Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Jminnesota wrote:Why was Snoopy’s Moon Bounce removed? My six year old enjoyed it. Are they putting something different there eventually?

I don't think any of us have a sure answer to your questions, but my guess would be lack of interest or maintenance. Considering its an empty area (save the small statue) it will probably be filled in the next few years.

Also, on the subject of the land clearing by Excalibur, I just rode it today and could not see any land clearing that was allegedly said to be there.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Swishtime101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:01 am

valleyfairfanatic wrote:
Also, on the subject of the land clearing by Excalibur, I just rode it today and could not see any land clearing that was allegedly said to be there.

Yeah when I rode it before, the only thing I noticed was a land clearing located next to the grain elevators. I don’t know if that was there before, as I had never really paid attention to that area, or if it was recently cleared away, but is it even on Valleyfair’s land?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 am

Finally getting back on the forum here. I went on the Run and Ride weekend to volunteer and then try out Delirious. I wasn't really expecting to like it since I'm not a fan of just hanging upside down but it actually was a pretty fun ride! I think I'll chop this one up to butt-hurt enthusiasts complaining a lot for no real reason.

Also I *LOVE* the new lights over Route 76, it looks so great at night.

Swishtime101 wrote:
valleyfairfanatic wrote:

Yeah when I rode it before, the only thing I noticed was a land clearing located next to the grain elevators. I don’t know if that was there before, as I had never really paid attention to that area, or if it was recently cleared away, but is it even on Valleyfair’s land?

I haven't seen the land clearing you guys are talking about, but it's very possible that if it's close to the grain elevators it isn't Valleyfair's property.
vfland.PNG
Area outlined in red is Valleyfair's property

All of the land immediately west to that red line is owned by the owner of the grain elevators.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:26 pm

The land clearing I noticed earlier was located directly north of the ride. It’s still a mostly grassy area but it seems like there are fewer trees there than there used to be. Either way, I’m still half-expecting that this will end up being nothing since there have been rumors of Excalibur’s removal for years now but it’s still here.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Swishtime101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Does anyone know how the bring a friend works? Do we just show up at the gate with the friend, and while they're paying for their ticket hand the gold pass to the ticket person? Does it work differently? Speaking in regards to ordering at the gate, and not online.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby WolfmanfromSUFU » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Am I the only one who finds it unfortunate that while Valleyfair owns a lot of land, a lot of it cannot be developed due to the river? I'm curious, was that land blocked from development when the park was originally being developed or weren't they expecting it to be the hindrance to growth that it is now?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CoasterInk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Swishtime101 wrote:Does anyone know how the bring a friend works? Do we just show up at the gate with the friend, and while they're paying for their ticket hand the gold pass to the ticket person? Does it work differently? Speaking in regards to ordering at the gate, and not online.

What I would *ASSUME* would happen is your friend would ask for a bring-a-friend ticket, and the guy in the kiosk would say "YOU SHALL NOT PASS... unless you have a passholder with you." It would here where you would hand him the pass. (That's how it usually works). However, I'm not sure it they even offer the Bring-a-friend ticket at the park.

Also why even do it at the park? It's so much more convenient to do it online.

EDIT: The website specifically says, "Price available online only. Must be accompanied by a valid 2018 Gold or Platinum season pass holder. Up to six (6) tickets per pass per day. Validity dates may vary."

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby garyman6 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:49 am

CoasterInk wrote:
Swishtime101 wrote:Does anyone know how the bring a friend works? Do we just show up at the gate with the friend, and while they're paying for their ticket hand the gold pass to the ticket person? Does it work differently? Speaking in regards to ordering at the gate, and not online.

What I would *ASSUME* would happen is your friend would ask for a bring-a-friend ticket, and the guy in the kiosk would say "YOU SHALL NOT PASS... unless you have a passholder with you." It would here where you would hand him the pass. (That's how it usually works). However, I'm not sure it they even offer the Bring-a-friend ticket at the park.

Also why even do it at the park? It's so much more convenient to do it online.

EDIT: The website specifically says, "Price available online only. Must be accompanied by a valid 2018 Gold or Platinum season pass holder. Up to six (6) tickets per pass per day. Validity dates may vary."

You can bring a friend on any day and get them in for like $33 plus tax when you show the ticket office your season pass. I'm not sure how it works on the special "bring a friend" days but the price drops to I think $20.

WolfmanfromSUFU wrote:Am I the only one who finds it unfortunate that while Valleyfair owns a lot of land, a lot of it cannot be developed due to the river? I'm curious, was that land blocked from development when the park was originally being developed or weren't they expecting it to be the hindrance to growth that it is now?

I had a discussion about this very topic with the former GM of Valleyfair. He told me that when the original owners of Valleyfair first opened the park in 1976 there were almost no regulations to filling in wetlands. He said they could have and should have just had the whole thing filled in at the time. Now, there is so much government regulations to filling in wetlands that it's unlikely that they will ever fill in all of the wetlands. However, He did say that they could, without much problem place footers in wetland areas for things such as roller coasters. They just cant build buildings in the wetland! So, sarcastically speaking, most of Valleyfair's future new rides have to be roller coasters! :roll:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:11 am

garyman6 wrote:However, He did say that they could, without much problem place footers in wetland areas for things such as roller coasters. They just cant build buildings in the wetland! So, sarcastically speaking, most of Valleyfair's future new rides have to be roller coasters! :roll:

Now that's interesting. I was under the impression they couldn't build at all there. Honestly VF is good on a lot of the stuff you'd put in buildings, like shops and restaurants. They really just need more waterpark. Although I wouldn't turn down a giga along the river. Who am I kidding? I would plan a trip around a giga along the river.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby garyman6 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:44 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
garyman6 wrote:However, He did say that they could, without much problem place footers in wetland areas for things such as roller coasters. They just cant build buildings in the wetland! So, sarcastically speaking, most of Valleyfair's future new rides have to be roller coasters! :roll:

Now that's interesting. I was under the impression they couldn't build at all there. Honestly VF is good on a lot of the stuff you'd put in buildings, like shops and restaurants. They really just need more waterpark. Although I wouldn't turn down a giga along the river. Who am I kidding? I would plan a trip around a giga along the river.

Well, a giga unfortunately probably wont happen unless they get a special permit. Because of flying cloud airport across the river the park has a height limit of 275'. Now, that is within the current park limits as far as I know. If you get off to the far east or west then "maybe". Power tower was originally planned for 300' but when permits were obtained they were given a 275' limit. That's also why NorthStar is not taller either. That still leaves room for a record tall invert though. I can't imagine what a 225' twisting inverted first drop would be like but I'm will to ride it. As the saying goes, "If they build it, the people will come!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!