TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to visiting this...

What I liked:

1. The food was so good! I got brisket and I could not believe it was amusement park food. Also LOVED that they have real brewed iced tea. That is HARD to find at many amusement parks.

2. All of the coasters were fun - the clone here seemed different then the others, is that an accurate assumption?

3. The shows! Every show was good. I only missed one but every other one I saw was done very well. Even the 3 killer whale shows they do in Shamu Stadium seemed different. Absolutely enjoyed the show with the dogs, cats, birds, mice, pig, etc.

What I disliked:

1. Operations - I went 7/7/17 and it was extremely dead in the park. All coasters were about 1 wait unless you wanted the front/back rows. They were between 2-3 train waits. Everything except Wave Breaker was running one train. I do not like that there are no set individual lines for each row like many other coasters. Some people seemed confused. Especially on Wave Breaker. They have two doors that open for each row which some assumed each door was for a separate row. I thought that too until I paid extra attention. The employees were extremely S-L-O-W. It took them about 5-10 minutes to get each train out of the station. I understand it was slow and it was hot but some people go to this park and actually want to see every show, get on every ride, see every exhibit, and go to the water park all in one day. I know that is a lot but I unfortunately only had one day in the park. I came all the way from Maryland to go here so I wanted the full experience. On Steel Eel I did not like that they first go through and check the seat belt then go back through to check the lap bar. That seemed like it wasted a lot of time.

2. Water park - there is nothing thrilling here. Easily will skip this if I ever come back to the park. I was hyped for the slide where you go through glass and see the fish. But they hype it up way too much. Its small and the glass is only on one side. Plus they have a life guard there that pushes you through it. Also, you can not go to the deep end of the wave pool. Nothing special about this park.

3. Cost - very pricey to come to this park. It was over $80 to get in, $20 to park, had to pay to store our items at some rides. I can see where the money goes though to the animals here which I LOVE. Plus I know the employees that work with the animals probably make a decent pay. The buildings seemed out dated and they have A LOT of open land with NO shade. Also saw quite a few spaces where food stands/games had been but now there is nothing there.

I probably won't come back here until open up 2-3 new coasters.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be sent down near San Antonio for work and was hoping to hit ZDT, SeaWorld, and Fiesta Texas in the same day.

Does SeaWorld typically get long queues for the coasters on a Saturday? I had almost no lines at the San Diego one a few summers back on a Saturday since everyone was at the animal attractions. I'm leaning towards Quick Queue so I can have more time at Fiesta Texas but wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake like buying one at a Michigan's Adventure or a Dorney.

I finally got around to riding the new hotness. I thought the coaster was fun after riding it a few times. I found the lapbar to be really odd though. I would suggest trying out the test seat if your on the bigger side. I honestly felt like I could maneuver out of my seat because it's more of a knee bar. The park has always had the two big coasters since I can remember going but never a long line for either. Wave Breaker had a big line all day. I hope the park builds more rides like this as the park still lacks in attractions. One thing I loved seeing was how many families were riding together. I can't wait to go back and take my nieces.

IMG_2016.thumb.JPG.0fbadb9255c89bdcfe7d6ba7379ef28e.JPG

Also, I challenge someone to take the photo with all 3 coasters with 3 trains in the same shot. I tried to wait for it but it was to hot.

^ I think I was at the park the same day as you. Were you there on Saturday as well?

Wave Breaker was definitely a fun coaster. I love the ride's placement over the water and the two launches and hills after the launches were good. However, the turns were a lot less intense than I expected. I know this is a family coaster, but the turns on the Zamperla motocoasters had more to them.

Steel Eel was excellent. The drops gave amazing floater air in the back and many of them caused me to feel my stomach drop, which I wasn't expecting. The seats were rather hard, but I knew that going in so I was prepared. It was otherwise a fantastic coaster.

2. All of the coasters were fun - the clone here seemed different then the others, is that an accurate assumption?

I rode 3 Batman clones in 2 days (Great White, SFTT, and SFOG) and Great White did feel a little different. The forces were less intense on Great White. Usually I feel all the blood rush to my feet in the second half and my legs feel a little weak when I get off a Batman clone, but not Great White. The two I rode in the next 24 hours did give me that sensation.

• 3 weeks later...

I need some advice if someone wants to help a fellow theme park junkie. LOL. I have two more trips plan for the year (The Park at OWA on 10-7-2017 and of course SeaWorld San Antonio) . . . BUT . . . I'm trying to decide if November or December would better; mostly to ride Wave Breaker and the other roller coasters. I also know the Christmas event will be going on, but another concern is knowing will Journey to Atlantis will be open as well. I hate to miss it. Thanks for any advice!

I need some advice if someone wants to help a fellow theme park junkie. LOL. I have two more trips plan for the year (The Park at OWA on 10-7-2017 and of course SeaWorld San Antonio) . . . BUT . . . I'm trying to decide if November or December would better; mostly to ride Wave Breaker and the other roller coasters. I also know the Christmas event will be going on, but another concern is knowing will Journey to Atlantis will be open as well. I hate to miss it. Thanks for any advice!

