TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Well, "just in case," I'll have my Nagashima SpaLand poncho with me

(took it on most of my TPR tours), as well as comfy waterproof shoes to wear.

And a cap.

G_02Castle_TDL.jpg.e1765410326b87fd85f193d1fbd0ac23.jpg

"We three" in our rainwear ~ Mike, Peter and myself on the TPR 2007 Japan Tour.

Yeah deff hoping the weather is good for early June, especially as I'm there just 1 day. Fickle is indeed the word for it, I recall at times it can go from "Well we need a boat to even leave this place" to blue and sunny an hour later. Let's hope the weather is A OK! I took for granted being able to go every year/when I feel like with little more effort than "anyone wanna go with?" and it was just a day's drive away. Hell the whole north was like that, I do now feel the pain of those who have to plan long in advance and anguish if the one chance will be rainy. Yes, emergency beers will be kept just in case

Remember last year, the infamous "water spout picture" (which I took, incidentally )? Well, that day was a perfect example of the crazy weather possible there at CP. Even though there was literally a water spout not far from CP, and roiling storm clouds over Lake Erie, there was no rain over the park, and I don't think anything shut down, even for high winds, the whole day. The weather is simply that hit or miss when it comes to Cedar Point, and the peninsula. Like I said before, you just go, and hope it all works out for you to have a full day of goodness! And more often than not, it does...

Oh wow, I am not familiar with it actually, I basically was off this site (and parks) for a year and a halfish as I moved to FL and started grad school, (life gets in the way of what matters ) please share again though, that sounds like a fascinating picture.

Yeah I have only been in June twice, did seem a little whacky but 95% of the the time was fine weather wise. Bugs were pretty nuts, not an issue I had either in early May or Sept

What is the weather like during october?

Did you completely miss the past few pages of the thread that basically summed it up as "you cannot predict the weather at Cedar Point"?

Somebody posted a picture on Facebook of a new beer brewed for cedarpoint called "iron horse". I went back to grab the picture, and it's now gone. Perhaps this could possibly be a tease for the name of mean streak 2.0?

Like everyone has stated, weather forecasts for Cedar Point are pretty much useless, regardless of the season. I've seen days in October where one day it would be snowing, the next it could be 70º and sunny. It's bipolar midwestern weather on meth.

Somebody posted a picture on Facebook of a new beer brewed for cedarpoint called "iron horse". I went back to grab the picture, and it's now gone. Perhaps this could possibly be a tease for the name of mean streak 2.0?

Not new, it's been around since at least the 2015 season.

You can't predict the weather at Cedar Point ever but weather in October especially unpredictable. It could be anything from 70 and sunny to 35 with sleet and 60 MPH winds in the course of one weekend.

Also not sure about anyone else but that photo doesn't show up for me, I was however able to see your link when I quoted you. Its helpful if you save and attach the image instead of linking to another website.

Did you completely miss the past few pages of the thread that basically summed it up as "you cannot predict the weather at Cedar Point"?

I was only joking I am one of the people who said to stop talking about the weather all the time!

Also the picture shows fine for me.

^ Well, "just in case," I'll have my Nagashima SpaLand poncho with me

(took it on most of my TPR tours), as well as comfy waterproof shoes to wear.

And a cap.

ooo.. going to put a poncho with my "to be packed" pile right now.

sheesh. .I really hope for good weather on 6/2. . would be a shame if we have crappy weather for Coastermania!

DAYptVgXYAI8YHy.jpg

The two inversions look similar, but I'm sure they will feel drastically different!

So is the second inversion a stall or a roll? I can't tell from the angles

I heard it was like a full inverting stengel dive that rotates left, inverts and rotates the opposite way (the way it exits)

Maybe it was a teaser back in 2015 that we never paid attention to. I'm sure the park new about RMC Mean Streak back in 2015.

Mean Streak is getting the Iron Horse Treatment.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and I'm overthinking things.

I don't recall seeing anyone suggest that Meaner Streak 2.0 has a "quad down" - not the same style as Lightning Rod but also noteworthy.

The first inversion leads to a down curve to the right.

Overbank then drops lower than the curve.

Second inversion has a big downwards semi-drop.

Then a small drop after that.

Looks spectacular.

I heard it was like a full inverting stengel dive that rotates left, inverts and rotates the opposite way (the way it exits)

The second inversion is a stall, similar to that of Wicked Cyclone's but more banking and a drop out of it.

