TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walygator Parc Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Walygator Parc, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index.

Official Park Website

Here are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

August 1st, 2006 (Below) - Park to be re-named Walygator Parc

April 22nd, 2009 - Expoland's Orochi is being relocated to Walygator Parc

April 18th, 2010 - Monster construction update

July 13th, 2010 - Monster opens

December 3rd, 2012 - Park placed in administration

March 13th, 2013 - Park sold to four entrepreneurs

January 26th, 2014 - Air Race announced for 2014 season

April 14th, 2014 - TangOr - Topple Tower is dismantled

February 19th, 2015 - rapids ride to be rethemed to "The Lost World" dinosaur theming

'Walibi Lorraine' is going to be renamed 'Walygator Parc' next year. Reason for this is that Compagnie des Alpes, who bought all the parks from the starparks group exept Walibi Lorraine and Movie Park Germany, doesn't want that a park that's not theirs uses the name Walibi (since they own all the other Walibi parks).

There new mascotte will be a alligator with the name Waly (surprise)

Source: http://www.centralpark-fr.com/leforum/i ... tml#169477

cimg08531kg5.jpeg.bc409f9ef1f43bfe01f428e8eff5d6d7.jpeg

Yay, I guess...

6.jpeg.5197abc4fe1599dfc79b922447165b7f.jpeg

Waly!

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walligator is the name of the park's log flume (themed to alligators), they probarly got the name from there. Kinda strange to name the park after its log flume...

Anyways its a fun name and i hope the park also gets some nice new rides instead of just a new name. I went there this summer and i must say its a nice park, nicely themed, and Comet Space (their Vekoma looper) is really good and smooth.

• 2 years later...

When I was there last year, thinking I would never need to return, they were advertising via a large banner an enclosed coaster of some sort for 2010. Now this has come along can we assume it has taken priority?

I hope it will get set up because small parks do have a chance of delaying reconstruction until the ride is in such bad shape it will not be worth it. For whatever reason (soil problems, not enough money, space issues). However I think it is likely it will be built and will bring in huge profits for the park! I wonder when it will be onsite?

I wonder if they'll keep it pure white? I kinda hope not - all-white rides just don't look right...

I beg to differ...Hello Revolution! I can not imagine this ride any other color that just ALL WHITE (don't get any stupid ideas SFMM)