Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: Bzurn and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Gonna call it now, General Improvement year. Mark my words.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coaster Bro » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Nah they're definitely getting a giga even though it is not legal :lmao:

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby RollerColester » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:21 pm

I think a RMC Raptor would be a great addition to replace the north side of the games midway. Comparing the general size on google maps, I think it would fit when stretched from Riptide to the Midway Stage (Scrambler's old spot). I think that would be a good fit to that part of the park. Yes, it is a roller coaster, but I think it would be a very cost effective attraction for the park. Should be under $10 million easy and would not break the bank for the Water Park expansion project the following year. Also, if the park was worried about pushback from removing a coaster in Excalibur, adding a cheaper RMC Raptor the same year you intend to retire Excalibur would silence a few people (probably not though...).

The more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense with the removal of Riptide this year and Excalibur's pending doom with the Army Corp proposal. Construction wouldn't have to be started until September/October either for a ride of that stature as Riptide is already removed and there wouldn't be much else to demo (just a few trees, games building, and concrete). Valleyfair's late opening date also could warrant a late start for construction.

The low capacity shouldn't be horrible at Valleyfair either, but busy days it would still be worth the wait as I've heard these pack quite the punch!
Valleyfair realist since 2001

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Donomike05 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:58 pm

RollerColester wrote:I think a RMC Raptor would be a great addition to replace the north side of the games midway. Comparing the general size on google maps, I think it would fit when stretched from Riptide to the Midway Stage (Scrambler's old spot). I think that would be a good fit to that part of the park. Yes, it is a roller coaster, but I think it would be a very cost effective attraction for the park. Should be under $10 million easy and would not break the bank for the Water Park expansion project the following year. Also, if the park was worried about pushback from removing a coaster in Excalibur, adding a cheaper RMC Raptor the same year you intend to retire Excalibur would silence a few people (probably not though...).

The more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense with the removal of Riptide this year and Excalibur's pending doom with the Army Corp proposal. Construction wouldn't have to be started until September/October either for a ride of that stature as Riptide is already removed and there wouldn't be much else to demo (just a few trees, games building, and concrete). Valleyfair's late opening date also could warrant a late start for construction.

The low capacity shouldn't be horrible at Valleyfair either, but busy days it would still be worth the wait as I've heard these pack quite the punch!
couldn’t agree more

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RandomGuyVF » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:19 pm

RollerColester wrote:I think a RMC Raptor would be a great addition to replace the north side of the games midway. Comparing the general size on google maps, I think it would fit when stretched from Riptide to the Midway Stage (Scrambler's old spot). I think that would be a good fit to that part of the park. Yes, it is a roller coaster, but I think it would be a very cost effective attraction for the park. Should be under $10 million easy and would not break the bank for the Water Park expansion project the following year. Also, if the park was worried about pushback from removing a coaster in Excalibur, adding a cheaper RMC Raptor the same year you intend to retire Excalibur would silence a few people (probably not though...).

“Valleyfair realist since 2001”
- A Random Guy

Postby RollerColester » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:13 pm

^That's why I said a 5 million RMC Raptor..not a 20 million dollar B&M..

I'm still the realest mofo around..

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RandomGuyVF » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:19 pm

RollerColester wrote:^That's why I said a 5 million RMC Raptor..not a 20 million dollar B&M..

If Valleyfair was reciving a raptor for 2019, we would of seen the signs by now. Just look back at CGA and even SFFT before their 2018 announcements. I’m saying general improvements and maybe a small flat.
- A Random Guy

Postby RollerColester » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:37 pm

RandomGuyVF wrote:
RollerColester wrote:^That's why I said a 5 million RMC Raptor..not a 20 million dollar B&M..

If Valleyfair was reciving a raptor for 2019, we would of seen the signs by now. Just look back at CGA and even SFFT before their 2018 announcements. I’m saying general improvements and maybe a small flat.

Still think there is plenty of time. That area is basically a clean slate and it wouldn't need to be ready until May. I'm not saying it's gonna happen. Just saying it would work well with the parks timeline and Cedar Fairs trend towards more cost effective attractions. The games midway is kind of a dead zone, and a ride like a RMC Raptor would liven it up nice.

If I had to bet money I would bet a flat or water slide, but I wouldn't be completely shocked with a RMC Raptor.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby RCjunkie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 am

valleyfairfanatic wrote:Gonna call it now, General Improvement year. Mark my words.

Hard to argue with this. All signs (or lack there of) point to this and the park has not had a 'general improvement' year for a while now so it is probably due. I would be totally fine with that provided we see some action on the proposed expansion for the park next year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:57 am

I’m leaning towards thinking it’ll be a general improvement year as well, though I wouldn’t completely rule out a new ride just yet. In late 2013, everyone thought VF wasn’t adding anything and then Route 76 came out of nowhere so there’s still a possibility.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!