park, but now that Cedar Fair has photos on file you can scan as much as you want. Day tickets will need a hand stamp however.

Edit: Some parks are weird about reentry of your CAR to the parking lot, but generally if you have your receipt they will let you back in for the day. I know I've done it at Cedar Point in the past, and technically we generally have 2 season passes so we could always just use the other one if we want to leave and come back to say Wonderland, which I think does not offer car re-entry for some reason. I *think*. I could be wrong, though.

Regarding hand stamps/re-entering the park to go to your car, anonymouscactus is correct. Often the last 2 hours of the day they won't let you re-enter but there will be a sign up before you exit saying if you cannot re-enter.

Looks like there was another water main problem yesterday. Thank God for the new water tower!

WHAAAT?? It's getting near Coastermania (this Friday), and time for another catastrophic event following it. We've had power outages and water main breaks. I can't wait to see what happens this Saturday. I'll be there this weekend.

Question for you CP regulars:

I'm going to be visiting the park on July 4 and July 5 (coming from Florida).

We are going to get FL+ for one of the two days.

Right now, the cost for FL+ for July 4 is $30 more per person compared to July 5.

How do I interpret this - as though they are expecting large crowds on the 4th so I'm better getting FL+ on July 4 as opposed to July 5?

^ That is the way that I would interpret the cost increase. Although I would expect both days to be busy as people take extended holidays around the 4th, no matter what day the 4th falls (Sunday this year).

FL+ is always more expensive on weekends and holidays than on other days.

^ That is the way that I would interpret the cost increase. Although I would expect both days to be busy as people take extended holidays around the 4th, no matter what day the 4th falls (Sunday this year).

The 4th is on a Tuesday this year.

The 4th is on a Tuesday this year.

Flip the calendar two months, Phil...not one!

Interesting development...

No longer are you able to get near mean streak to get pictures as it's fenced off. Also, notice the yellow markings on the cement?

On a side note, there are a LOT of closed food and souvenir shops closed this weekend.

20170529_124142.thumb.jpg.b2ca0c1b9165c865e6adb0c6bdca3c3a.jpg