TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hello there, I'm a bit of a newbie user and I have some questions about the park as I'm doing a trip with a group of friends this summer. I've been out of the loop as far as coasters and attractions go, minus what coasters are and are not there anymore. I'm pretty sure this year there is an upgrade to the water park that is right next to the park, and I think that there is an update to Mean Streak, but I'm not certain. I have a few questions about the park, and it'd be wonderful if any of you guys would be able to answer me. These questions are more for the 'planning' phase if anything, so they have more to do with trip planning and such.

1. Does the water park require a separate entrance fee?

2. Are there any good discounts that run throughout the year? This can be online promo codes or just coupons that are placed in fast food buildings.

3. Is two days enough to do everything in the park? Our intentions are to do this trip on a Monday and a Tuesday (with drive days being Sunday and Wednesday)

4. As for hotels, how is the Echo Lodge North Sandusky? Its right outside of the park, and if memory serves me well the area just outside the park didn't appear too bad.

5. Are there any good places to eat in or outside the park. I'm going on the assumption that Cedar Point food is the same as Kings Dominion food as they have the same parent company.

Thats all I'd like to ask for now. I may have questions closer to when I actually go on the trip.

Hello I would like to add the the Midway Market in the park is really good. It is an all you can eat buffet. I think it runs about $14.00. The food is really good and it is air conditioned. Chickie's and Pete's was good. We were there for 3 days and it was great. We can only come out once maybe twice a year. We like to spend as many days as possible.

Enjoy

I looked at the alignment of Power Tower and Wicked Twister. If you open a map and draw a line from Power Tower and across Wicked Twister right next to the forward spike and then continue dragging that line, it ends up hitting land just west of Vermillion, OH, about 15 miles away.

Correct. I ended up at the same location by looking at the angle of MF's lifthill and first drop (since the photo is taken dead-on MF) and I also googled the sunset angle for Sandusky.

The dedication!

I looked at the alignment of Power Tower and Wicked Twister. If you open a map and draw a line from Power Tower and across Wicked Twister right next to the forward spike and then continue dragging that line, it ends up hitting land just west of Vermillion, OH, about 15 miles away.

Correct. I ended up at the same location by looking at the angle of MF's lifthill and first drop (since the photo is taken dead-on MF) and I also googled the sunset angle for Sandusky.

The dedication!

I'm a photographer, so I'm often looking beyond what's seen in an image.

Plane tickets bought. Tis official, will make my first trip the point in several years

Can't wait for the new creds. Hmm....is Rougarou a new cred? Hope an epic debate is not started

What defines a credit is completely subjective, but I would absolutely count Rougarou as a new credit.

I count it as a new experience so therefore a new cred. I also count rides that have moved from one park to another as separate credits.

I dont go that far, but I do think the experience is different enough to count it. Im not too anal about the # but I do agree with you and thrillseeker.

I see your point but remember Rougarou is a stand up coaster turned floorless with a new name, theme, and ride experience.

Using that argument, you could argue that Mind Eraser at SFNE is a new credit this year because it got brand new trains with a different experience - It's not a different credit. Re-names and re-themes do not constitute new credits either.

Sure, and it's worth noting the new experience, but it's definitely not a new credit. The track is exactly the same. coaster-count.com counts marks each iteration as the equivalent of riding a relocated credit (which is also not a new credit) - I think that's a fair way of counting it.

I see your point but remember Rougarou is a stand up coaster turned floorless with a new name, theme, and ride experience.

Using that argument, you could argue that Mind Eraser at SFNE is a new credit this year because it got brand new trains with a different experience - It's not a different credit. Re-names and re-themes do not constitute new credits either.

Sure, and it's worth noting the new experience, but it's definitely not a new credit. The track is exactly the same. coaster-count.com counts marks each iteration as the equivalent of riding a relocated credit (which is also not a new credit) - I think that's a fair way of counting it.

So what about the great nor ester at MP? New track and new trains

So what about the great nor ester at MP? New track and new trains

Maybe if most of the track was completely replaced? But my understanding is that only a couple of sections were touched. But yeah, that's much closer to a new credit than Rougarou.

*In my conservative coaster counting opinion of course. You guys can do whatever you want, credits don't matter.

4. That hotel isnt bad but Cedar Point Express is BRAND new just remodeled and rooms are around $80 a night. Plus if you stay at a Cedar Point hotel you get early entry as well along with discounted tickets. If you really want to spend a it more Hotel Breakers is AMAZING at the park plus you can just walk to your room at the end of the night.

