Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster Bro » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:08 pm

I haven't been to the park for about a week but I've heard rumors from the gp online that the holding break is back

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Lightning Rod » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:32 am

I was at the park on Sunday I rode Steel Venom the holding brake was off when I was there.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Toaster Bot » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:24 am

Lightning Rod wrote:I was at the park on Sunday I rode Steel Venom the holding brake was off when I was there.

Hopefully the park fixes it during the off season.
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby garyman6 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:40 am

I was at the park yesterday and the holding brakes were still not fixed.

On another note: Six Flags announced their new attractions for 2019. Pretty impressive line up with three new coasters and three new giant Zamperla revolutions! Plus some other pretty great attractions. Does anyone know when Cedar Fair will make announcements for Valleyfair? I know its usually after the state fair but I believe they announced last year during the state fair. It's been pretty quiet on the rumor mill but that doesn't necessarily mean anything either.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby RollerColester » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:05 pm

garyman6 wrote:Does anyone know when Cedar Fair will make announcements for Valleyfair? I know its usually after the state fair but I believe they announced last year during the state fair. It's been pretty quiet on the rumor mill but that doesn't necessarily mean anything either.

Delirious was announced on August 16th, 2017.
North Star was announced on August 18th, 2016.
Flying Eagles was announced on September 15th, 2015.

I'd say if something is going to be announced it should be announced before the end of September. Not expecting much at all. Hopefully a set-up year for larger things to come.

Hard to believe they will leave the Dinos area empty after removing it next year. Prime real estate upfront there that could use a facelift.
Valleyfair realist since 2001

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:44 pm

RollerColester wrote:Hard to believe they will leave the Dinos area empty after removing it next year. Prime real estate upfront there that could use a facelift.

That is what I cannot figure out. The Dino's are on the way out after next year (at least based on other CF parks like KI that got them and then removed them after seven years). And they occupy a very large prime real estate spot up front for VF so I find it hard to believe they would leave it empty also. But if they decide to remove them and put something there then the 'approved project' to expand the back of the park by moving a road, expanding the water park and adding a new parking lot gets delayed at least another year. How long does the approval from the Federal and State to move the proposed wetlands last? Does it expire? Or once approved do they have all the time they want to make it happen? They spent one year getting the Army Corps of Engineers and the State to sign off and then another year for the city to sign off on the plan and probably had to spend some decent time and money to get the plan together, proposed and approved. WHEN/IF do they start implementing it? Watch, we will probably find out next year VF is the first CF park to extend the Dino's contract for a few years. :devil: :lol:

FYI - Still no new building permits issued for VF.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Mdcastle » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:11 am

I'll throw out the idea that this year might be the year they move the road as the first phase of Soak City 2.0, you don't announce "Coming Next Year! A New Service Road! Get Your Season Passes Now!", so that's why we've heard nothing, and they already have a permit so there's be no new permits issued. If Dinoland is vacant for a year or two it wouldn't be the end of the world since it's already spite-fenced off from both inside and outside the park, so it's rather visually unimpressive.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby garyman6 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:01 pm

O.K. so I sent an e-mail to Valleyfair asking when an announcement for 2019 will be made. This was the response I got back today.

Hello William –

Thanks for reaching out to us. As for right now, we have no announcements for 2019.

Thanks,

Kelsey Bailey | Manager of PR & Communications
Valleyfair Amusement Park

So that doesn't mean there wont be! It could be they just aren't ready to reveal it yet!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:40 am

A few things:

At Kings Island we lost Dinos at the end of last year and this year the area was not in use and they moved a smoking section to where the main entrance was. We think perhaps a portion of it "May" become part of our new Antique cars, but a layout has yet to surface.

Even if you don't get a ride next year, keep your eyes open on other infrastructure improvements... Cedar Fair has been putting in a lot of dual-line restaurants lately, so watch for one to possibly go in place of Starship...

Another thing to notice: you have gotten flat rides the last three years, so even if you get nothing new next season, perhaps a larger investment is coming your way in 20. Of course, I would have thought the waterpark expansion would have started by now, but who really knows.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:40 am

John Peck wrote:At Kings Island we lost Dinos at the end of last year and this year the area was not in use and they moved a smoking section to where the main entrance was. We think perhaps a portion of it "May" become part of our new Antique cars, but a layout has yet to surface.

The entrance will be where the Peach Basket stand currently sits. The ride itself will take up a portion of that end of Coney Mall's midway and run alongside Racer. With the description given and from others who were at Racer's backstage tour recently, it doesn't appear to be using DA at all (at least not the pathway on the other side of Racer).
https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/august/construction-on-kings-mills-antique-autos-to-begin-next-week
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!