SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 40: Sesame Street Parade, Taumata Racer & more in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:41 am

Can they put actual dolphins in the water? :lol: :lol:

Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC / SWO/BGT

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:31 am

Pear wrote:POV!

DELETED!

It would be really nice if people would STOP POSTING CONTENT from other locations when you'd think it's pretty damn obvious we will be posting our own POVs on our own channels really soon.

Seriously, when you post a ride video, especially of something that's a NEW RIDE when you know damn well TPR will have their own version of the video up soon, that's like someone inviting you over to their house for dinner, but you decide to bring your own food.

But then again, I should not be shocked by the stupidity I see on this planet anymore...

That being said, be patient, our video will be up soon. And if you're not happy with that, feel free to look at some other theme park forum.

Thank you.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby RandallDuell » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:39 am

The ride looks fun, I'm assuming a decent portion of the cost of the ride went into the infrastructure of building into/across the lake....maybe that explains some of the lack of theme after the pre launch tunnel?

Also, just thought I'd point out that it's always a good idea to read the entire thread before you post - I was about to post a POV I ran across, then saw one was deleted and hands were slapped!

Anyway, looking forward to this site's version of the POV and/or ride review.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:15 pm

RandallDuell wrote:Anyway, looking forward to this site's version of the POV and/or ride review.

It's been posted

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:08 am

Finally got around to visiting this...

What I liked:
1. The food was so good! I got brisket and I could not believe it was amusement park food. Also LOVED that they have real brewed iced tea. That is HARD to find at many amusement parks.

2. All of the coasters were fun - the clone here seemed different then the others, is that an accurate assumption?

3. The shows! Every show was good. I only missed one but every other one I saw was done very well. Even the 3 killer whale shows they do in Shamu Stadium seemed different. Absolutely enjoyed the show with the dogs, cats, birds, mice, pig, etc.

What I disliked:
1. Operations - I went 7/7/17 and it was extremely dead in the park. All coasters were about 1 wait unless you wanted the front/back rows. They were between 2-3 train waits. Everything except Wave Breaker was running one train. I do not like that there are no set individual lines for each row like many other coasters. Some people seemed confused. Especially on Wave Breaker. They have two doors that open for each row which some assumed each door was for a separate row. I thought that too until I paid extra attention. The employees were extremely S-L-O-W. It took them about 5-10 minutes to get each train out of the station. I understand it was slow and it was hot but some people go to this park and actually want to see every show, get on every ride, see every exhibit, and go to the water park all in one day. I know that is a lot but I unfortunately only had one day in the park. I came all the way from Maryland to go here so I wanted the full experience. On Steel Eel I did not like that they first go through and check the seat belt then go back through to check the lap bar. That seemed like it wasted a lot of time.

2. Water park - there is nothing thrilling here. Easily will skip this if I ever come back to the park. I was hyped for the slide where you go through glass and see the fish. But they hype it up way too much. Its small and the glass is only on one side. Plus they have a life guard there that pushes you through it. Also, you can not go to the deep end of the wave pool. Nothing special about this park.

3. Cost - very pricey to come to this park. It was over $80 to get in, $20 to park, had to pay to store our items at some rides. I can see where the money goes though to the animals here which I LOVE. Plus I know the employees that work with the animals probably make a decent pay. The buildings seemed out dated and they have A LOT of open land with NO shade. Also saw quite a few spaces where food stands/games had been but now there is nothing there.

I probably won't come back here until open up 2-3 new coasters.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby fiestatexasfan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Does Sea World SA get something every year? If so I Wonder what they will get next year.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler
Last park visited- Six Flags Fiesta Texas (7-18-17)
-Last roller coaster ridden- Roadrunner Express (7-18-17)
-Last flat ride ridden- Spinsanity (7-18-17)
-Last water park ride ridden- Thunder rapids (7-18-17)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am

I may be sent down near San Antonio for work and was hoping to hit ZDT, SeaWorld, and Fiesta Texas in the same day.

Does SeaWorld typically get long queues for the coasters on a Saturday? I had almost no lines at the San Diego one a few summers back on a Saturday since everyone was at the animal attractions. I'm leaning towards Quick Queue so I can have more time at Fiesta Texas but wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake like buying one at a Michigan's Adventure or a Dorney.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby thrillrider » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:28 am

We just returned from seaworld San Antonio. Here is our photo trip report.
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75041&start=20
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:56 pm

I finally got around to riding the new hotness. I thought the coaster was fun after riding it a few times. I found the lapbar to be really odd though. I would suggest trying out the test seat if your on the bigger side. I honestly felt like I could maneuver out of my seat because it's more of a knee bar. The park has always had the two big coasters since I can remember going but never a long line for either. Wave Breaker had a big line all day. I hope the park builds more rides like this as the park still lacks in attractions. One thing I loved seeing was how many families were riding together. I can't wait to go back and take my nieces.
IMG_2016.JPG
Also, I challenge someone to take the photo with all 3 coasters with 3 trains in the same shot. I tried to wait for it but it was to hot.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:54 pm

^ I think I was at the park the same day as you. Were you there on Saturday as well?

Wave Breaker was definitely a fun coaster. I love the ride's placement over the water and the two launches and hills after the launches were good. However, the turns were a lot less intense than I expected. I know this is a family coaster, but the turns on the Zamperla motocoasters had more to them.

Steel Eel was excellent. The drops gave amazing floater air in the back and many of them caused me to feel my stomach drop, which I wasn't expecting. The seats were rather hard, but I knew that going in so I was prepared. It was otherwise a fantastic coaster.

alilstronger wrote:2. All of the coasters were fun - the clone here seemed different then the others, is that an accurate assumption?

I rode 3 Batman clones in 2 days (Great White, SFTT, and SFOG) and Great White did feel a little different. The forces were less intense on Great White. Usually I feel all the blood rush to my feet in the second half and my legs feel a little weak when I get off a Batman clone, but not Great White. The two I rode in the next 24 hours did give me that sensation.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!