TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

if things continue like this, this might just be the craziest roller coaster ever built.

I'm betting this will be the craziest ride ever built. Especially going off some of the photos we have already seen. This is Cedar Point, and they love to go for extreme, limit pushing rides. I have no doubt that they could have gone to RMC and said "Build us the most extreme, awesome, crazy ride humanly possible."

Which could also be one of the reasons the park is being so hush, hush about the project. They don't want another park to get wind of what's being built, and sweep in to design something "better" and steal Mean Streak's thunder before it's even opened.

#JustAThought

Which could also be one of the reasons the park is being so hush, hush about the project. They don't want another park to get wind of what's being built, and sweep in to design something "better" and steal Mean Streak's thunder before it's even opened.

#JustAThought

It takes far, far longer to design, manufacture, and build a ride anywhere close to this scale than 14 months, which is how long they'd have if this was announced today.

And if they tried to go with RMC, it wouldn't be until like 2020 (they are supposedly booked solid for a few years, yes?).

Photography (video or still) and social media posting is allowed on the tour, unless otherwise noted by your tour guide. There will be areas where photography will not be permitted.

I have a high degree of certainty that people are going just to get pictures of RMC Streak to gain credit in the enthusiast community. (Credit usually means nothing, but keep in mind what type of enthusiast we're dealing with)

They see this:

Photography (video or still) and social media posting is allowed on the tour, unless otherwise noted by your tour guide. There will be areas where photography will not be permitted you need to be careful that you don't get caught while taking pictures.

I hope it will be one of the most extreme if not the most extreme coaster in the world! Then again I dont want to get my hopes up and be disappointed if its not. I often see much older folks in the youtube comments mention how the coasters of their days were super intense and how you wouldnt see any coaster like it these days. For example how many people said the Bobs in Riverview would of been the most extreme coaster if it was still around. Clearly we all know thats most like an exaggeration. Especially since we do have super extreme coasters now that would blow those older defunct ones out of the water! But if RMC Meanstreak was going to be the worlds most intense coaster I bet it will get those elderly people regret ever saying how those old coasters put our modern coasters to shame! Heck now even before the RMC meanstreak we all dream of is existing there is a lot of "omg im gonna diiiieee!!! coasters out there now that are modern. It would be interesting to see how those older people would think of a coaster like I305,Fury325,El Toro,KK,Top Thrill,the new Meanstreak etc. I just assume they thought that because older coasters didnt need the lapbars and seatbelts we have one coasters now.So lack of restraints made said rides a lot scarier then they really were. Todays extreme coasters you would most likely be ejected from the ride without modern restraints!

After catching a glimpse of the much discussed picture earlier today, all I can say is the guys at RMC designing these layouts are seriously messed up in the best way possible!!!

That banked hill element is just plain f***ed up....and I love it!!! Seriously, the apex looks so sharp, then it immediately banks as it drops down....I can't even imagine what that insanity will feel like, nor can I even imagine what all they have up their sleeves with the rest of the layout!

And having this a short drive from me at a park I already love the crap out of is just awesome!

This and Maverick right next to each other?? Shoot, I'll never have to leave Frontier Town....ok, maybe for an occasional breather lap on Millennium!

Photography (video or still) and social media posting is allowed on the tour, unless otherwise noted by your tour guide. There will be areas where photography will not be permitted.

I have a high degree of certainty that people are going just to get pictures of RMC Streak to gain credit in the enthusiast community. (Credit usually means nothing, but keep in mind what type of enthusiast we're dealing with)

They see this:

Photography (video or still) and social media posting is allowed on the tour, unless otherwise noted by your tour guide. There will be areas where photography will not be permitted you need to be careful that you don't get caught while taking pictures.

Oh I definitely know it! I keep going over and over in my head if there is any way they would take us on a construction tour of Mean Streak, but because of said above types, it seems more likely that they won't.

Still, getting excited even as the weather is going haywire right now! Forecast says it might even snow tomorrow. Bummer because today was so nice.

Also the think about the pictures that i don't understand is that they have an American flag on the top of the turn. I thought they always did that as a topping of the highest part of the ride?

Maybe the turn is the highest part of the ride?? (I know, I know. . . But hear me out.)

Maybe we are going to see a Maverick style coaster, where it will have the lift hill, and half of the ride. . . And after that, instead of the MCBR being high up. . . Maybe it will be a low to the ground MCBR that goes into a launch (Maverick style) which will launch the train into the tophat/turn/thing that we are seeing in the photo which could actually end up being the highest part of the ride?? I know, highly un-likely. . . But possible, considering we know nothing about the ride at this point.

Or, maybe the flag is there because the highest point of the ride (the lift hill) isn't done yet??

That is one strange-looking element. I wonder how much of it is due to the angle of the camera? I recall when Twisted Colossus was being built, an image of the double-down popped up online that look really bizarre and intense until it was seen from different angles. I can't imagine how an outward-banked drop would even work, so my guess it that it'll follow the smaller dip of the original, only with a curve left and right. Then again, it's RMC so it could very well be as insane as it looks in that shot.

Maybe the flag is just there temporary because the lift hill construction hasn't exceeded that height yet. No way the lift hill isn't going to be taller. Look at the lift angle and the position of it, and likely angle of decent. Why would RMC want a flat run at the bottom of the first hill?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Um ... no. It's real and was already pretty damn apparent from the last photo that it would be an outside banked top hat.

There's actually another photo circulating taken looking out the back window of the pickup truck that gives a munch better angle and includes the entire hill in the frame.

How exactly is this a "top hat"? In the past hasn't that always been applied to hills with vertical entrances and exits? This just looks like a hill. Weird banking, but just a hill. (Yes I know there are no rules around this, it just seems silly to call it a top hat... unless I'm missing something.)

So I'm not one to look for every bit of information; I was really content to wait for May to see construction photos, but the last few pages of discussion got me curious. It looks to me like the unholy union of Storm Chaser's barrel roll drop and Outlaw Run's second hill, and I couldn't be happier.

At a local watering hole near the park and what do I see?...

Lol. Good thing I'm not there. Once I have a couple drinks in me I tend to make friends with everyone around me. They would have been target number one lol.

I'm wondering where the rest of the story is... There is no way you spot those guys and don't have a story...

They told me all about the new coaster, and when it was going to open. However, we drank too much and I can't remember a thing this morning .

Probably the next few pages of this thread after that comment:

62812079.jpg