TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I just happened to turn on the webcams and saw a live Gatekeeper valley. You could tell it was screwed as soon as it went over the "airtime hill". The wind is insane, I don't know what the hell they were thinking. It's between the dive loop thing and the first pass over the gate. This isn't exactly big news, but it was fun to watch. I'm sure maintenance isn't quite as entertained.

I find it funny that they moved the Webcam so that you can't see the train.

Surely, they've been following the SFA/SFNE threads and only wanted to nip all the forthcoming Gatekeeper walleyed omg will it be taered down speculation in the bud.

Holy Crapola!!! That airtime hill before the first inversion!!!

And that's after rocketing down a steep 100+ ft. drop from an outward banked airtime hill.

This ride keeps looking like so much damn fun!

I'm very happy to see that our favorite twitter account is back in business.

I've always lived a long ways from real parks, but try to make the pilgrimage every year to a few of them. In late February, as I was watching the progress on the yet to be announced Coaster going in at my favorite park - I decided to look into what spots might be available to transfer. Preferably near Roller Coaster heaven/nirvana. Turns out I'm one of 3 finalists in a location that's 1 hour away from CP, 2.5 from KI, 5.5 to Holiday World, 8 hours to El Toro, 8.5 to BG Williamsburg, and 6 hours to Hershey.

Considering it takes 8 hours to go to Valley Fair, (12 to SFGAm from where I live now)...Guess what I'm thinking about?

Are the schools good? Tax rate? Plenty of Chicks? Cost of living? Crime?

None of the above. All I can think about is being 1 hour from CP, 2.5 to KI, 5.5 to Holiday World, 8 to El Toro, 8.5 to BGW, and 6 hours to Hershey. My boys' think the same thing. So my little hobby has taken over my life, officially...and I couldn't be happier. Shout out to Tony making that thing happen, and the "non-marketing" marketing strategy is brilliant on so many levels. Good on ya, mate.

I've always lived a long ways from real parks, but try to make the pilgrimage every year to a few of them. In late February, as I was watching the progress on the yet to be announced Coaster going in at my favorite park - I decided to look into what spots might be available to transfer. Preferably near Roller Coaster heaven/nirvana. Turns out I'm one of 3 finalists in a location that's 1 hour away from CP, 2.5 from KI, 5.5 to Holiday World, 8 hours to El Toro, 8.5 to BG Williamsburg, and 6 hours to Hershey.

Considering it takes 8 hours to go to Valley Fair, (12 to SFGAm from where I live now)...Guess what I'm thinking about?

Are the schools good? Tax rate? Plenty of Chicks? Cost of living? Crime?

None of the above. All I can think about is being 1 hour from CP, 2.5 to KI, 5.5 to Holiday World, 8 to El Toro, 8.5 to BGW, and 6 hours to Hershey. My boys' think the same thing. So my little hobby has taken over my life, officially...and I couldn't be happier. Shout out to Tony making that thing happen, and the "non-marketing" marketing strategy is brilliant on so many levels. Good on ya, mate.

If your going to Kings Island you have to stop at Kentucky Kingdom. Its a awesome little park. It was one of my favorite parks I went to last year. It beat out SFGAm, Holiday World and Indiana Beach. We did those 4 parks in one week and KK was by far the highlight of the trip. Only parks that beat it were Kings Island and Carowinds

Turns out I'm one of 3 finalists in a location that's 1 hour away from CP, 2.5 from KI, 5.5 to Holiday World, 8 hours to El Toro, 8.5 to BG Williamsburg, and 6 hours to Hershey.

Would you be saying 'Go Mud Hens'?

If your going to Kings Island you have to stop at Kentucky Kingdom. Its a awesome little park. It was one of my favorite parks I went to last year. It beat out SFGAm, Holiday World and Indiana Beach. We did those 4 parks in one week and KK was by far the highlight of the trip. Only parks that beat it were Kings Island and Carowinds

I'm in Greater Detroit so that's good info. I might skip SFGAm though and add KI.

Well look what's on the webcam.

A structure full of hopes and dreams?

Anyway...back to CP. Now that I live in Greater Detroit (don't feel sorry for me, it was by choice) I have Platinum Passes for me and my family. Is CP on opening weekend a dumb idea?

CG

That looks absolutely amazing.

Agreed, it's tough to see much from that distance but it's cool to see the park finally showing off the ride in some official capacity.

Anyway...back to CP. Now that I live in Greater Detroit (don't feel sorry for me, it was by choice) I have Platinum Passes for me and my family. Is CP on opening weekend a dumb idea?

If you have a Platinum Pass then no. I STRONGLY recommend that anyone without a pass who can't go a few times a season avoids opening weekend as rides are generally plagued by downtime, some rides won't be ready and the weather can be sketchy but if you live nearby and have a pass then you should absolutely go, just anticipate these opening day jitters in advance and you'll have a great time.

Today on the NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns made their 4th round selection at Cedar Point with Iron Dragon in the background. Looked like a gross day to be at an amusement park, but it was nice to hear a coaster running in the background.

Turns out I'm one of 3 finalists in a location that's 1 hour away from CP, 2.5 from KI, 5.5 to Holiday World, 8 hours to El Toro, 8.5 to BG Williamsburg, and 6 hours to Hershey.

Mud Hens are a bit further from KI. Central Ohio, near Mansfield, would be my guess.

Mud Hens are a bit further from KI. Central Ohio, near Mansfield, would be my guess.

Mud Hens are in Toledo, so that might not be too far off.

Friends and family day for the ride ops I believe. So wish I was there.

^ That "might" answer your question as to whether the park is open today.