Yeah I'm staying in CPE in 2.5 weeks for my first trip up there and am looking forward to the renovated/new rooms. From the pics I've seen everything looks very nice. I know that it was a bit rundown before but now it is quite a deal. I got a great rate plus early entry and got a really good deal on tickets through the hotel. I'll be sure to post a TR after my stay with pics/review of the renovated rooms and everything.

Plane tickets bought. Tis official, will make my first trip the point in several years

Can't wait for the new creds. Hmm....is Rougarou a new cred? Hope an epic debate is not started

Whatever floats your coaster credit dick-boat.

Standing up or sitting down it's just an alright ride, and personally I don't think it made much of a difference. People are stepping off of Patriot on the West coast and saying there's a huuuuge difference. For Mantis/Roug, the change didn't seem to affect how many people line up for it.

Whatever floats your coaster credit dick-boat.

Standing up or sitting down it's just an alright ride, and personally I don't think it made much of a difference. People are stepping off of Patriot on the West coast and saying there's a huuuuge difference. For Mantis/Roug, the change didn't seem to affect how many people line up for it.

Nah I can't imagine there's much of a difference except it may be a bit more comfortable. Ride wise yeah I'm not expecting much. I don't really cred whore/get that crazy about it. Just thought it may be fun to start a "is it?" debate ha

I found Rougarou to be slightly less mediocre than Mantis without the pain.

On the subject of coaster credits, I count credits based on time of day, day of week, and weather. Riding on a warm sunny day is a different experience than riding in the rain and so is riding at night, so I count all of those as separate credits. Really makes it impressive when I tell people how many coaster experiences I've had.

Interesting.

OMG who gives a f***!??!

Edited by prozach626

Interesting.

OMG who gives a f***!??!

You're so much better than us - How do I get to be as cool as you? We're all just so lame, discussing roller coasters on a theme park website. Please just tell me how to be as cool as you!

EDIT: But seriously? If you don't care about credits, why comment? Why such an elitist attitude towards fellow geeks? You're also cruising a theme park website everyday just like the rest of us, get over yourself.

Interesting.

OMG who gives a f***!??!

You're so much better than us - How do I get to be as cool as you? We're all just so lame, discussing roller coasters on a theme park website. Please just tell me how to be as cool as you!

EDIT: But seriously? If you don't care about credits, why comment? Why such an elitist attitude towards fellow geeks? You're also cruising a theme park website everyday just like the rest of us, get over yourself.

Interesting.

OMG who gives a f***!??!

Because counting credits is dumb. By definition, an enthusiast is a person who is highly interested in a particular activity or subject, right? But why brag over how many you've experienced said activity or subject? I mean, if you're a gaming enthusiast you don't brag about how many games you have, otherwise you look like a loser. If you're a car enthusiast, you don't brag about how many cars you have, otherwise you look like a jerk.

Point is, counting credits is fine, but if you're really gonna argue about getting the same coaster as a new credit, that makes you the laughingstock.

rant.jpg>

Interesting.

OMG who gives a f***!??!

Because counting credits is dumb. By definition, an enthusiast is a person who is highly interested in a particular activity or subject, right? But why brag over how many you've experienced said activity or subject? I mean, if you're a gaming enthusiast you don't brag about how many games you have, otherwise you look like a loser. If you're a car enthusiast, you don't brag about how many cars you have, otherwise you look like a jerk.

Point is, counting credits is fine, but if you're really gonna argue about getting the same coaster as a new credit, that makes you the laughingstock.

rant.jpg>

People who are gaming enthusiasts brag about their achievement score all the time. Hell people brag all the time in video games about their various scores. Its a fun thing people do to keep track and its no big deal if people want to discuss what counts and what doesn't. Not everyone has to do it to enjoy the community, but liking to do it doesn't make you a worse person.

This discussion has been taking place for decades among enthusiasts that like to count credits and there's never been and will never be a real resolution. If counting credits is your thing then count whatever you want to count, nobody will ever agree anyway and in the end it doesn't really matter because it's just an arbitrary d*ck waving contest. There's nothing wrong with counting credits, I do it (though I don't take it all that seriously and don't seek out stupid credits or ride kids coasters) but I completely understand why people are sick and tired of this recurring debate that never leads to anything resembling a resolution. This conversation almost always descends into people taking a hobby that should be laid back and fun way too seriously. I'm not saying that's what's specifically happening here, it just usually ends up being the case when this conversation comes up.