Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot], Honorarius and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby GCI Wooden » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Swishtime101 wrote:Plus is anyone else really disappointed that they won’t be having Hacks live back this year? That show was always the sole reason I went to Valleyscare. The mazes and all were great and all, but Hacks was just an amazing funny show.

And does anyone else feel that Picnic Point would be a great place for a maze, or route 76 would be a great place for a scare zone? Or that they could fit in another maze in where the waterpark lies? Valleyscare could have so much other potential; if only they could get the staff. :lol:

Definitely, we would normally go to the Hacks show twice everytime we went to haunt, it was so so funny (especially as it got later - the 11:00 shows were always off the rails hilarious). I seldom left that theatre without being in physical pain from laughter. From my understanding though, the comedians came from ComedySportz Twin Cities and they lost their building since last year so that may be part of the reason they're not returning.

Also I think Route 76 would be a wonderful place for CarnEvil now that there's all the new lighting in the area but it's fine where it is.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swishtime101 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Still no news or permits for next year’s season?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coaster Bro » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Swishtime101 wrote:Still no news or permits for next year’s season?

As of now there are still no permits filed that would be for a new ride for 2019. By now I would be surprised if they added anything new for 2019 but I guess it still is possible.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Donomike05 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:55 pm

Does anybody know where Undertakers is going to be?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Donomike05 wrote:Does anybody know where Undertakers is going to be?

I saw a graveyard spring up over by Berserkers so presumably it's right where Humane was.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swishtime101 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Anyone know what happened tonight at Valleyscare? I went there for opening weekend and it was chaotic. There were police officers carrying shotguns, there was a swat truck there, and they had to evacuate the entire park and close it for the evening. :?r :omg: :|

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Swishtime101 wrote:Anyone know what happened tonight at Valleyscare? I went there for opening weekend and it was chaotic. There were police officers carrying shotguns, there was a swat truck there, and they had to evacuate the entire park and close it for the evening. :?r :omg: :|

I'm hearing reports of a knife fight in the park.

More info..
https://www.swnewsmedia.com/shakopee_valley_news/news/public_safety/valleyscare-evacuated-after-fights-break-out/article_da31496d-81ca-5d31-9d10-a9a9529a7b6c.html
Screenshot_20180923-001211_Facebook.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Lightning Rod » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:27 pm

I’m curious how did the knife get through the medal detectors or pass security? After last night I would think they would have more security and police officers at the park the rest of the Valleyfair/Scare?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:55 pm

^Those metal detectors are complete garbage and serve a more CYA position than anything. I remember stories that said guns have been snuck into CGA.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swishtime101 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:03 am

Lightning Rod wrote:I’m curious how did the knife get through the medal detectors or pass security? After last night I would think they would have more security and police officers at the park the rest of the Valleyfair/Scare?

The security guards seemed to be doing fine when I went through the checks, so I don’t think the problem was through that, but then again all it takes is one person having a security check done wrong to cause something like this. I’m leaning more toward the idea that the knife, or any other sort of weapon, may of been just tossed over the dinos alive fence, and retrieved once they were inside the park. Once the guests were evacuated from the park, all it took to spread the issue were people reaching into their cars and pulling out whatever weapons they had inside their cars. That was one of the things that I heard someone mention in a video I watched on Facebook, is that people were pulling out weapons from their cars and getting involved. I’m very thankful that I parked near Steel Vnom and was able to get out of there before things just got awful. According to what I had heard there were about 100 police officers there and a helicopter with a searchlight. I feel really bad for Valleyfair, they never would of been able to see something like this coming. I just hope nobody sues. :lmao:

On a more somewhat positive note, is Dark Harvest/Hellside Farm not making a return? I really loved that maze and it was even one of my favorites, even though it was typically understaffed. And is anyone else disappointed by the scare zone that used to be where the blood creed cemetary used to lie? I had gone through there to pick up some Chick-fil-a before the park had evacuated and found it to be pretty lame. It was more of an entertainment attraction to me. That was the only thing I got a chance to do though, as I was heading to Beserkers Unleashed when they announced through the speakers that the park was being evacuated. Overall, with the cherry on top being Hacks Live not returning, Valleyscare is off to a bad start with me. Other opinions?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!