Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Back at the park today and the floodwaters have risen again after recent storms, the employee lot is once again completely flooded and it’s getting closer to Renegade.

Also noticed that Renegade has two new flags installed at the top of the lift.
E4DCE883-7D86-4595-BA73-95F391E2632D.jpeg
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 am

VF15 wrote:Also noticed that Renegade has two new flags installed at the top of the lift.

So does that mean it’s a new credit now? ;)

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby RollerColester » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:00 am

The recent flooding makes a guy wonder if it has delayed the water parking lot/entrance project at all..

I always wondered if there was a new entrance back there, would it flow right into the waterpark. Or would it just connect to the pathway and go by Thunder Canyon and Renegade, and you'd have to use the current entrance at to enter the water park. The old slides and some water treatment equipment sort of block off a direct entrance into the water park, so some of that equipment would have to be moved.

Every year it floods is an example of why this project needs to be completed to protect that area of the park (I know the rides back there were designed to handle flooding, but still).
Valleyfair realist since 2001

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Does anyone know when the CF reports come out?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Mdcastle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Probably the ideal would be to have the dry path go all the way back to the parking lot, but have an immediate gate into the waterpark right at the parking lot gate. That way guests could still walk from their cars to the waterpark in their swimming suits, but you could also close off and secure the waterpark before the main park closed. Otherwise you'd have people that used the waterpark gate and then went into the main park cut off when the waterpark closed, or else you'd have to let people wander through the area and probably post staff just to watch them.

Also something like a roller coaster would be easier to build in a wetland than something else since it just requires isolated footings, so a dry path going all the way back could also lead to that.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Today was probably the busiest day I’ve seen at VF so far this year. The parking lot was full except for the far northeast corner, and a lot of rides had full queues or 45+ minute waits.

As of today, Steel Venom’s holding break has been off for almost a month now. I’m a bit worried it might be a permanent change. :(
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Donomike05 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Quick question. Could a RMC raptor fit in the old spots of RipTide and Scrambler? If not, what about RipTide, Scrambler and bumber cars?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coaster Bro » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 pm

Donomike05 wrote:Quick question. Could a RMC raptor fit in the old spots of RipTide and Scrambler? If not, what about RipTide, Scrambler and bumber cars?
While using slightly generous measurements on Google maps it appears that an RMC Raptor would fit in that area although Valleyfair is using the old area of the scrambler for a show that does not seem temporary.

Also I think that Steel Venom is having more problems than just the holding brake not working. Yesterday when I went for about 4 hours I saw it stopped on the launch track on the 3rd or 4th pass through. I don't know if this usual but it seems to happening more often.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Coaster Bro wrote:Also I think that Steel Venom is having more problems than just the holding brake not working. Yesterday when I went for about 4 hours I saw it stopped on the launch track on the 3rd or 4th pass through. I don't know if this usual but it seems to happening more often.

It does this sometimes, I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary. On the other hand, I've never seen the holding brake turned off for this length of time before though so something is definitely up. After riding it today I realized that I completely underestimated how much it added to the experience, so I hope they can fix it.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Bzurn » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:33 pm

!!
Last edited by Bzurn on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:37 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!