The park is closed in November.

The park is closed in November.

It's open the week of Thanksgiving. Nov 18-26 from 1PM-9PM (til 10 on Saturdays)

838003111_SWSANOvember.thumb.JPG.9b4b4fa288db3718137a2b9dd10db0f7.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has sent us a press release announcing the new additions coming to SeaWorld and Aquatica San Antonio in 2018!

A Sesame Street® parade, a waterslide, a summer celebration and a beer festival are among the new experiences coming to SeaWorld and Aquatica San Antonio in 2018. The additions continue the evolution of growth at the park, which has added major events and attractions annually since 2011.

“We’re continuing to invest in our guest experience with our 2018 event additions and expansions,” said Park President Carl Lum. “From families to foodies and thrill seekers to music enthusiasts, SeaWorld and Aquatica San Antonio have something for everyone and we’re constantly working to grow our reputation as a leader in fun, one-of-a-kind experiences.” He added, “And a great deal and value for guests to enjoy everything the park has to offer in 2018 is with a 2-park annual pass for $99.”

Sesame Street Parade

The iconic brand expands out of the Sesame Street Bay of Play® and onto the pathways with the addition of a neighborhood street party parade. This daily event features everyone’s favorite Sesame Street friends, 10 themed floats, contemporary tunes including Sesame Street favorites and three show-stopping performances throughout the parade route. The Sesame Street Parade will make its debut in spring 2018.

Taumata Racer®

Taumata Racer, named for a famous hill in New Zealand, is slated to open in spring 2018 at Aquatica San Antonio. It’s a high-speed waterslide where riders zoom downhill head first on foam bodysurfing mats. It’s also a competitive ride with six side-by-side lanes. Taumata Racer launches riders in an entry tunnel that makes a swooping, 180-degree turn, then straightens out to make two additional descents over the 375-foot slide length and 55-foot drop in under 10 seconds.

Electric Ocean™

An all-new nighttime experience – Electric Ocean – headlines SeaWorld’s summer offerings with a nightly fireworks display and party zones with electronic dance music (EDM) that will create an electrifying dance club atmosphere. Also, returning to the summer lineup are guest favorites like HydroPower Xtreme FX and Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up the Night, as well as an encore of Sea Lions Tonite. Electric Ocean will light up the summer night sky from June 15 to August 12.

Bier Fest

Inspired by more than 200 years of Oktoberfest traditions, Bier Fest will feature a lineup of more than 100 beers from around the globe, including a variety of local favorites. The Bavarian celebration will also feature authentic German food and festive music. Bier Fest will take place over the course of three weekends, beginning September 1, 2018.

Expanded Event Offerings

SeaWorld will also expand its existing event offerings, packing in more dates and a lot more fun for 2018. The calendar kicks off with an expanded Wild Days celebration, featuring an action-packed month of unique and exciting animal shows perfectly timed for spring break, including Jungle Jack Hanna. The Seven Seas® Food & Wine Festival returns in April with a new food location, local bands and more globally inspired culinary fare than ever before. All-new frights – including a spectacularly scary nighttime stage show – await during Howl-O-Scream® with fall family activities available at Spooktacular®. With the holiday season comes an expanded Christmas Celebration® featuring an awe-inspiring 11 million lights, a contender for one of the largest lighted Christmas displays in North America.

New Best Value 2-Park Pass

For a limited time only, guests can experience the all new attractions and events in the 2018 lineup for $99 with a 2-Park Annual Pass. The 2-Park Annual Pass offers unlimited admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica San Antonio and includes free parking, free tickets for friends, in-park discounts on swims, tours, special dining offers and many other exclusive benefits.

For more information and to purchase a 2-Park Annual Pass, visit SeaWorldSanAntonio.com.

362153093_SesameStreetParade.thumb.jpg.23a14cbb00371809e968771c4fc7051e.jpg

Debuting in spring 2018, SeaWorld San Antonio’s Sesame Street Parade will allow guests to experience an energetic neighborhood block party with all of their favorite Sesame Street friends. This daily “street party” features familiar contemporary tunes, as well as Sesame Street favorites that are sure to get everyone in the mood for fun! Kids will learn about letters, numbers and friendship through the parade’s three show-stopping performances and 10 larger-than-life floats.

™/© 2017 Sesame Workshop. All rights reserved.

PHOTO CREDIT: SeaWorld San Antonio

981990746_TamautaRacer.thumb.jpg.3267dd9f3706826fdb47c740709198cb.jpg

For those who prefer life in the fast lane, the new Taumata Racer high-speed racing waterslide will zoom riders down a 375-foot slide, around a 180-degree swooping turn and an entry tunnel before racing them across the finish line in less than 10 seconds. Taumata Racer, named for a famous hill in New Zealand, is slated to open in spring 2018 at Aquatica, SeaWorld San Antonio’s Waterpark.

