Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Devins3 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:44 pm

I am thinking of taking my first trip to Valleyfair! I’m in SD for work and haven’t ridden a coaster all year so I need my fix!

Having never been there I am unsure of how busy the park can get. I am going to go on the 4th, during the evening. Anyone here been to the park on July 4th know how busy it gets? Or how busy the park gets on a regular busy day. Not sure if I’ll go if everything is 1+ hour wait. Thanks for the help in advance.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:16 am

You're going on the 4th around fireworks time and are wondering if the park will be busy? Conventional wisdom says Steel Venom, Wild Thing, and Renegade will all have long lines. However, there is a good chance that it'll rain all day which will drive away some crowds and cancel the fireworks. A good chunk of the parking lot is also flooded right now, so keep that in mind.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:35 am

You definitely don't need to worry about everything being an hour wait. I don't think I've seen an hour+ wait at this park since Renegade was new. I've never been to the park on the 4th before, but you should have plenty of time to do what you want if you stay most the day. I think 30-45 min is about right for Renegade on a busy day and just under that range for the rest of the rides.

You can add High Roller to that list of rides that will probably have longer waits (most days it's longer than Wild Thing's wait), but even still I'd be shocked if it approached an hour.

But of course, we can't say anything with certainty because weather is a big and unpredictable factor, but I think that if you don't expect to be in the area for awhile and want to give the park a visit, go for it.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:32 am

In the past, July 4th has been relatively slow up until mid-afternoon, then more people start showing up as it gets closer to fireworks time, though the chance of rain/storms for tomorrow could change that.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Foltzy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:35 am

Hey guys
I was able to swing a trip to Valleyfair tomorrow. Quick question about lines for the coasters. I’ll be there at opening so which ones would you guys recommend getting on first for the shortest wait. Also is fast lane a necessity or should I be able to manage without it.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby millertpr » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:53 am

Foltzy wrote:Hey guys
I was able to swing a trip to Valleyfair tomorrow. Quick question about lines for the coasters. I’ll be there at opening so which ones would you guys recommend getting on first for the shortest wait. Also is fast lane a necessity or should I be able to manage without it.

No FastLane needed; I suggest this order:

- Steel venom
- High roller
- Mad mouse
- Renegade
- Excalibur
- Wild Thing
- Corkscrew
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/e622c94bcc03087feff94e4513e6f51e.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby VF15 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 am

Foltzy wrote:Hey guys

Since tomorrow is Saturday, it might be moderately busy, but you shouldn't need Fast Lane unless your time is limited or you want lots of rerides. I'd recommend riding Mad Mouse first since that usually has the longest wait due to low capacity, would also recommend riding Renegade, Xtreme Swing, High Roller, and North Star early on, everything else shouldn't be too busy.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:13 am

^ Follow VF15’s advice. Mad Mouse first due to capacity and then follow the rest of it and you should not need a fast pass at all.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swishtime101 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:49 pm

I was at the park a few days ago, and the river flooding seems to just not want to go down. I was expecting the water levels to have gone down by now considering all of the sunny days we’ve been having, but it’s still really high. Wonder how long it’ll take? :roll: :?r

Postby VF15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 am

^
I haven’t been at the park for a few days but the flooding wasn’t nearly as bad as it had been earlier. A week or so ago some of Renegade’s footers were underwater, and a few days ago it looked like the employee parking lot was only partially flooded. Hopefully it’ll be back to normal in the next week or so.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!