Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: WolfmanfromSUFU and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby millertpr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:31 pm

valleyfairfanatic wrote:
millertpr wrote:
Bad: lots of advertising (save the dogs)

This is a bad thing?

millertpr wrote: Dogs don't always do what they're supposed to do

I'm kind of baffled as to how this is surprising.

If I’m a paying guest at a theme park, I shouldn’t have to hear many, many ads about buying something; I’m here to see a dog show — not watch ads.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/e622c94bcc03087feff94e4513e6f51e.jpg[/img][/url]

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Is it bad if they're trying to raise awareness for a good cause though? I mean they're just trying to spread their message. I remember VF did Valleyfair Cares in support of cancer research, but would you consider that an ad as well?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:34 pm

millertpr wrote:If I’m a paying guest at a theme park, I shouldn’t have to hear many, many ads about buying something; I’m here to see a dog show — not watch ads.

Buy fast lane!
Upgrade to Gold Pass!
Get the Meal Plan!
Get the Souvenir Drink Cup!

Theme parks are loaded with advertising. At least Cedar Fair doesn't wrap their coaster trains with gum ads. And be thankful the ad in the dog show isn't one of those Sarah McLachlan ASPCA ads. And the ad plays over a set change.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Bro, arguably the most popular ride at Epcot is a giant Chevy ad. Hell, 90% of rides at Disney and Universal parks either feature product placement or are ads for their respective IPs that often dump into gift shops.

You’re bombarded with advertising in some form at every park in the world. Just accept it. :lol:

Postby VF15 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 am

Water levels on the Minnesota River are taking a toll on the park right now. The far north part of the parking lot is partially flooded and the employee parking lot is completely flooded, they’re having us park over at the dorms for now. Excalibur is currently closed. I hope it doesn’t get worse enough to close Renegade, especially with Fourth of July coming up. :|
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:41 am

^ Thanks for the update, I was just about to post if anybody knew what was happening with the rivers rising again here in Minnesota with all the rain. I have seen VF flood many times over the last 40 years but NEVER this late in the season. If this becomes a trend this will obviously not be good for the park. When they originally built the park they chose this spot because it had highway access and was close enough to the rest of the metro area. Plus it was the cheapest partial of land around at the time that met these requirements. Hope this decision does not come back to haunt the park. Tough location.

Postby VF15 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:25 pm

My bad, Excalibur did open today, it just opened late and thought it was due to the flooding but I guess not.

I’ve also noticed that Steel Venom’s holding brake has not been used in the past few days, I hope this isn’t permanent.

Edit: Rode Renegade today and the floodwaters are surrounding some of the supports near the first turnaround and the figure-8. If they keep rising I’d bet Renegade will be temporarily closing soon. :(
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:28 pm

VF15 wrote:My bad, Excalibur did open today, it just opened late and thought it was due to the flooding but I guess not.

I’ve also noticed that Steel Venom’s holding brake has not been used in the past few days, I hope this isn’t permanent.

Edit: Rode Renegade today and the floodwaters are surrounding some of the supports near the first turnaround and the figure-8. If they keep rising I’d bet Renegade will be temporarily closing soon. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if Excalibur and Renegade go down for high waters considering forecasted rain this weekend. Cause that water is already EXTREMELY high right now. Depending on how much rain falls, the park will be lucky if Excalibur, Renegade, and Thunder Canyon are the only things that close.

But on the bright side, I've heard Venom's holding break being off is temporary due to some technical difficulties a couple days ago. So hopefully it will be back on in a couple days.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Mdcastle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:12 pm

I noticed the brake missing on Steel Venom too.

Rode Delirious for the first time and loved it.

The "Roulette Waterfall" is working on Thunder Canyon for the first time in a decade. The one facing away from you as you're looking at it from the observation deck. One person in the raft gets it and then the other three laugh it him or her.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coaster Bro » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:36 am

Does anyone know why Wild Things third train is sitting to the side with the front car missing?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!