Theme Park Review's 2007 Group Trips!

2008 Trip Flyers Going Up Very Soon!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ride6 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:00 pm

Okay, I'm officially too poor to do this so it would be fantastic if you'd release the dates that you guys will be at the specific parks (say SFGAmer, Indiana Beach and Cedar Point) I'll try to meat you guys at one of them. I should be able to afford to at least do that.

Oh and please do Indiana Beach at night, it's so much better than during the day. :lover:

Ride6

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:05 pm

^ Oh my god......That all I have to say

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:09 pm

4. Q: "If there is a lottery, are the members of the UK trip in that too?"
A: No. One of the perks for taking our trips is that you automatically have priority seating on future trips.

Okay so in let's say 5 years, people who haven't been on a trip before can't get on anymore because there are so many people who get priority and fill all the space up?
Or does this priority only applies for the UK trip?
:evil: Incurring the wraith of the title fairy :evil:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:11 pm

As of right now, we haven't figured out how to do trips past next year in regards to signups. It's looking like the UK peeps will pretty much always have first dibs for being our guinea pigs, but 2007 trip people may or may not.

I'm a cow, HONK HONK!

Postby deathmole » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:20 pm

I'm damn interested in the Spain trip, damn the mole needs cash, fast.

But all I hear is:

"No I will not pay you three hundred dollars for sex"

:cry:

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:30 pm

All I have to say is, that I think the system in place is pretty good and fair. Too many over the allotment, lottery. Sounds good to me. Still glad I gots me money in early though.

Here's to hoping I get in. My wife would love ten days with me gone! :br

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby AndyGiles » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:32 pm

If you ask me, it seems completely wrong that the people on the UK trip get right of first refusal on all subsequent trips.

I thought the whole point of TPR was to build a coaster community. With this kind of system, you're simply going to get an exclusive club of the same select people who go on these trips every year.

If I was running it, I would put all people who have already been on a trip in the lottery and not the other way around.

It simply means that these trips will become "cliquey" and newcomers will feel like outsiders.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby methylene » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:42 pm

ride6 wrote: I'll try to meat you guys at one of them.

While some of the guys might be cool with it; I, for one, have no desire to be meated by a stranger. I have *some* scrupples.

Matt
There is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:45 pm

^^I don't see it that way at all. Long story short, there are how many trips per year now vs the one from last year? I don't know what kind of job you have to be able to take off of work for more than a month, but I know even though I have enough money to do every trip, I don't have the time off.

The UKers getting first dibs was something mentioned back during the original UK trip announcement and I think its a nice bonus to those of us who were brave enough to put our hands in a never before experienced trip.

Besides all that, I doubt all the UK people will continue to go on trips indefinitely if there isn't that much new stuff to experience.

Of course, I also think that people who complain about the way Robb and Elissa do things should probably just try to set up their own trip altogether and see how easy it is. :roll:
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby methylene » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:45 pm

AndyGiles wrote:If you ask me, it seems completely wrong that the people on the UK trip get right of first refusal on all subsequent trips.

I thought the whole point of TPR was to build a coaster community. With this kind of system, you're simply going to get an exclusive club of the same select people who go on these trips every year.

If I was running it, I would put all people who have already been on a trip in the lottery and not the other way around.

It simply means that these trips will become "cliquey" and newcomers will feel like outsiders.

You might have a point if all 50 people on the UK trip could afford and chose to go on three TPR trips a year. Reality paints a different picture, however.

Matt
There is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!