Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: CNYCoasterguy11, coasterbill, Donomike05, ElvisLuv, VF15 and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby IntraTrax » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:00 am

Basing on the stats, this sounds like a new Gerstlauer Infinity coaster, but I don't think this might be for Valleyfair.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Donomike05 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:12 am

Mikxy wrote:I mean...

As interesting as this is, where would they put a roller coaster? The dino's contract has until 2019 and then it will be gone, and I just can't think of any other reasonable locations that would be a good spot for crowds and a new coaster.

:|
Old RipTide and scrambler location. Could also relocated or remove bumber cars for more space. They also could remove the amphitheater and use that space(I don’t think it’s used for anything anyways).
Last edited by Donomike05 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:17 am.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby garyman6 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:12 am

garyman6 wrote:Does anybody know if CedarFair has bought any Mack coasters? I recently came back from Silver Dollar City. I rode Time Traveler and it was fabulous. But more importantly, I loved how the coaster ran, the seats were unbelievably comfortable and looking at their website they have a lot of options that would fit very well with Valleyfair.

On another note; that post that bzurn posted about is curious. Screamscape is reporting it as a teaser for Hangtime at KBF. That doesn't make any sense because the coaster has been open for months. CGA maybe but it seems to me the wording fits in with Minnesota almost perfectly especially when they mention it getting very cold and very hot. And when it said across the Mississippi, that can only mean KBF, CGA or Valleyfair. I don't think WOF is west of the Mississippi. So.......who knows! Didn't our current GM come from Carowinds, a park that loves to tease well before any announcements?

OK, I answered my own question. There are a few scattered small coasters or Mad Mouse type coasters built by Mack but nothing major. But if the rumors are true Carowinds new coaster is said to be a Mack double launch, multiple inversion coaster similar to "Icon" I really hope so! A coaster like that will cost CedarFair about $22,000,000. Maybe a bit high for Valleyfair but maybe????

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:21 am

Mikxy wrote:I mean...As interesting as this is, where would they put a roller coaster? The dino's contract has until 2019 and then it will be gone, and I just can't think of any other reasonable locations that would be a good spot for crowds and a new coaster.:|

Agreed. That is why I think this teaser has nothing to do with VF.

Donomike05 wrote:Old RipTide and scrambler location. Could also relocated or remove bumber cars for more space. They also could remove the amphitheater and use that space(I don’t think it’s used for anything anyways).

Sure they could put it there but that means they would have to remove everything or some of the things you mentioned and prepare the space for a coaster and have it up by next year. I really doubt that will happen. To do that they would have had to start this project already and there is no signs of that at all. What ever is or is not happening next year we should know about within a month.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Mikxy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:34 am

The only hint of Valleyfair is the Mississippi River, but we'll see.
Credits: 54 :cry: | Cedar Fair > Six Flags
Top 3:
1) Maverick
2) Top Thrill Dragster
3 )Millennium Force
Years without a new roller coaster at Valleyfair: 12 :elissa:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Mikxy wrote:The only hint of Valleyfair is the Mississippi River, but we'll see.

I honestly don't think that's even a big enough detail to imply that it would be Valleyfair to be completely honest. My guess is it will just be a general improvement year since we haven't had one since 2013.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SiouxFalls » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:48 pm

I'm headed to cars & coffee next week on Saturday and hitting VF on Friday. Opinions on buying fast pass this time of year if I'm spending most of my time on coasters?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:48 am

If you are there for the opening of the park there is no reason you should need Fast Pass. Just hit Mad Mouse first due to capacity issues and then hit the rest of the coasters and thrill rides. The only reason you would need a fast pass was if you are really pressed for time. If you are there at opening you should have the coasters done by about 2 pm and have the rest of the day to do what you want at the park..

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SiouxFalls » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Was anyone there today that can speak to Friday wait times? My kid and I tend to go on everything many many times.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:39 pm

^After I got off at 4, I waited 10 for back row Renegade, approx. 10 for mid train Steel Venom, 10 for 2nd row Wild Thing, 15 for North Star.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!