Artist Composite 2017 ©SeaWorld Parks

1660369982_BierFest.thumb.jpg.07d6c4958f77ef390bd45c363b2e2187.jpg

Fall 2018 brings more than 200 years of Oktoberfest traditions come to life at SeaWorld San Antonio’s Bier Fest. Guests can raise a glass to toast the end of summer with a variety of craft beers from around the globe, including a variety of favorite local brews. And, sample traditional German food, listen to festive music and experience all this unique Bavarian celebration has to offer. Prost!

2017 ©SeaWorld Parks

406921027_ElectricOcean.thumb.jpg.0e058affeea7daaad4a10269bcaaaf66.jpg

When the sun goes down, the night comes to life at SeaWorld San Antonio’s new Electric Ocean. Guests will explore party zones filled with electric dance music (EDM), colorful lights and end the night with a spectacular display of fireworks. With the return of HydroPower Xtreme FX and Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up the Night, as well as an encore of Sea Lions Tonite, summer nights at SeaWorld have never been brighter. Electric Ocean takes place daily June 15 to August 12.

2017 ©SeaWorld Parks

• 2 months later...

We visited Seaworld as part of our trip to Texas, and were fortunate enough to go during the christmas light festival.

We loved the park, and thought they had done a really good job with the festive theming (8 million lights will do that for you!). Although I am a "coaster" fan, I will always give thumbs up when the whole family can enjoy the day out, and SeaWorld San Antonio CERTAINLY did that for us, and we came away with a great impression.

The coasters. Thank you "Wavebreaker"!!, you are now my sons FAVOURITE roller coaster. It was a great, fun family ride, with just enough in it for adults to enjoy also. I loved it, mostly because my son loved it...but also because the two launches add a bit of spice, and the turns are pretty quick in places. The starting tunnel with the rescue scenario is a nice touch.

Steel Eel. Better than I thought it would be (I preferred it Magnum XL200...is that OK?) and a lot smoother than expected. I was smiling when I got off which is a good sign.

Great White. Fun.....preferred it to Goliath at Fiesta (which I rode the following day). I don't know how to "rate" B and M inverts. This one goes down as the "expected", which for me is still good.

Sesame St area was standard kid area stuff (my son enjoyed it), but I thought the "Shamu express" kid coaster was rather lame. The one in Orlando is a way better starter for kids (in my opinion), this was just an "in and out" oval with a couple of bumps. Ho hum!

The shows were not as good as Florida (personal opinion only) but still not bad. We just felt the dolphin/beluga display lacked some of the creativity, and having seen Shamu before, the "wow" factor is not quite the same as a first viewing. However being there for the christmas theme was amazing. My wife and I could not get over how many lights they had!, but also how they used them to theme different areas, like Blue and white for Shamu, multicoloured for candy lane, or a totally non commercial red and white "Coke" land. The christmas shops, markets and santa displays added to the theme, and of course I had never heard christmas songs done in Country/Western/Hoedown style!

We even had a chuckle as they made it "snow" in Texas....thanks guys but we left that behind in Canada!

Had a great day, and will look forward to returning in the future.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1st time going to Sea World San Antonio on Tuesday, any tips? We won't be doing the waterpark.

Pray that there's nothing even remotely resembling wind occurring anywhere in the area. On my single visit earlier this year, the wind levels were varying between 5-10 MPH on the ground, which meant every coaster except for the kiddie coaster ended up going down for extended periods of time. And when they'd come back up, they'd send a train or at most two, then go back down again.

Leave any bags you may have with you in the car unless you want to do the mandatory locker rental at every single coaster.

Feed the sea lions.

• 1 month later...

SeaWorld San Antonio released their 2019 plans earlier today.

The theme park will open a new area Turtle Reef habitat. The area will include an interactive sea turtle attraction and two rides, Riptide Rescue and Sea Swinger. Based on the concept art, Riptide Rescue appears to be a Huss Airboat. Sea Swinger appears to be a Zamperla Midi Discovery.

Aquatica will see the addition of Ihu’s Breakaway Falls, a multidrop tower slide.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2018/09/27/seaworld-san-antonio-aquatica-adding-new-rides-and.html

SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. plans to add an interactive sea turtle attraction and multiple rides that are expected to be completed in time for SeaWorld San Antonio’s spring 2019 season.

The Turtle Reef habitat will give guests an up-close look at an endangered species and enable them to better understand the threats turtles face in the wild. The centerpiece of the attraction is a 126,000-gallon coral reef-themed environment featuring rescued and nonreleasable green sea turtles, as well as hundreds of multicolored Caribbean fish.

The San Antonio park is also adding a pair of new rides — Riptide Rescue and Sea Swinger. The first will have guests board boats and set out on a sea turtle rescue mission, while the latter will swing riders 180 degrees in multiple directions.

Aquatica, which is SeaWorld San Antonio’s companion park, will also get a new ride. Ihu’s Breakaway Falls, a multidrop tower slide, is set to debut next spring as well.

SeaWorldTexas.JPG.fc264c243c6fa3c2fcbe33e41fd9514f.JPG

Edited by larrygator