This clearly explains it:

Maybe it was a teaser back in 2015 that we never paid attention to. I'm sure the park new about RMC Mean Streak back in 2015.

This wouldn't happen as nice as it may seem simply due to Maverick being horse related and directly next door. But I do believe that iron horse was used intentionally as a teaser for what's being done currently.

The second inversion is a stall, similar to that of Wicked Cyclone's but more banking and a drop out of it.

This clearly explains it:

This wouldn't happen as nice as it may seem simply due to Maverick being horse related and directly next door. But I do believe that iron horse was used intentionally as a teaser for what's being done currently.

That's what I thought but wasn't 100%

I have a few questions for some of you. I make a annual trip out to Cedar Point every summer. Before I go I look around at hotels and read guests reviews about trying to find the best hotel in Sandusky to stay for a week. I'm going June 19 through June 24. I was looking at Hotel Breakers I booked a room on Sunday made a reservation for 4 nights. I'm doing the easy payment plan 4 equal payments the first one is charged to your visa to hold the room. My question is this will be my first time ever staying at Hotel Breakers I would like to know if it's worth making the investment trying to spend money and have a nice place to stay for a week at Cedar Point and I would like to here from some of you what it was like for the first time staying at Hotel Breakers and how are the rooms and beds? I got the standard room king bed non smoking. I have always wanted to stay at Hotel Breakers because it's right on the Lake front and within walking distance from the Magnum XL 200. I'm driving from Minnesota 15 hour drive my plan is to leave Sunday evening at 7:00 pm arrive around noon I'm also planning to stop at Conneaut Lake Park because it's 40 minutes away and I can't check in till 4:00 pm then go sleep for the night and Tuesday plan to stay at Cedar Point for the day.

I can't speak to the new rooms at Breakers, as it's been a long time since I stayed there with my family. But the last 2 times I went to CP were within the last 5 years; I stayed in a cottage at Lighthouse Point last year, and at Sandcastle Suites in Oct 2013. Personally, if it's at all possible, I think I'll stay on the peninsula for future trips to CP. It is so convenient to be able to just walk back to your room/cabin whenever you want to take a break or grab a bite to eat. Throw in the early entry, and it's not a question for me. Love staying at the locations on the peninsula.

I have a few questions for some of you. I make a annual trip out to Cedar Point every summer. Before I go I look around at hotels and read guests reviews about trying to find the best hotel in Sandusky to stay for a week. I'm going June 19 through June 24. I was looking at Hotel Breakers I booked a room on Sunday made a reservation for 4 nights. I'm doing the easy payment plan 4 equal payments the first one is charged to your visa to hold the room. My question is this will be my first time ever staying at Hotel Breakers I would like to know if it's worth making the investment trying to spend money and have a nice place to stay for a week at Cedar Point and I would like to here from some of you what it was like for the first time staying at Hotel Breakers and how are the rooms and beds? I got the standard room king bed non smoking. I have always wanted to stay at Hotel Breakers because it's right on the Lake front and within walking distance from the Magnum XL 200. I'm driving from Minnesota 15 hour drive my plan is to leave Sunday evening at 7:00 pm arrive around noon I'm also planning to stop at Conneaut Lake Park because it's 40 minutes away and I can't check in till 4:00 pm then go sleep for the night and Tuesday plan to stay at Cedar Point for the day.

I've stayed at all the Cedar Point resorts. Whether it's worth it is relative to your standards and expectations. In May (which is when we always go), the rooms are reasonably priced and the perks mentioned are so awesome. Since the renovation, I love Hotel Breakers. Relaxing by the outdoor fireplaces after a long day was great.

7 days at Cedar Point would be overkill for me and the price of staying at the resorts would add up to much. Your 4 nights will be plenty. I would definitely hit up Kings Island during your stay. CLP is about 3 hours away, not 40 min. If your heading that way for a day, you might as well stop by Waldemeer for the Ravine Flyer!

Hi we stayed at Hotel Breakers twice last year and really enjoyed it. I think it is worth the money to be that close to the park and the resort. The grounds are beautiful and you can spend a day there. I agree 7 days would be a lot we did 4 both times and that was great. In addition to there we visited Kalahari Waterpark in Sandusky for 2 days and it was awesome! Just another thing to possibly do. I am going back in October and will be staying at the Breakers again! Enjoy!